KOTOR Remake Sounds Good to Xbox Boss

T'Generalissimo

Nov 9, 2008
It seems like it would be more worthwhile to give Kotor 2 back to Obsidian and actually let them finish it this time. Or have them make Kotor 3 and actually let them finish it this time. Or have them make any game and actually let them finish it this time.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Bat Vader said:
I agree. Loving the Consular path so far. Kinda boring in some parts though. A friend and I teamed up and plan on seeing all the class stories through one after another.
Never did finish the Consular's story. EA killed the Asia/Pacific servers and the lag on the American servers made the game unplayable for me. Only finished the Bounty Hunter, Sith Warrior and Jedi Knights. From what I could tell of all the playable classes, it seems the Jedi Knight's was the primary in the game.

I am excited for a remake, but the realist in me thinks there are too many hoops to jump through for it to be a reality. Plus, it would require Origin.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
Sorry guys but Kotor 3 has already happened with Swtor whether you like the game or not it covers a huge expanse of time and references events hundreds of years before, after and during Kotor 1 and 2. The Jedi Knight storyline essentially is Kotor 3, the things that unfold in that story are a direct reference and wrap up of the events in Kotor especially if you include the Maelstrom Prison flashpoint with that journey. Most of the other storylines in Swtor help to flesh out events unfolding around the great galactic war and the receding cold war but don't actually tie with Kotor itself.

There is a youtuber named FluffyNinjaLlama who put together videos showing the many references for those that have no interest in playing the game or are just curious.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82E3606EFFC0C337

NightHavoc

Sep 15, 2010
Agitated statement: If the meatbags at Microsoft allow a remake to come to both xbox and PC I will be happy master.
Probing query: Why not remake both games and sell them as a bundle?

Seriously though if they did that by remaking kotor and actually completing kotor 2 and putting them together in a bundle thing (Like they are doing with final fantasy x & x2) I would be totally down with that....... Kotor 3 totally needs to happen though.

Auberon

Aug 29, 2012
Disney might actually be less averse to MCA deconstructing entire franchise, which is perfect. Bioware wrote it as childishly black and white...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Arnoxthe1 said:
Meh. I must be the only one on this site who really wouldn't care about an HD remake of the game. What made the game so great wasn't it's combat or its graphics, but its story and the atmosphere behind it. And once you've completely experienced the story, there really was no reason to keep on playing it.
True, the story was great, but the graphics today kinda of make it hard to look at. And while there maybe Mods out there to improve them, there are many who can't as they aren't PC gamers.

Also think of it this way, if a HD remake of this game was successful, we may actually get a complete KOTOR 2!

Also if this happened, i doubt it would be Xbox exclusive, Disney would probably want it Multi-platform to maximise sales.

Sep 14, 2009
Sanunes said:
Smiley Face said:
I do think gamermage may have been referring to kotor I, it's been a while but i swore that there was a mod/patch that restored some of the cut content from kotor I. From what I remember, it was mostly a bunch of dialogue that just added depth to certain situations, but it was still cut content nonetheless.

edit:

Yupp, I don't know if this was the exact mod/patch thing I was using, but this is getting TSLRCM treatment basically:

here is the forum topic where it is being updated [http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/2380-refocusing-k1r-changes-in-plans-for-10-earlier-release-cancellation-of-demo-20/page-3]

Like I said, it's mostly polish and tying up little things here and there in dialogue, but overall it's definitely worth checking out if anyone is itching to do a playthrough on kotor I

Artea

Jul 9, 2013
Kotor has got to be one of the most ridiculously overrated games ever made. I can only imagine it's so well-loved because it was the first major western-style RPG to come out on a console and therefore people's first exposure to western RPG's. The game has clunky combat and a very unimaginative and juvenile cookie-cutter story.

Eldritch Warlord

Jun 6, 2008
Why do so many people think an HD KotOR remake is so unlikely? The iOS remake came out less than a year ago (and the article even mentions that)!

Still since KotOR's graphics still hold up fairly well (I don't think they were ever a selling point anyway) and I always preferred the sequel more I find this idea to not be terribly exciting. Now if the idea were KotOR & KotOR II HD Enhanced Editions Bundle I'd be posting more "do want" gifs than The Escapist can handle.

Or they could always make KotOR III.

Haakmed

Oct 29, 2010
no no no no no no! Don't touch it! They will only make it worse! That being said I would welcome KOTOR 3, seeing as how bad SWTOR is.... Just maybe not in Bioware's and EA's hands. These fumbles they have been making are getting kinda old.

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
I'm pretty content with patched-up original. Modern Bioware will plug in there a dialog wheel, make all characters bisexual and add an ending with blowing up some tubes.

Oroboros

Feb 21, 2011
Personally, I'd much rather have a finished KoTOR II, and for there to be a mulligan on TOR and a proper, non-MMO KoTOR III to be made. I seriously was not a happy camper when I found out that KoTOR III was going to be a MMO, nor was I when I found out how Revan/Exile were treated.

Sep 24, 2008
Bat Vader said:
008Zulu said:
We already have KOTOR3, EA released the MMO a couple of years back.

For all it's bad points, TOR was a beautiful game. I would very much like to see KOTOR 1 and 2 remade using it's assets.
I agree. Loving the Consular path so far. Kinda boring in some parts though. A friend and I teamed up and plan on seeing all the class stories through one after another.

On Topic: I would love to see a KOTOR remake. KOTOR is one of my favorite RPGs and I still remember getting it for the first time and playing it.
I hate to be this guy, but I have to be

Consular for the win.

I never felt more in touch with the Jedi mythos than playing that path. Everything what I wanted a Jedi to be.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
If they were to remake this game, I'd convince two farmland families that the other had killed their children and have them resolve their issues with a bloody blaster battle to the death that leaves me - the instigator - as the only one left standing alive when all the dust settles! Oh I love this game for all the deliciously, GLEEFULLY evil things that you can do as a Dark Sider in that game. That, and because HK-47 was Garrus before Garrus was even born. My Revan never went ANYWHERE without his trusty assassin droid at his side. :p

Edit: Oh, and I meant to ask...was anyone hard-headed enough like me to play a Blasters Only run through the game? Makes it a bit more challenging when you're not just chopping things to bits with an overpowered light saber.

vun

Burrowed Lurker
Apr 10, 2008
I really hope this happens, I didn't play it when it was new, and these days it just feels too clunky to bother going through.

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
eh. I have it on pc and it still works. Even an original xbox version will work on the 360 but it really messes with the frame rates. I would much rather see a kotor 3. Now if they would add official controller support for fable and kotor on pc that would make me very happy.

Teh Jammah

Nov 13, 2010
A KotOR + KotOr 2 HD rerelease with the stuff Obsidian never got to put in due to the rushed deadline patched in is the dictionary definition of shut up and take my money.

Too much licensing hassle for it to likely be a reality, but I would literally murder for it.