KOTOR Remake Sounds Good to Xbox Boss

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
There's me not realizing that game was even on the Xbox. The PC port is so thoroughly, ridiculously (we're talking borderline System Shock 2 levels, here) mouse-driven that I had it pegged for a PC exclusive. I guess that's how you do a PC port right.

And any remakes or continuation of this series would mean people having another reason to give EA more money, so I'm against it.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
008Zulu said:
We already have KOTOR3, EA released the MMO a couple of years back.

For all it's bad points, TOR was a beautiful game. I would very much like to see KOTOR 1 and 2 remade using it's assets.
I agree. Loving the Consular path so far. Kinda boring in some parts though. A friend and I teamed up and plan on seeing all the class stories through one after another.

On Topic: I would love to see a KOTOR remake. KOTOR is one of my favorite RPGs and I still remember getting it for the first time and playing it.

Redhawkmillenium

May 5, 2011
The licensing probably wouldn't be too complicated. EA both owns BioWare and is in charge of Star Wars video game development now. If this happens, though, there must be a PC version.

Honestly though I would rather have a remake of KOTOR II, with the cut content restored. Because it had the better story.

barbzilla

He who speaks words from mouth!
Dec 6, 2010
I am Barbzilla, and I support this message. Unless it has anything to do with online, shooters, and/or slightly misshapen heads... in that case, I support a previous poster's insinuation that he kill all meatbags.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Meh. I must be the only one on this site who really wouldn't care about an HD remake of the game. What made the game so great wasn't it's combat or its graphics, but its story and the atmosphere behind it. And once you've completely experienced the story, there really was no reason to keep on playing it.

VoidWanderer

Sep 17, 2011
WouldYouKindly said:
How about a properly finished sequel? That would be pretty cool too.

Also, I wonder if they'd still shackle it to a modified D&D system.
So, this is why Hollywood keeps remaking old movies, it knows that at least one part of the entertainment sector is getting done properly.

Seriously, I am very interested, but I would prefer an HD remake, than a HD reskin. Give Kotor 1 Kotor2's crafting and "TES PLEASE!!"

Oh, and if they decide that remaking KOTOR2 is a good idea (Hint: It is) actually give us the game it was supposed to be done, not the mess we got please.

Speaking of HD remakes...Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines remake please!

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Please stop trying to remake good games. In most cases it ends badly.

With that said, I would pay and arm and a leg to see KotOR 3 made by Obsidian. Alas, with so many games on their plate I doubt this will ever happen.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
If nothing else this guy has a fairly good pedigree when it comes to his game selections.

OT- I never did play the original KOTOR so I would jump on an HD re-release in a heartbeat.

Polarity27

Jul 28, 2008
Redhawkmillenium said:
The licensing probably wouldn't be too complicated. EA both owns BioWare and is in charge of Star Wars video game development now. If this happens, though, there must be a PC version.

Honestly though I would rather have a remake of KOTOR II, with the cut content restored. Because it had the better story.
^^This so very much! This, I would pay for. An HD version of the first game? Nah. Don't care about graphics in an RPG, but I'd love to see a console version of KOTOR II with all the content restored. I'm still angry they screwed the pooch with that godawful MMO-- it may be pretty, the mechanics might be okay, but the worldbuilding is ridiculous.

Defective Shade

Feb 27, 2014
Should this idea come about would they get rid of the old fighting mechanics? or would they have it free form fighting like other games. all in all though I would buy the hell out of it then regardless of HD or not

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
WouldYouKindly said:
There's nothing inherently wrong with such a system, but you're generally only going there for the sake of familiarity for your audience anyway. For all of my RPG experience, I still don't do tabletop gaming. My only experience with those systems is through games like KOTOR and Neverwinter Nights.
I agree. I've never really cared for that sort of system much, in fact one of the only things I found to really be disappointing about KOTOR was the fact that it used a dice roll system instead of true real time combat like the Jedi Knight series. The dice roll system just looks so awkward, while a decent real time combat system is fast paced and intense, so one can probably see why I prefer it.

OT: I find myself surprised to see that the fans haven't done this already. I mean sure, there's plenty of mods that improve the graphics somewhat but nothing that really says "you know this decade old game? Now it's graphics are up to today's standards!" like an official remake would probably do. That said, I've never been one to care much about graphics as long as they're good enough that I can tell what it is I'm looking at, so while I'd like to see an HD remake, it's not vital.

immortalfrieza

Elite Member
Legacy
May 12, 2011
Country
USA
Defective Shade said:
Should this idea come about would they get rid of the old fighting mechanics? or would they have it free form fighting like other games. all in all though I would buy the hell out of it then regardless of HD or not
I agree, but they'd probably have to rebalance the entire game to do that though, but I doubt it's impossible. I highly doubt they'd do that though, to avoid pissing off the purists if nothing else.

exobook

Sep 28, 2011
Actually there is another reason why setting a new star wars game in the distance past is good for EA. With the upcoming trilogy inevitable rewriting canon a new franchise (it is always a franchise) may be undone if they set it during the original trilogy. So best to play it safe and go into the past where they have a lot of choice.

GabeZhul

Mar 8, 2012
I would rather want a full remake instead of a HD re-release. Put it on the Unreal 3 engine (BioWare already has a ton of experience with that, so it wouldn't take that long), slap DA2's more dynamic battle system upon it, maybe throw one or two new party members into the mix (or at least flesh out Jolee, Juhani and Mission a little more, and T3M4 could also really use some setup for the amount of character he gains by KotOR 2). Do all this, and people would be buying it like candy!

iseko

Dec 4, 2008
To all the people that want the combat system revamped I say: No! no no no no no no no! LALALALALALALALAAAAAA I can't hear you over all my NO NO NO NO saying.

Seriously don't. It's not god of war or a bloody shooter or the hack 'n slash BS that DA II was trying to pull off. And it is NOT the force unleashed ffs. It is an rpg and in this setting the combat system is just fine. Don't fix what isn't broken. I'd rather they keep their greasy paws away from KOTOR entirely. Too big a chance that shit goes wrong and they jerk off all over the game. Don't touch my bloody classics!

Either fix the missing content to KOTOR II or make KOTOR III properly and not that *thing* swtor. I'd rather forget that ever happend. But don't touch KOTOR I am begging you :(

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Meh, give us KOTOR 3 (hopefully bundled with a finished KOTOR 2) Made by Obsidian and let them finish it in their own time, Then i'll get excited.

Zeldias

Oct 5, 2011
Oh boy...Get to rehash my time spent with Carth Onasi -gags-.

Would rather see a new game than an HD remake of this. I found the first KotoR to be pretty weak, though, so who am I to talk. But even if it was KotoR2 in HD, I'd still much rather see, as someone else said, a new KotoR altogether, although that dream probably died with the creation of ToR.