Lance Henriksen to Star in Aliens vs. Predator

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Lance Henriksen to Star in Aliens vs. Predator

In the new Aliens vs. Predator game, Lance Henriksen is confirmed to reprise his role from the AvP movie as a descendant named Karl Bishop Weyland.

Screw Sigourney Weaver, Lance Henriksen is the real face of the Aliens franchise. Henriksen played the android Bishop [He prefers the term "artificial person," himself. -Ed.] in Aliens and Alien 3, as well as the founder of the Weyland-Yutani Corporation, Charles Bishop Weyland, in the Aliens vs. Predator movie. Sega announced today that Henriksen will appear in the upcoming AvP being developed by Rebellion Games the UK, lending both his likeness and vocal talents to the performance. He will play a scion of the Weyland family, Karl Bishop Weyland, but no other details are available on what his agenda will be in the game. AvP is slated for a February 2010 release on the PS3, 360 and PC platforms.

"They've made me look very good," said Henriksen. "This is the first time I've been fully represented in a game, with my voice and how I look, and the Rebellion guys have done a great job. I might score from this game!"

Dude, you don't need this game to score. You're freaking Bishop. I mean if you clean up all the milky crap coming out of your android mouth, and maybe lose 20 years off your haggard visage, I'm sure there are, I don't know, maybe 1 or 2 ladies out there who'd like to go out with you. Maybe?

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Bishop is going to knife you man... and miss... one million times in one second... and you will die from a heart-attack brought on by awesomeness!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
MaxChaos said:
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Oh my god YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I am so happy he is coming into it!!!

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
The horse is dead damn it! There aren't even any giblets left! You maniacs!

After two attempts, no one has been able to produce a widely entertaining AvP script, with the most recent being the most heinous. My expectations for a game are somewhere between "very poor" and "fetal position".

(Although for the record, the old 1994 arcade game Alien Vs Predator by Capcom was in my opinion, a near perfect embodiment of the title that so many have tried (and failed) to grasp)

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Damn it all, I'm trying to save money here! Stop showing me compelling reasons to buy brand new games the moment they are released!

Seriously though, that's awesome news.

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
I wonder how much he gets payed to do these voices and appearances in games, anyway being a fan of both the Aliens and Predator series including the crossovers and a fan of Lance himself this is good see.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I would love to post a picture showing how awesome this is but my internet is lagging.

OT: I really want this to be a lower-rated game. I really want this game not to be R rated. Hopefully a gore filter will present it self? Maybe I can convince my parents that this game is a must have. Man....

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
The3rdEye said:

After two attempts, no one has been able to produce a widely entertaining AvP script, with the most recent being the most heinous. My expectations for a game are somewhere between "very poor" and "fetal position".

(Although for the record, the old 1994 arcade game Alien Vs Predator by Capcom was in my opinion, a near perfect embodiment of the title that so many have tried (and failed) to grasp)
You speak as one who is maybe unaware of the SUPERB AvP game already released for the PC (not to mention its almost superior sequel)... could this be the case?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
The3rdEye said:

Seriously, don't set your expectations for this game to be anywhere near relating to the AvP movies. As history has shown us time and time again: Games based off movies =/= the movies themselves. The movies are cheesecrap, the games so much better, and this one has even better potential than before.
HUBILUB said:
Bishop is going to knife you man... and miss... one million times in one second... and you will die from a heart-attack brought on by awesomeness!
That would be Bishop the android. Bishop the human carries the same attitude, but I wont be letting him near my hand anytime soon.....

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Hey now, the first AVP FPS was pretty good...never played the second but it stands to reason that was good too.

The3rdEye

Mar 19, 2009
MaxChaos said:
The3rdEye said:
You speak as one who is maybe unaware of the SUPERB AvP game already released for the PC (not to mention its almost superior sequel)... could this be the case?
I had played the first one while I was in college, although stated that way I would be interested to hear your take on the '94 game. As far as the PC version, it certainly had some interesting (and more importantly faithful) concepts, like the different modes of vision available to each species which was incredibly fun, but in the end it didn't really sell itself as the deadly three-way crossover that I had hoped it would be. Part of that is due largely with the fact that, since it was an FPS, you never really saw all three sides fighting it out. I would argue that it could have just as easily been a Doom sequel, with the models swapped around. Offworld scientists and security forces for marines, zombies and imps for the aliens and the larger cyber demons for the preds, with FF turned ON for the AI for once. Maybe it was just a shortcoming of the technology, I can own that and at the same time entertain dreams that the current gen of systems will lead to what will be known as the common place occurrence of over three-dozen aliens encroaching upon a handful of entrenched marines while a hunting cadre of three predators observes in the wings.

In some ways the '99 version came close, but in the end imo the '94 cabinet just did things better. And when you consider that there were EIGHT games all carrying the AvP title, even if you include the PC and arcade versions, that's less than half of those games that are worth writing the colonies about. If you shoot enough times you're bound to hit something.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
The3rdEye said:
MaxChaos said:
The3rdEye said:
*further snippage*
You know what? I've never thought of it like that. The fact that I could play as all these cool characters from franchises I love so dearly (I cannot overstate my love for the Aliens film. It is beneath only Star Wars to me) perhaps clouded my judgement of the base premise. And you are, of course, dead on the money when you say that the PC games did not take advantage of the concept of the gruesome threesome duking it out. It was more Alien AND Predator.

I'm not going to pretend that I've played the arcade game RECENTLY... in fact, the last time I played it was well over 5 or 6 years ago. I certainly did enjoy it though. Maybe it's due a download on an emulator for me...

I think, ultimately, I would have been happy with any game that accurately represents the Aliens atmosphere/pseudo-universe (LV. 426 never had Predators), but I can definitely see where what would have appeased me would be a disappointment for you. And now, thanks to your description, it would be a disappointment we'd share.

EDIT: apologies for the tl;dr.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
Dude, you don't need this game to score. You're freaking Bishop. I mean if you clean up all the milky crap coming out of your android mouth, and maybe lose 20 years off your haggard visage, I'm sure there are, I don't know, maybe 1 or 2 ladies out there who'd like to go out with you. Maybe?
He's married

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Lance is in the game? Man I freakin loved him as Bishop, along with Signourney he was my favourite thing about the Alien franchise. This game just keeps sounding cooler every day. Again I curse the Australian government for denying me the right to play this game. You know it isn't the games that cause people to become dangerous and psychotic, it's taking them away from us.