L4D Fans Reprogram Road Signs to "Zombies Ahead"

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
Something like this happned in Austin, Texas and possibly other places some years ago. They should've been more creative, something about Graboids (of "Tremors" fame) or some other pop culture reference.

HapexIndustries

Mar 8, 2011
This was done in Texas in 2009. The people involved got in trouble. Whatever, still awesome as long as no one was hurt and there wasn't an important message being subverted.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,484326,00.html

Freemon

Nov 18, 2009
Bretty said:
That is funny.

Although imagine going down that road at night. Tell me I wouldn't be the only one turning my radio to national news lol.
You wouldn't.

Tell me i wouldn't be the only one grabbing the shotgun from the trunk and keeping it closer on the front seat.

rampagev2

Jul 20, 2008
Hahaha, I think that is brilliant. But what I don't get is why and how would you have the time to do all that if their was a zombie apocalypses??

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Irridium said:
I'd have made it say "It is dark, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue...".

It'd only work at night, yeah, but still.
Nah, that's one you set up at a tunnel entrance.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
My money said it was the construction boys in the first place. Like they said, you need a key and a code, my guess is one of them was a gamer.
Face it, if you're doing that job, where's the harm in a little fun?

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
"be alert for tanks" could easily be a proper notice. I was driving a couple years back to a cottage and after warnings from a couple of soldiers on the small road, eleven tanks rolled from where I was going.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
A) Been done a million times. Even here in Austin.

B) If I ever saw that, and had no previous knowledge of how easy this is, I would prolly floor it to the nearest gun store, drive through the front, and start loading up, screaming for everyone to panic.

Ein987

Jan 15, 2011
Bretty said:
That is funny.

Although imagine going down that road at night. Tell me I wouldn't be the only one turning my radio to national news lol.
I would be xD
Funny stuff, that is

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
fare777 said:
Wasn't this already done years ago?
I'm pretty sure it was as I know for a fact I've seen that picture somewhere, possibly in another news post here about the earlier instance of the prank. Actually no, I think it was on Cracked in one of their "X number of pictures you won't believe aren't photoshopped" articles.

Jamboxdotcom

Nov 3, 2010
thank god the construction people took it so casually. imagine the negative publicity for gamers if they'd called the cops.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
Eri said:
Maybe we should be more concerned that everyone ignored the zombie warning and went ahead anyway. This kind of behavior is exactly why a zombie apocalypse would get so bad, because no one one listen until it was too late.
Yep. If this was the apocalypse, we'd be fucked... Same thing as car alarms... No one pays attention to them anymore. We figure some asshole just bumped someone's car

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
not the most original, but chuckle-worthy and I have to hand it to the contractor. It's heart warming to see someone take a good-natured (if mischievious) prank in stride and accept a joke for what it is.

Kwaren

Jul 10, 2009
It's easy to do. Just ask google.

"It will ask you for a password. Try "DOTS", the default password.

In all likelihood, the crew will not have changed it. However if they did, never fear. Hold "Control" and "Shift" and while holding, enter "DIPY". This will reset the sign and reset the password to "DOTS" in the process. You're in"

Am I the only one that thinks maybe, just maybe, these things should be a little harder to change? They usually are protected with a tiny lock, and sometimes that's not even on there.

It's illegal so do it at your own risk.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
Raiyan 1.0 said:
Bretty said:
That is funny.

Nope, you're not the only one. In fact, if I don't hear anything on the national radio, I would come to the conclusion that the government is obviously trying to do a cover up.

Hell, come to think of it, those guys might be onto something... I better go stockpile medikits and ammo.
Dude there are plenty of nights I leave my friends house at 1 am and I don't feel safe until I put the news radio. I also feel like the apocalypse is gonna happen lol