LaBeouf: It's My Fault Indiana Jones 4 Was No Good

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
LaBeouf: It's My Fault Indiana Jones 4 Was No Good

Didn't like Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull? Neither did Shia LaBeouf, and he says that it's his fault.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull [http://www.amazon.com/Indiana-Jones-Kingdom-Crystal-Single/dp/B001DTPZNY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1276714515&sr=1-1] may have made loads of money at the box office, but there's no getting round the fact that it had something of a mixed reception amongst movie-goers. Speaking to the LA Times [http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/05/shia-labeouf-wall-street-2-indiana-jones-steven-spielberg.html], actor Shia LaBeouf, who played Indy's son Mutt, said that he deserves a significant part of the blame for the movie not being as good as its predecessors.

"I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished," LaBeouf said. "You get to monkey-swinging and things like that and you can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven [Spielberg]. But the actor's job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn't do it. So that's my fault. Simple."

"We [Harrison Ford and LaBeouf] had major discussions. He wasn't happy with it either. Look, the movie could have been updated. There was a reason it wasn't universally accepted," he added.

Source: LA Times [http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2010/05/shia-labeouf-wall-street-2-indiana-jones-steven-spielberg.html]

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
I quite liked it, thought it was good fun.
It's not his fault if the people who were nursing their nostalgia kept moaning...

StarStruckStrumpets

Jan 17, 2009
He's giving himself a bit of a hard time recently isn't he?

I wonder what's wrong with him...(I can hear you all crying "He's a shite actor" already)

wasalp

Dec 22, 2008
its good to see a star that's this level headed...my opinion on LaBeouf has changed I now have respect for him. The movie wasn't horrible but it wasn't as great.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Finally! Someone who owns up to their mistakes. Now, all we're waiting for is an apology from Megan Fox's parents.

That aside, I still liked Indie 4, but it did get silly at times. Well, sillier, than normal.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
There were so many factors that contributed to it being bad. I really don't think it's necessarily his fault at all. Lucas, on the other hand...

Johnny Cain

Apr 18, 2010
Clearly it's some kind of sin to the universe to actually like Shia LaBeouf and his movies.
Can't say I don't commit it though.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
It was just peoples nostalgia, I personally think he did his role well. Also, there is was a typo in the title.

bad rider

The prodigal son of a goat boy
Dec 23, 2007
Dude, I think the internet has crippled Shia LeBeouf's confidence.

GuideBot

Feb 25, 2010
I pretty much stand by south parks take on all this.

However, Shia's recent form has trebled my respect for him.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Yeah Crystal Skull wasn't up to par with the first three but it did manage at least to not take a big smelly all encompassing shit on the entire franchise like the Star Wars prequels. Hell, if he REALLY wants to apologize for something why not Transformers 2?

DoW Lowen

Exarch
Jan 11, 2009
What's wrong with LaBeouf? Really, I never did mind him. There have been much worse actors his age, much stupider and much more hollywood. I've never seen the guy not keep a level head, and he seems to genuinely enjoy his roles.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
I guess it's noble that he's admitting fault, but it means nothing unless he takes steps to do better next time.

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Xanthious said:
Hell, if he REALLY wants to apologize for something why not Transformers 2?
I though it was 1/4 Megan Fox and 3/4 shitty writing that destroyed Transformers 2.

Anyways, good for him for being one of the more modest actors out there (though I thought he played his role quite well).

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I'll give Shia LaBeouf this... he is capable of admitting his mistakes. I'm not sure if this isn't just a publicity stunt of some kind but at least he is admitting fault, that's something I respect.
Besides for the record, I thought he was alright in Holes so he does have a few redeemable qualities.

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Personally, I think it was the aliens fault. No hard feelings, LaBeouf.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
It wasn't his fault. It was Steven Spielberg and George Lucas, and I stand by that forever!

Although he didn't exactly make the film better

Jul 9, 2008
There were problems with Indy 4. The fact that LeBoeuf's character existed may have been a fault, but Leboeuf himself was not.