Last series/film that made you cry

kittii-chan 300

Feb 27, 2011
at the end of Code Geass R2. from both sadness and happiness. better ending than Elfen Lied even...
how did they make such a funny abridgement of such a depressing show?

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Saltyk said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Saltyk said:
Does crying from laughing count? Because I'm pretty sure I shed a few tears laughing at some of the recent Abridged episodes. Like TFS Lord Slug and Hellsing Ultimate Abridged episode 2 and Little Kuriboh's Yugioh Bonds Beyond Time Abridged movie.

Honestly, I don't think I cry that easily from anything. Though I have felt like it during a few scenes of certain movies and such. But never full on tears running down my face.
I was crying from laughter from Hellsing Ultimate Abridged episode 2 also, I had to pause it a few times because of it.

OT: I don't really cry that easily, and I think the last time I teared up from something was Never Let You Go, great film and the ending was just so damn depressing.
Luke: You must be the great Alucard.
Alucard: Sup?
Luke: I've heard quite a lot about you.
Alucard: Oh really?
Luke: The night walker who glides through oceans of blood. Beyond human. A monster who's power radiates with a darkness that casts a shadow on darkness itself.
Alucard: Oh, you dirty *****. Work the shaft.
Luke: Excuse you?
Alucard: Oh, I'm sorry. I like to dirty talk when someones sucking my dick.
Luke: Perhaps I should just skip to my point. My name is Luke Valentine.
Alucard: And I'm Carmen Santiago. Guess where I am.
Luke: I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you here.
Alucard: Oh. So am I. And I'm failing. And I'm sorry for that. It's just that I'm so agitated. Because this blond shit strolled into my room. Destroyed my 70 inch plasma TV! And is trying to impress me like I'm his alcoholic father.
*Each pulls out guns and points them at each others heads*
Alucard: Be a sport and grab Daddy another beer, would you.

I think I officially lost it at that part. Yeah, I had to pause it.
Oh god yes! And then when I collected myself I moved the curser back and watched that part again.

That, and ***** I EAT PEOPLE!!
Bitches love cannons!
I've watched it from start to finish a good 4 times, now. I still laugh at the guy in communications. Yes, I am evil and I feel bad about it. And just any time Integra and Alucard talk to each other, it is funny.

"Oh, what are you going to do? Grab that guy that can stop me? What was his name? Micheal McDoesn't Exist."

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
Kalashnikov2092 said:
For me, it was definitely the end of the Vincent Van Gogh episode of Doctor Who. Damn is that a good episode with a lot of emotion.
I was crying like a sissy little girl at that part. It's so weird, because they're all actors, but at the same time, it just felt so real, and I couldn't help but cry at it.

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
ShadowDude112 said:
I've been watching Scrubs on Netflix. It's powerful stuff, man.
Agreed! The one where the guy has leukemia (people who watch it will know who I'm talking about) makes me cry so much :'(
I can't remember the last time I cried, but that's not to say I don't - it's just not really a massive deal when I do so I don't remember. Probably at Scrubs haha :p

SckizoBoy

Ineptly Chaotic
Legacy
Jan 6, 2011
A Hermit's Cave
kittii-chan 300 said:
at the end of Code Geass R2. from both sadness and happiness. better ending than Elfen Lied even...
Wait wait...! What? They abridged R2's ending? When did that happen?

On second thought, do I want to know about it?

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Saltyk said:
Fiz_The_Toaster said:
Saltyk said:
Oh god yes! And then when I collected myself I moved the curser back and watched that part again.

That, and ***** I EAT PEOPLE!!
Bitches love cannons!
I've watched it from start to finish a good 4 times, now. I still laugh at the guy in communications. Yes, I am evil and I feel bad about it. And just any time Integra and Alucard talk to each other, it is funny.

"Oh, what are you going to do? Grab that guy that can stop me? What was his name? Micheal McDoesn't Exist."
Oh good, I'm not the only one laughing at that then, it's horrible, but hilarious at the same time. I think I've watched it a good 3 times now...? Now I have to watch it again.

