L4D2 Banned

ekkaman

Feb 19, 2009
Eisenfaust" post="9.143889.3223870 said:
BLAST!

i never played L4D1 but the more games our government starts banning... well... ban a few, it steamrolls into hundreds... sigh

strangely enough... we refuse classification to these games, but then have some of the world's loosest laws on prostitution... seems like a bit of a double standard[/quote

pollies dont play games mate but i guess they unwind some other way ;-)

ekkaman

Feb 19, 2009
Thurmer said:
http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/102/1025650p1.html

good fun being australian at the moment
http://www.news.com.au/files/left%204%20dead%202-%20classification%20board%20decsion%20report.pdf

the reason is ...

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
meglathon said:
Y are the standers so different down under, i mien is the government so concerned, that games makes you a violent person that there locking it down or is it that there afraid games will disturb the surf market.
Well austrailans are the the decendant's of the criminals who were shipped there. hehee might activate a rampage gene in them ?

Panzer_God

Welcome to the League of Piccolo
Apr 29, 2009
that just means they lose the money in taxes since everyone will download it anyway. Now iit will just be illegal

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
AkJay said:
Awh, now Yahtzee won't be able to play L4D2 =l
Don't underestimate him...He got an import copy of Manhunt and Silent Hill Homecoming, remember?

I want to know when Australia is going to ditch Michael Atkinson and get a mature rating like every other country except Singapore

NOTE: No offense intended towards anyone who lives in Australia or Singapore.

Aug 3, 2008
UNKNOWNINCOGNITO said:
meglathon said:
Y are the standers so different down under, i mien is the government so concerned, that games makes you a violent person that there locking it down or is it that there afraid games will disturb the surf market.
Well austrailans are the the decendant's of the criminals who were shipped there. hehee might activate a rampage gene in them ?
Please read up on why this is happening before you post more uninformed comments and make an ass out of yourself.

Aug 3, 2008
Macgyvercas said:
AkJay said:
Awh, now Yahtzee won't be able to play L4D2 =l
Don't underestimate him...He got an import copy of Manhunt and Silent Hill Homecoming, remember?

I want to know when Australia is going to ditch Michael Atkinson and get a mature rating like every other country except Singapore

NOTE: No offense intended towards anyone who lives in Australia or Singapore.
For most of us, it is impossible to do anything about this issue. What Michael Atkinson is doing is completely undemocratic, and no one supports him.

kickasspeanut

Aug 29, 2009
i live in Australia if they sell ninja gaiden 2 which has a ridiculously large amount of gore and people getting beheaded but left for dead 2 banned im confused XD ohwell i dont like left for dead to much so eh

s3cur1tr0n

Aug 5, 2008
So can australians buy alcohol or tobacco either?? Australia seems to still be a prison colony. Fun = banned in Australia.

eezaak

Sep 4, 2009
The fact you will be able to download the game directly off Steam side steps the whole banning issue. And for fucks sake could we have some common sense from our political leaders?

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Flishiz said:
Man, it's like Germany and Australia are in this constant struggle to outdo each other in making gamers miserable.
Who wins that struggle is somewhat dependant on what happens over here in the future. Thumbscrews on gaming have continually been getting tightened with every depressed gaming dolt who decided it'd be the most glorious way to delete oneself from existence via a shotgun massacre at their school... I feel we're just one or two more of these incidents away from gaming itself being outlawed here in Germany. :(

Zeldadudes

Sep 12, 2008
They'll let a film like Irreversible get through, has a 10 minute rape scene but L4D2 is too imbued with violence that its not allowed.

Ridiculous.