Largest Boss in gamin

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
CombiBlood said:
No Shadow of the Colossus? I would say the large sky snake with the air sacks.
I'm surprised it took 15 posts for somebody to mention Shadow of the Colossus, considering the topic. It's like this thread was made for this game.

Ninjafire72

Feb 27, 2011
God Of War 3 with the titans. An enemy who's so big that you never see their whole body on screen is pretty big to me. And the god-thing in Devil May Cry 4.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
I think there was a boss in Transformers for the PS2, the level takes place inside the deceptacon which is disguised as a big Military Sea Cruiser and then it transforms as the boss of the level and you have to fly about to not get hit.

It was a pretty poor boss fight but it was very big considering it was a real time boss fight within a wide open not linear level.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
Quadraxis was pretty tough, although he got much easier with each playthrough. And he's also considered to be the largest Metroid boss which included Helios in humanoid form.

Slenn

Cosplaying Nuclear Physicist
Nov 19, 2009
teebeeohh said:
planet from alpha centauri. The boss fight starts at the beginning of the game and you only know that you fight the boss about half way in. and the whole game takes place on the surface of the boss.
Huh... I played through that game, and I didn't even consider it when I made my post. Although, defeating Planet by transmitting all that data doesn't really end the game, and you don't actively "fight" him throughout the game with the exception of the mind worms. I would call him a quasi-boss, if only because Planet is quite literally a boss of an alien network.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
believer258 said:
The Asura's Wrath guy looks pretty big.

Isn't there a planet sized character in Transformer's? And wasn't he in one of the old Transformer's video games? Yeah, that guy. I think he ate planets or something.

Killsnip Engage
Yeah, I believe you're thinking of Unicron. Dunno if he was in any of the older games because I never played them, but if he was then that'd be my vote even with that Asura's Wrath guy. We don't know if he'll actually be a boss in the game and Unicron is almost the same size, really.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
The largest boss in a game that is currently out is easily Raviente in Monster Hunter Frontier.

Hers a video. Notice that he surrounds the hunting party.

For upcoming games, you guessed it...

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Have you seen the trailer for Asura's Wrath?

he sure seems angry.

welp...

erm...
giygas from earthbound? i don't really know how big he was, but he became like, all evil in the universe or something.

yeah, scale is sort of difficult comprehend for him...

cthulhumythos

Aug 28, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
believer258 said:
The Asura's Wrath guy looks pretty big.

Isn't there a planet sized character in Transformer's? And wasn't he in one of the old Transformer's video games? Yeah, that guy. I think he ate planets or something.

Killsnip Engage
Yeah, I believe you're thinking of Unicron. Dunno if he was in any of the older games because I never played them, but if he was then that'd be my vote even with that Asura's Wrath guy. We don't know if he'll actually be a boss in the game and Unicron is almost the same size, really.
and unicron turns into a planet that eats other planets. so awesome.

RYjet911

May 11, 2008
Gorilla Gunk said:
The bosses in Lost Planet 2 were pretty big.

And isn't there a huge boss in one of the FF games that has like, a million HP?
There's Sin from FFX if that's what you're thinking of. Devours entire cities from what I remember.

The_Echo

Mar 18, 2009
I'm going to go with that thing from the Asura's Wrath trailer.

Alternatively, the final boss from the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann DS game. I don't know how far into the story it follows. But if it gets all the way to the end, the final boss should be the biggest in any game ever.

I can't seem to find a measurement, but for reference, its rival (the protagonist) is over 10 million light years tall at that point. I think it also wins for strongest boss, but I won't say why for spoiler reasons.

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
A big wow boss
Al Akir hes huge in phase three
deathwing's is suppose to be bigger but hes not a boss yet