Integra: I heard George Lucas, who else heard George Lucus?
Walter: I heard Miami Heat.
Seras: I heard the Motley Crue with my vampire hearin'

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Someone has to say this, it may as well be me...
The Transformers movies, the mere fact that they keep getting green-lit and released makes me cry for the film industry.

NinjaDuckie

Sep 9, 2009
Lerasai said:
Just the other day I was watching a rerun of Futurama and ended up crying. It was the episode where Bender finds out he lacks the back-up drive that makes every other robot essentially immortal and goes on a manhunt for the inspector who approved him on the assembly line. No matter how many times I watch it the ending always effects me.
The episode Jurassic Bark really got to me the first time and continued to get to me every other time. Likewise, in Inception when Fischer goes to his father's safe in the fortress and retrieves the paper windmill just as his father dies right there...

I'm welling up with tears just typing the goddamn scene.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
Clannad after story was the last one.
In fact, make that the only one.

Fucking field/train scene.

kittii-chan 300

Feb 27, 2011
SckizoBoy said:
kittii-chan 300 said:
Wait wait...! What? They abridged R2's ending? When did that happen?

On second thought, do I want to know about it?
no they abridged the series. Code MENT is awesome.

Jan 27, 2011
I have never actually cried for any form of media (books, games, movies, etc)

HOWEVER!

The ending of Toy Story 3 brought me close. ....It was really touching.

Dan Comber

Jul 21, 2011
I'm going to sacrifice my masculinity and say My Little Pony S2E2 where Twilight starts crying.

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
i've seen Bicentennial Man twice and both time i cried.
I watched Wolf's Rain and i think i cried 3 times during 1 episode. SURE the series was full of plot holes but I didn't let that get in the way

Insobriety

Jun 1, 2011
Marter said:
I watched Saving Private Ryan yesterday.

That made me tear up at the end.
I have seen that movie more times than I can count but I always start crying at "Earn it" - Epic movie.

I guess I'm a sensitive kinda guy but I cry at loads of stuff. Last TV show I cried at was the latest episode of Homeland (If you haven't seen it, you probably should) during a conversation between soldiers about how it's wrong to be a posterboy to recruit people to be sent to war.

Lerasai

Aug 14, 2010
NinjaDuckie said:
The episode Jurassic Bark really got to me the first time and continued to get to me every other time. Likewise, in Inception when Fischer goes to his father's safe in the fortress and retrieves the paper windmill just as his father dies right there...

I'm welling up with tears just typing the goddamn scene.
Oh, I can't even watch Jurassic Bark anymore. My heart just breaks every time.

I notice that something that scenes like this have in common is that there isn't usually much (if any) dialogue in them. It's amazing how with only music and imagery people can so deeply understand a tragic situation that they are moved to tears.

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
n00beffect said:
I know this might be a bit cliche, but Schindler's List. Just watched it recently, cried my ass out on that one.
I have to say this one too. Especially the part where Oscar looks at his car and says "I should have saved more, how many could I have saved by selling the car. 11?" and his little nazi pin being worth one human life. :'Cried.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Princess Mononoke gets me every time (not really crying). Pan's Labyrinth and La Vie en Rose are also real downers.

Edit: Completely forgot about Spirited Away, the scene with Sen looking out of the train as it passes a "lost" girl on the adjacent platform.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
Lerasai said:
Just the other day I was watching a rerun of Futurama and ended up crying. It was the episode where Bender finds out he lacks the back-up drive that makes every other robot essentially immortal and goes on a manhunt for the inspector who approved him on the assembly line. No matter how many times I watch it the ending always effects me.
What about the episode with the dog? That one kills me.

General Grind

Oct 31, 2011
Only really cried once to any media, and it was the episode "The Son" of Friday Night Lights. Not the most tragic of tragedies, but the acting and writing is so damn good.

I have however, on later occasions, had tears of joy. Most notably when I first sat down to watch the first episode of Game of Thrones, which I had been waiting for for three years. Once the intro hit and I realized this was gonna be as great as I had hoped, I shed a few manly tears of nerd-love.

Last book that had me all glass-eyed was the ending of The Magician King by Lev Grossman.