Latest game you purchased and why?

Swat_Kat

Jun 1, 2009
For my part, I got Bioshock 1 and 2, because, hey it's one of the latest classics that one needs to play, and its praise must come from somewhere:) So far, I'm generally pleased by it, although I prefered the challenge offered by System Shock 2.

Good plot twist too.

intheweeds

Apr 6, 2011
I bought Hydrophobia on Steam last. It was on sale and sometimes if a game is under $3 i buy it just as a donation to the developer even if i hadn't planned on buying it before. It's like pocket change. I haven't played it yet, it didn't get great reviews, but I feel like at least they were trying and it looks nice. I can spare a few bucks so they can maybe keep trying.

tabriaswolfe

Jan 25, 2010
Dead Space 2, because I enjoyed the first one and wanted to know what happened next. And because it's a good game to play at night with the lights off.

Amplify

Aug 31, 2008
The AI war bundle pack on steam because really it's worth full price, but 85% off? Don't mind if I do!

vrbtny

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2009
Hydrophobia for £2.50 on steam summer sale.

'cos I heard all the patches and shit made it a decent game

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
The STALKER games. Because I have had a mild interest in them since I first heard of them and they were on sale.

Suijen

Apr 15, 2009
Bioshock 2. I gave Bioshock 1 a 9/10, so getting Bioshock 2 for $5 seemed like a reasonable decision.

I also purchased Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword because it was cheap at $3.75, and I'd give Warband a 10/10.

I also purchased Alpha Protocol, because it's $5 and because the premise seemed very intriguing, though I'm confused as to why Obsidian keeps releasing games in their beta modes.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Everyone said it's one of the best horror games ever, and I've been meaning to get it for a while now. It didn't disappoint (well the ending was a bit weird, but whatever).

Folksoul

May 15, 2010
Strange Journey for the DS because of the tvtropes laconic entry.
2001: A Space Oddesy, In Antarctica, In Hell, IN SPACE!
or as I like to call it. Pokemon meets Halo

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
Child of Eden, because it looked interesting and I'd been looking for another game to make use of my kinect

Mad1Cow

Jan 8, 2011
I can't actually remember I've bought that many in the Steam Sales I can't remember the last one I thought OOO I need to buy that. I'm just going to say the last one I played out of the new ones I've purchased:

DragonAge Origins: Ultimate Edition

So I can finally understand what all my RP friends love about this game.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. Why....because they added Treize, Trowa, and Duo to the game...reason enough for me