Lament For The Fallen (Banned)

Bernzz

Assumed Lurker
Legacy
Mar 27, 2009
Country
Australia
Daystar Clarion said:
I think you guys grossly overestimate my importance to this place.
Not your importance to this place, but your importance to us. You're hilarious, a familiar face (Wolf. Dog. God. Thing.) and I've agreed with every single post of yours I've seen. :p

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
anthony87 said:
All the ladies love Gilgamesh, they're just too intimidated by his Excalibur.
But it's actually just a cheap replica, see...
Daystar Clarion said:
I don't think you can handle such power.
Wha...I can...you don't know...I'll...you...SHUT UP!

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Redlin, you know your way around this forum, so let me ask you: what did happen to Furburt? I remember that guy.

Also, OynxOblivion, the guy who had the hypnotoad as his avatar for the longest time? Did both of them get banned?

Anyway, its quite sad to see how quickly members are forgotten.
Furburt was banned a while ago dude. Infractions just ended up stacking up and he was just banned.

Onyx just stopped coming to the site. He isn't banned, just tired of the site.

RoonMian

Mar 5, 2011
The only banned person I ever had a run-in with was Boudica. She said that Hitler was actually a great guy who just got a bad shake from history. That kinda told me everything about her I needed to know.

The only time I dipped my feet into R&P I got told by someone that I "had my head stuck in my ass" because the guy who told me that had little reading comprehension.

Or the one time when someone from another country argued about the influence of a certain newspaper in my country and when I said I didn't want to argue with someone about something the other person has no clue at all about he got off the rails completely and accused me of being an elitist who thinks he's the smartest person on earth etc.

So while a lot of people in this thread are arguing that the rules are too strict or enforced too harshly in my opinion they still don't make this forum a nice place to be.

Dec 14, 2009
Bernzz said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Not your importance to this place, but your importance to us. You're hilarious, a familiar face (Wolf. Dog. God. Thing.) and I've agreed with every single post of yours I've seen. :p
While I appreciate the sentiment, I could leave tomorrow and after a week or two it would be like I was never here.

excalipoor said:
Wha...I can...you don't know...I'll...you...SHUT UP!
Yes, yeeeees, let the butthurt flow through you >:D

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Desert Punk said:
I think you forgot Kumorikun or howhever his name was spelled, I didnt like him in the slightest (had a good laugh when he got banned) but he was notable.
Katatori kun? Him?

I always enjoyed his posts, always demanding evidence then citing it as improper or not enough. Oh, the memories.

OT: I confess many of those names are probably well before my time. I've been a lurker for years, but only joined last fall. Hammeroj I remember, it seemed his sole purpose was to drop the hammer on anyone who dared question the supremacy of PC to console.

To be honest, I wish the ban hammer would fall on people posting stuff dripping with sarcasm. Perhaps its just me, but I feel those are the posts that incite flame wars. Oh well.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I remember four of those. Two I'm sad about, one I'm conflicted about. One I'm actually glad about because they annoyed me.

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
maddawg IAJI said:
Onyx just stopped coming to the site. He isn't banned, just tired of the site.
So he could handle 1000 hours in vanilla Oblivion but not 1000 hours on the Escapist? That is fucking weird.

Jokes aside, sad to hear that. I always enjoyed his posts. I think I was still lurking back when he was active though, not sure if he was still posting when I made this account.
Frank is the most hardcore gamer I know dude. We're talking about a guy who sinks a large portion of his time into beating (and completing close to 100%) almost every game that interested him, no exceptions on quality. (I still hate him for suggesting I buy Duke Nukem Forever for five dollars)

If you have a twitter, I would suggest looking for him on there. He's a great guy and he's pretty active there.

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
Freezy_Breezy said:
No Demented Teddy? That guy was a freak.

Also MaxTheReaper. What a funny ****.

And PirateKitty. Oh well, no lament here.
I'm a few and far between poster and even I remember Demented Teddy- and yes, he was. MaxTheReaper was one of the first "forum celebrities" I remember when I joined. Oh well.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Zen Toombs said:
Keoul said:
the only thing I really noticed about Vault was their poor spelling and grammar, funny chap. The others I never really encountered.

Wonder if Daystar would ever get the ban, now that would be a national tragedy.
Yeah, that always bugged me a bit about her. But we always had fun conversations.

And if Daystar ever got banned then half the forum would probably go up in smoke.
Bernzz said:
I notice a lack of MaxTheReaper on that list. He was mighty prolific back when I joined.

I kinda miss Vault101's grammatically awful posts, but only kinda. She was alright.

Daystar Clarion said:
If the mods ban you, they basically have a revolution on their hands.

[sub][sub]Which I shall be a part of...[/sub][/sub]
I think they just mean there'd be a Brovengers uprising or something that, realistically, could be quelled swiftly by the mods. I don't think I've ever even seen you warned for anything so it's not like you're going anywhere.

