L.A noir or infamous 2

Solytus

Sep 2, 2008
Honestly, I would say inFAMOUS 2, LA Noire is undoubtedly a great game in its own right, but I personally enjoyed inFAMOUS 2 more, and on a more objective point, inFAMOUS 2 has greater replay value than LA Noire.

Evaheist666

Jun 4, 2011
L.A Noir by far IMO. But it all depends on you because both games become extremely repetitive towards the end. Infamous gets repetitive after the first 5 hours IMO.

You have to see if you would like to stomach more adventure-type gaming or more "jump and climb"ing.

valleyshrew

Aug 4, 2010
Spam much? Infamous is a shallow generic super hero game with nothing memorable or interesting narratively, in the setting or in the gameplay. LA Noire is not a masterpiece, but it's a commendable effort that the biggest criticism for is that it didn't have the ambition to utilise the mediums potential. It's basically just a tv series with gameplay mechanics, but no significant narrative choices.

KafkaOffTheBeach

Nov 17, 2010
Infamous 2: Electric Boogaloo is fun and varied 'n shit with a really cool open world that is used really, really well.
L.A Noir is very 'one-trick' - but the one trick that it does is to tell a story in a really cool, interesting way with new-ish mechanics and new ideas.

The one absolutely criminal thing about L.A Noir is the way they use the brilliantly detailed and historically accurate open world in the game. As in: they don't.
I personally prefer Infamous 2 because of how it balances all of its elements to create a fully realised game - which is where I think that L.A Noir falls a bit short, what with its slightly dodgy interrogation mechanics, its slightly dodgy detectoring mechanics and its horrifically underused world.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
I enjoyed L A Noire. I have yet to play Infamous 2 yet, although I did like the first (PSN hack was good....I think?).

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
While both are good, even great, games in their own right, I would personally go with L.A. Noire if only to support Rockstar and Team Bondi for giving us a unique game like Noire. It was a huge risk, and hopefully it payed off.

That being said, I am hoping I'll be able to get both, most likely InFamous 2 first as it'll satiate my shocking quota.

Akisa

Jan 7, 2010
La noire, for the simple fact that it's not a sequel. I rather companies make new ip then focus on sequels.