Last 3 Movies

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
Stalker(1979) Had to watch this after the game trilogy. Beautiful.

The Adventures of Mark Twain(1985) Clay animation. Interesting.

Ghost in the Shell(1995) Cyberpunk anime. The original Matrix heavily borrows from this film.

Gabanuka

Oct 1, 2009
That Guy Who Phails said:
Gabanuka said:
That Guy Who Phails said:
Gabanuka said:
The Matrix
Let me guess, you watched it on ITV2 last night....
Nah I was watching the 6 hour family guy thing. I have it on DVD and I watched it on friday.
You watched ALL of those Fam Guy Episodes?!

o.0
Yeh I had some friends round and ate my body weight in popcorn. It was pretty fun.

CheckD3

Dec 9, 2009
Rocky Horror Picture Show-Sweet Transvestites, rock n' roll and crazy folks like me running their underwear

Little Miss Sunshine-Horton Hears a Who's Whoville (Steve Carell talking with a emo looking teenage boy)

Tip Toes-Gary Oldman in "the role of the lifetime", thinking 'When is this over?!'

Ignatz_Zwakh

Sep 3, 2010
Fantastic Mr. Fox - Truly fantastic. Beautiful, like most films Anderson's made.

Black Death - An unfortunately plodding film with no clear direction. Some fun performances (Sean Bean) in particular, but an overall mediocre experience.

Il Boss - A Italian mafia film from the 70's with a body-count that almost hits the triple-digits. Henry Silva plays possibly the most badass hitman I've ever seen in ANY movie.

i love headcrabs

Apr 25, 2011
tron legacy: i thought it was good. it had good visuals and i liked the story and the score was done by daft punk :D

dr.strangelove: one of the best movies of chinema history good acting funny sences and the best part the image that will be stuck my head forever will be major kong riding the nuke one of my favourite movies

dariy of a whimpy kid: the wrost movie i ever seen only watched because i was on a plane.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY7tC2HpnFcoyx0eF39UC2c5UOkcQZEF2z1LXIp-_iWVdvfR1N

ride that nuke :D

DasUberCow

May 26, 2009
Sparrow said:
3. Rewatched 500 Days of Summer, for the fifth or sixth time. Still love it to bits.
Who's Lars from Norway? He's some guy she met at the gym with Brad Pitt's face and Jesus' abs.

My three films :

? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Okay, it's a decent film, but i found Harry's acting a bit cheesy in this one, and logical fallacies.
? Lät Den Retta Komma Inn - Original Swedish version of Let The Right One In. Top 10 films ever for sure. Amazingly made.
? Malwecorn - Amazing documentary. Look it up.

Caligulove

Sep 25, 2008
The Sting - one of those films I've always heard of but never seen. Fantastic, btw

Slither - I miss creature-feature horror films, and this nailed it, with fantastic gore. Plus Nathan Fillion!

Easy A - Much better than I thought it would be. Stanley Tucci and Thomas Hayden Church are hilarious, Emma Stone is adorable and surprised to see that Amanda Bynes is still alive

mikev7.0

Jan 25, 2011
SlasherX said:
So Escapist Members, here's the deal we say the last 3 movies we have watched, give a short concise review, and thats the whole thing. Understand.

Thor-Balls mod anger balls, besides that it was pretty good and I liked it

Hobo With A Shotgun- Greatest B-Movie of all time, OF ALL TIME

Defendor- Pretty good, worse than Kick-Ass, better than Super.
Thor - Loved it, it's an awesome movie and lot's of fun for a friday evening out.

Eddie Izzard, Definite Article - What more needs to be said really? It was hillarious, I especially loved the physicists using chalets as ski ramps bit.

Tron: Legacy - I may be the only person but I totally love this movie. I'm not artist, nor am I a critic but I know what I think is fun, and that's fun! (and seriously stop sweating the end of the movie, I repeat, you cannot derez a user!)

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
The Sweet Smell Of Success -classic critique of the loneliness of celebrity culture, beautifully shot by James Wong Howe.

Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives -mesmerising yet inconsistent Thai fable.

The Color Purple -formally brilliant and moving character study.

onewheeled

Aug 4, 2009
Oh Jesus, I don't even know if I remember the LAST film I watched... Oh well, let's try this.

Inception - Watched it for the first time a little while back, LOVED it, now have a new favorite movie somewhere in my top 5.

Speed - Awesome movie, kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

The Room - Just... lol. I watched the censored version on Adult Swim, and during the three gratuitous sex scenes in the first half hour of the film, almost the entire screen was covered by a black box, with the only thing you hear being moans and "oh yeaaaah... ugh..." kind of stuff. Great film to watch with your dad!

DefinitelyPsychotic

Apr 21, 2011
He Walked By Night - 1940s American Detective film. Really good for its time.

Life Is Hot in Cracktown - 2009 Crime Drama film based in NYC. It was pretty good.

The Crazies - 2010 remake of the same name, about zombies. Really good.

Ashcrexl

May 27, 2009
Boys Don't Cry-pretty fun first act, followed by a fucking hard to watch second and third act (8/10)
The Fighter-pretty much like stallone's Rocky, but with wahlberg and bale actually being awesome actors (8.5/10)
Insomnia-the last Nolan movie i had left to watch. it was also a bit uncomfortable to watch, but done entirely through atmosphere and al pacino's signature hardboiled style (8.5/10)

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
Thor: Just saw this last night in 'real 3D' in the cinema. Very entertaining and the action scenes were pretty cool. I count it as one of the best Marvel comic movies released yet.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1: Second time seeing this movie. Pretty faithful adaptation of the source material and a good build-up of what's to come in the last movie.
Banlieue 13: Probably my 5th or 6th time watching this awesome French movie starring one of the founders of parkour. The story is pretty 'meh' but it's a great action movie. Here's one of the scenes, for those whom have not had the pleasure of ever watching it:

Erja_Perttu

May 6, 2009
A Serbian Film: OH GOD MY FUCKING EYES! MY BRAIN! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Back to the Future: That's better. This movie is so good, well produced/scripted/acted/paced I could watch it over and over.

Thor: Shiny and fun, good movie when not watched in 3D. I'd easily watch it again.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Inception that was a good movie
Gundam F91- I think it was a good movie
Ghost In The Shell (1995 ver.) HOLY CRAP WATCH THIS!!!!

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
Source Code - Science so soft you can spread it on a piece of bread, but I enjoyed it.

Serenity - More or less wrapped up Firefly, which is an admirable accomplishment.

True Grit - For me, it was like watching someone play Red Dead Redemption. Not a bad movie, but not my taste.

Matthew Wilson

Apr 27, 2010
Thor - Much lighter in tone than Iron Man and some pretty funny scenes. 8/10

Hanna - Slow to start but picks up after 15 minutes, good acting on Hanna's part. 9/10

Four Lions - Funny, satarical, tragic, great. The final ten minutes are a bummer. 9/10