Kristen Stewart to play Princess Diana

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010

Honestly...I can see it. At least in the "vague, general facial structure similarity" kind of way. And I like Kristen as an actress. I think her work is just fine. I am curious if she can pull off an English accent though, but I suspect they will have accent coaches on hand for that. Personally I hate trying to do a British accent of any kind, I just don't do it well. It always comes off as an exaggerated cockney

Reactions: gorfias

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I like Stewart but on top of looking nothing like Diana I don't see her as especially British or dignified.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I like Stewart but on top of looking nothing like Diana I don't see her as especially British or dignified.
Dianna and Stewart share something of a persona, like they want to be closer but then are stand offish. They have a close enough physical presence that they can make up Stewart to look very much like her.
Kinda makes me want to start a new thread: worst people to play real life people. See "A Futile and Stupid Gesture" on Netflix for examples.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Kinda makes me want to start a new thread: worst people to play real life people. See "A Futile and Stupid Gesture" on Netflix for examples.
Sounds dangerous. I could correctly say "Jeff Garlin to play Michelle Obama" and yet be called all sorts of things for it.

Reactions: gorfias

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
What? Um...I wasn't going to see it anyway, so when it's a disaster I won't care. But...really?

Palindromemordnilap

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 12, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
Always thought Diana was a bit of a blank slate people liked projecting virtues on so yeah Kristen Stewart sound like a pretty apt choice

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I can see it now

"You must, um, get rid of these, err, landmines. They are, ummm, hurting these, errr, people" - My impression of every Kristen Stewart character ever acting out a moment in Diana's life. Girl cannot act.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Personally I hate trying to do a British accent of any kind, I just don't do it well. It always comes off as an exaggerated cockney
I'm just waiting for Kristen Stewart to do Diana as a cockney. 'Awright mate! Let's see about these wind chimes [land mines] then! When we're done with that we'll see what we can do about the horrific crisis of ace of spades [AIDS].'

Honest comment: regardless of how you feel about the royal family (there shouldn't be one), she used her position for good as far as I can see, and was just about the last royal you'd want to see die (Prince Andrew is obviously first). Have always felt bad for the kids. Harry seems all sorts of fucked up, and I kinda know how that goes.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Honestly...I can see it. At least in the "vague, general facial structure similarity" kind of way. And I like Kristen as an actress. I think her work is just fine. I am curious if she can pull off an English accent though, but I suspect they will have accent coaches on hand for that. Personally I hate trying to do a British accent of any kind, I just don't do it well. It always comes off as an exaggerated cockney
I can't wait until she looks at the paparazzi like a deer in headlights.

At the red carpet premier not just in the movie.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well, there's no way this isn't going to be both awful and tawdry and utterly slanted in Diana's direction.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
People still care about Kristen Stewart and Princess Diana?

Seriously, how many movies has PD had at this point?

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Will have to see how it turns out. I've nothing against the idea, mostly just hoping it isn't another glorification of the system they've been fostered and groomed to represent.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
I don't care about Kristen Stewart, but that's me.

I don't get why people still care about Lady Di, though? It's been 30 years.