LA Noire Dev Dropped Eleven Cases to Make the Game Fit on the Disc

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
50gb of BD space not enough? This is a case of the game being too big already! I really wouldn't want to install games that big on my PC.

BD drives aren't ubiquitous yet, sadly. They are out there but not prolifically so, and a medium shift is still pretty far off in that regard.

Edit: I had the 4 cd edition of SWtOR. Take of that what you will.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
soooo guess that's where DLC comes from :p figures loll

so it's what one blu-ray and 3 dvds? haha what's one more gonna hurt (besides blu-ray's feelings maybe)

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
What the fuck could possibly take so much space? I mean animations only take so much room. Are the facial animations really that huge? If they are, then I think the next step is providing some way of compressing the data efficiently allowing for quick access...

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
I guess all I am wondering is why didn't they just use 2 blue ray discs so they could fit the cases?

(I played the game for the 360, which had 3 discs and I didn't mind that I had to swap discs, so I hope that wasn't the reason they cut the content.)

Although I wish they wouldn't have spent the time to make those cases and instead used it to gives us some time with his family, so maybe then I can figure out why Cole did what he did, because it was not very clear why it happened, it just happened.

Liudeius

Oct 5, 2010
Secret Weapon said:
Wolfram01 said:
So basically Xbox screwed over PS3 and PC owners alike? Nice job...
Fanboy fail.

The PS3 screwed over everyone because they couldn't squeeze it onto one precious blu-ray. The 360 version already comes on multiple discs so what's one more? It's the Sony retards that are complaining about having to get up to change a disc. Most lazy fuckers I've ever seen.
Fanboy? Considering how vulgar you are, not only are YOU a fan boy, you are an awful person as well.
I was going to say the same, in a far less vile manner, but now that you have said it, I must contradict you.

Blu-rays hold 50GB, 3 dual layer DVD's are only 26GB. IF it actually didn't fit on a Blu-ray, they would have needed at least 7 DVD's for it.
Sony fanboys would be more used to switching discs too, since the PlayStation was started when multiple discs were almost an expectation.

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Easton Dark said:
neonsword13-ops said:
If Mass Effect 2 could fit on one Blu-Ray disk even with ALL of the DLC, I don't understand why L.A. Noire didn't.

Maybe some sequel material.
It couldn't fit on the DVD, and they didn't want to work on something that only PS3 people could enjoy.

Kind of sad, really.
Two right brother, they should've just done a double DVD for XBOX's inferior, 20th century, discs, whilst the PS3 (much like Final Fantasy XIII), with its 25GBs of space, would've laughed at it 'oh? concerned you'll be 10GBs are you? muhuhahahah!'.