Latest game you purchased and why?

sabercrusader

Jul 18, 2009
Crackdown 2

I wanted a game for shits and giggles with my friends online, and I missed out on the first Crackdown and everyone told me it was a really good game.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
Blood Bowl Legendary Edition

Painkiller Pack

Steam sale all the way!

RuralGamer

Jan 1, 2011
Dawn of War 2 Retribution about a week after it came out; I've liked the series so far and so it was a natural move; I've enjoyed it, so mission accomplished THQ... So yeah, not had anything in a while, but nothing has caught my fancy recently.

King Toasty

Oct 2, 2010
ColdStorage said:
King Toasty said:
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, because everybody said it was amazing. I hated it.
Yeah me too!, I got Uncharted 2, apparently its a cinematic tour de force but heck if I know because I can't play the damn thing, not because it doesn't play, but because I don't like the feeling it instils within me.

The tutorial level makes me feel like a murderer, those poor guards, they might be binary but I'm pretty sure they have a wife and kids to go home too.
Yeah, they say the gameplay is fun. Really? Didn't know wave after wave of generic soldier/pirate/aboriginal was fun.

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
The Longest Journey on steam, mainly because I realised upon seeing it there I realised that I wanted to replay it but my copy of the disc is a couple of hundred miles away...

Shepard's Shadow

Don't be afraid of the dark.
Mar 27, 2009
Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition. I got it because I foolishly believed it wouldn't suck. And it does, all the time. There is nothing good about it.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
Frozen Synapse. Because it's fucking awesome and I've loved the whole idea of it since I heard of it.

Also it went on sale so my broke ass could afford it.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Trenched for 1200 points on the XBLA. Not a bad game, but it's too short for my tastes. Not bad for the money, some good comedy in it but the customizations are too few, again for my tastes.

kickassfrog

Jan 17, 2011

inFamous 2, because inFamous 1 was pretty cool.
Although the evil ending
where you kill zeke
is rather sad

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
infamous 2... because i'm a sucker for open world and infamous is one of the best of its kind