Dec 14, 2009
SkarKrow said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Zen Toombs said:
Keoul said:
the only thing I really noticed about Vault was their poor spelling and grammar, funny chap. The others I never really encountered.

Yeah, that always bugged me a bit about her. But we always had fun conversations.

And if Daystar ever got banned then half the forum would probably go up in smoke.
Bernzz said:
I notice a lack of MaxTheReaper on that list. He was mighty prolific back when I joined.

I kinda miss Vault101's grammatically awful posts, but only kinda. She was alright.

Daystar Clarion said:

I think they just mean there'd be a Brovengers uprising or something that, realistically, could be quelled swiftly by the mods. I don't think I've ever even seen you warned for anything so it's not like you're going anywhere.
Not even that, because if I got banned, I would have deserved it, and the Bros would understand that.

People don't get banned for no reason.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Cheesepower5 said:
There sure are a lot of T-words on this forum. Heaven forbid we ever have a Transvestite/transsexual user making a troll topic about torrenting DVDs.

Such a thread would be decidedly an interesting affair, most likely a very whimsical one and totally not a flamewar in a minefield.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
SkarKrow said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Zen Toombs said:
Keoul said:

Bernzz said:

Daystar Clarion said:

Not even that, because if I got banned, I would have deserved it, and the Bros would understand that.

People don't get banned for no reason.
True that, I think people misunderstand that continued breaking of the rules is something you control and if you get banned you probably earned it. Being agressive and unpleasant is a fast track to the banhammer to say the least, being more the clown is a safer bet because you don't end up getting reported for being a dick.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Keoul said:
Soviet Heavy said:
Not surprising. Whenever you see a long term or high post count member get banned, it's usually for an accumulation of small infractions, until one just tips things over.

I'm just off a two week suspension for calling a man a twerp while parodying a snooty theater goer.
It seems kinda weird how the system works...
Normally a business would embrace long time members giving them benefits and such but on the escapist, the longer you stay the higher the chance you'll get perma-banned...

The small infractions are really quite brutal.
The longer you stay on The Escapist and continue to engage in bad behavior, the more likely you are to get permabanned is more accurate.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Ishal said:
Desert Punk said:
I think you forgot Kumorikun or howhever his name was spelled, I didnt like him in the slightest (had a good laugh when he got banned) but he was notable.
Katatori kun? Him?

I always enjoyed his posts, always demanding evidence then citing it as improper or not enough. Oh, the memories.
He got banned? Aww, I liked him. Had a few decent conversation with him anyway; and in my head he was Kelsey Grammer. Wouldn't be surprised if it was R & P that got him though.

Ishal

Oct 30, 2012
Pink Gregory said:
Ishal said:
Desert Punk said:
Katatori kun? Him?

He got banned? Aww, I liked him. Had a few decent conversation with him anyway; and in my head he was Kelsey Grammer. Wouldn't be surprised if it was R & P that got him though.
I've ventured in there a few times, but I never post there. Actually... I might have posted once or twice, but yeah... learned my lesson.

Katatori was ... eh.. I'm sure he was a nice person, but I tend to dislike ascerbic/sarcastic people who feels its necessary to be sarcastic and caustic when arguing. Not saying I don't fall prey to that myself, but I always try not to.

Come to think about it I got that vibe too, Kelsey Grammar... hah.

Gunsmith Kitten was another one who bit the dust for attacking Japan/Japanese Culture... actually that was a moment where Katatori came in and dropped the hammer since he apparently lived there for a while. Gunsmith's ban was inevitable, she would always wander into threads that annoyed her and made her angry like pony threads and PC master race threads. Thats the one thing I don't get about some people on these forums. Seems like the go looking for trouble.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Ooo ooo don't forget indigo dingo!

that guy was hilarious.

I always thought "fanboi's" were a myth until I met indigo dingo, describing why shooting gas cylindars and seeing them leak is the sole reason that killzone number is the greatest game in history and the only system worth discussing is the Play Station Three.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Redlin, you know your way around this forum, so let me ask you: what did happen to Furburt? I remember that guy.
If I remember correctly, he went the way of most loud regulars who had a following. The death of a thousand cuts. He never did one big bad thing but he overstepped his bounds one too many times and was permabanned as a result.

Also, OynxOblivion, the guy who had the hypnotoad as his avatar for the longest time? Did both of them get banned?
I don't think he was banned, more like he just stopped engaging in the community. I do remember him being a very, very active regular when I first got involved here.

Anyway, its quite sad to see how quickly members are forgotten.
Not so much sad as inevitable really. Fact of the matter is, you're only as known as you are visible. The longer the breaks you take from the site (enforced by the mods or not), the more people who join who have never heard of you. Eventually your "fans" tend to move on and stop mentioning your name and that's when your face is forgotten.

I'm not going anywhere but I have observed this for myself. When I go into Forum Games and stay out of Off Topic for long periods of time, I get odd looks when I pop back into OT. I have a few quotes in my inbox that are basically "Who are you, how'd you get so many posts and why have I never seen you before?".

It's just a fact of Forum Life I suppose.