Lady Layton English Localization Confirmed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Lady Layton English Localization Confirmed

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1339/1339626.jpg
Level-5 has confirmed that Lady Layton will see a western release in 2017.

Professor Layton fans were pleased to hear the news that the newest game in the series, confirmed [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168041-Laydy-Layton-Professor-Layton-Game-Smartphones#&gid=gallery_6358&pid=1] that the game will see an English language release.

Lady Layton: The Millionaire Ariadone's Conspiracy - the game's official English title - will launch in western territories in "2017". No further time-frame was provided. The Japanese launch is currently slated for "spring" 2017, so we can assume it will be in the later half of the year.

"The story will focus less on dynamic problem-solving and more on solving multiple mystery cases observed in the everyday lives of Londoners," Level-5 says, with hopes it will offer "a faster tempo and more comical tone" that fans will find "funnier than ever" while "maintaining an adventurous quality."

The game star's the titular Professor Layton's daughter, Katrielle "Kat" Layton, and will be released on both Nintendo 3DS and iOS/android devices.

Source: Level-5 [http://level5ia.com/news/new-titles-announced-at-%E2%80%9Clevel-5-vision-2016-new-heroes%E2%80%9D-event/]

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
I can't summon any enthusiasm at this point. I hated, hated, the last two Professor Layton games. I adored the first three, but the prequels, especially Miracle Mask and Azran Legacy, just sucked all the goodwill I have for the series out, because the stories were so weak compared to the original trilogy.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Make sense seeing how the game is set in Britian. Other than that spin off with the son, has there been any other Layton game not release in the UK?

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Her hand...is massive!! It's bigger than her anime eyes and head! Also, how is a joyous dog utilising portals? I know we Brits are known for some questionable stuff, but dogs and portals? Too far, Layton. too far. What disposed Japaneseness doth thine eyes receive?? (Owww!... That was a terrible lineage of words to think out loud).

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Never actually finished the Last Phantom. So I decided to go back and play it. Only to find out that I don't know where it is.

I'm sad now.

Alfredo Jones

Jul 1, 2013
Glad to hear this. I was worried for a moment that they may pull an Ace Attorney Investigations 2 on us with this one. Now I'm hankering to go back and play through all the previous games again.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
erttheking said:
Never actually finished the Last Phantom. So I decided to go back and play it. Only to find out that I don't know where it is.

I'm sad now.
You aren't really missing much. Stick to the first three, that's where the good stuff is.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
Well it's the polite thing to do when you make a game taking place in London.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
09philj said:
erttheking said:

I'm sad now.
You aren't really missing much. Stick to the first three, that's where the good stuff is.
Too late. Already ordered a fresh copy over Amazon.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
erttheking said:
09philj said:
erttheking said:

I'm sad now.
That's...not really too late. Amazon let's you cancel.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Eri said:
erttheking said:
09philj said:
erttheking said:

I'm sad now.
That's...not really too late. Amazon let's you cancel.
True, but I enjoyed the little time I had with the game and I really do want a copy again.