LA Times Announces Nintendo's New PlayStation 4

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
LA Times Announces Nintendo's New PlayStation 4

Nintendo's new PlayStation 4 must be the result of a mysterious business deal none of us knew about.

Read Full Article

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Nintendo PlayStation 4, huh? Well my body is ready. Jeez, what a rookie mistake. It's like when old people talk about the internet being a series of tubes, only worse.

NWJ94

Feb 21, 2013
So nice to know the high standards of research journalists abide by. It would only have taken about 10 seconds on Google to check that.

Cybylt

Aug 13, 2009
Oddly enough, probably the most accurate main stream news article on games of the decade.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Nintendo made there own PS4? Is this mean Mario will be in shown in a much better look with larger levels wow I am amazed at this news I sure hope it duesn't cost to much or have any gimmicky controllers like that Wii U had and one can only imagine how Metriod will look in such high detail.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Oh, it was only a (dumb) mistake?

Phew, I almost shit myself from confusion. :/

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
So they finally did it, Nintendo and Sony teamed up against Microsoft.
Of course they'd want to keep something like this under wraps, thankfully the skilled journalists at LA Times have some amazing anonymous sources.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I see no mistakes. Now excuse me while I go and play Sega's latest Pokémon game.

Cereally though, you'd think that if they were going to cover videogame news they would at least know who makes which consoles, or take the minute or so it would take to check.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
And people wonder why the print industry is dying... Seriously though, one would think that maybe the freakin' LA Times would have, you know, fact checkers that actually did their jobs. Journalism is officially dead when you see stories that should have been printed by The Onion in mainstream news.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I wish I held onto it, but I saw a similar blunder many years ago that referred to a mysterious console known as the "XCube Station".

No word on who was supposed to create that monstrosity, just that it was the hot new item that Christmas.

I supposed I'll have to wait until Hyperkin announces it in 2019 and releases is three years later without any news as to why it was pushed back so far, and pissing everyone off who preordered it.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
What more proof does one need that News Journalism no long require any fact checking? lol

Nothing you read, watch, or hear on the news can be considered "fact" anymore.

Thanks LA Times.

Kmadden2004

Feb 13, 2010
Looking at the caption to that photo, it appears that LA Times is operating under the belief that Splatoon is also a console...

azurine

Jan 20, 2011
See, this is what happens when people who know nothing about video games are forced to talk about video games.
According to some none-gamers, every video game and console that has ever existed is called "Nintendo".

Essentially, we're still hearing a mild echo to something that was first sounded all the way back in the 90s when Nintendo ruled the world.

That said, WOW, this takes a very special kind of incompetence to not think "let's fact-check this first before publishing".

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Yeah, and people point and laugh at our (admitedly) pathetic local news papers :/

I also love how they write every single game's name with quotes.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Okay okay wait, CLEARLY the writer of this is a traveler from the dimension where the deal between Sony and Nintendo did not fall through.

I mean it's obvious.

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
Well, if the LA Times believe that this guy is "tech-savvy", I know where not to get my technology news from. The paper should have sent an intern to write the story.