Latest game you purchased and why?

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
The Witcher 1 + 2, because I got really excited about the second game but wanted the complete story. Read some reviews of the Director's cut edition and thought I might as well pick it up.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Mount and Blade: Warbands. ((I got it when it came out. Moneys been tight so ive had to rent alot instead....))

I bought it for the shear awesome of massive army's clashing and killing each other. The combat is fun, and you can never go wrong with ruling your own kingdom!

Drakos.Amatras

Mar 23, 2011
Armored Core: For Answer (PS3). It was ~130 Kroner (~23 $)on Ebay. Really cheap, and it's got co-op campaign.

Aug 17, 2009
Well, I did just preorder Skyrim, and the reason I got that is because I find Todd Howard to be incredibly s... I mean I love The Elder Scrolls series.

The last game I payed for and actually got was Tropico 3. That game is all kinds of awesome.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max.
Because I wanted Street Fighter on the go.

Didn't think that precise little movements would be completely impossible with the PSP's little analog stick... pad... thingy.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, Batman Arkham Asylum, Darksiders, Grand Theft Auto (first through San Andreas (I only wanted the first two, but whatevz)), Just Cause 2, Assassin's Creed 1, 2 and Brotherhood and finally Torchlight.

Steam sales, anyone? I bet no one has mentioned it so far!

EDIT: Oh right, "and why". Well, they all have high entertainment value (albeit for different reasons), and they were all really cheap. Besides, I'm not poor.

Blemontea

May 25, 2010
Morrowind, Metro 2033, Amnesia the dark descent, Hydrophobia, Reccetear, Zen Bound 2. They were on Sale on STEAM and I finally got a computer that works, the whole pack cost me less than one standard game from gamestop!

Sep 14, 2009
Sims 3 (66% off? hell yeah, i always liked the sims but the new ones are still bloody expensive separately)

GTA IV GOTY edition, it was like 9 bucks i think? not bad, especially after seeing that new graphic update in the news content on this site, had to get it.

i'll see what else they put in the sales...but so far i've gotten like 9 games this time around, frickin christ steam are you trying to run me broke?!?

Sep 14, 2009
Mandalore_15 said:
The Witcher 1 + 2, because I got really excited about the second game but wanted the complete story. Read some reviews of the Director's cut edition and thought I might as well pick it up.
the first one is harder to get into at first, but once you understand the interface/initial story/how the mechanics work, and get a bit of the stories momentum, i think its a pretty fun game and a solid prequel to that amazing game that is the witcher 2

DOOM GUY

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone
Jul 3, 2010
Torchlight, because it was $2.99 on Steam, and before that, LA Noire, because it looked pretty good (and in my opinion it is pretty good)

dillinger88

Jan 6, 2010
Like probably many others in this thread I've been taking advantage (more like them taking advantage of me) of the steam summer sales. My list of bought games for the last few days are as follows:

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
AI War Bundle
Beat Hazard Complete
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Trine
Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money
Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts DLC
Torchlight
Might and Magic Heroes VI (preorder)
Magicka: Robe Bundle
Magicka: Frozen Lake
Magicka: Watchtower
Magicka: Final Frontier
Magicka: Nippon DLC
Magicka: Marshland
Magicka: Vietnam
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
BIT.TRIP.RUNNER

Most of them were under £2 but my wallet still hates me. Unfortunately I'm really unimpressed with what's been offered for sale today :(

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
Threads of Fate. Always wanted to play it as I'm a big fan of jrpgs and Square (much more in the olden days than now). Was recently added to PSN so I got it for 6 bucks.

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
Eye of the North expansion for Guild Wars.

I want my Hall of Monument points for GW2 rewards :D.

Flour

Mar 20, 2008
Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 bundle.

Steam sale, it wasn't that much more expensive than buying just one of them so I decided to get them both.

The only problem is that I have 140kb/sec download speed so it will take roughly 1,5 days to fully download them :(

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
Time Crisis Razing Storm. Only a tenner, and it also includes Time Crisis 4, which I fucking love

Kukakkau

Feb 9, 2008
Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands

Why? It was £5 in summer clearance sale and my xbox was looking lonely.

2 no serious days of play and it's 1000/1000 gamerscore with next to no effort and I'll likely never touch the game again

JBGigas

Dec 19, 2009
Trine for 4,99e (I<3Steam)
But before that, I bought The Legend of Zelda: OoT for 3DS, and the 3DS system itself. 45e for the game and 279e for the system.