Latest Ghost In The Shell Gets 8 Minute Video Reveal

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
This Motoko is too young and childish. I like the older Motoko who was an adult that was considered a superior to everyone at Section 9.

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
I really don't like the way Saito and Paz look in this version. I prefer their Stand Alone Complex looks.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
So is this supposed to be following the Stand Alone Complex chronology or the movie one?

Her hair says Stand Alone but the monolithic architecture says movies.

SacremPyrobolum

Dec 11, 2010
Ishigami said:
Not to mention that it makes no fucking sense to build a military grade cyborg that looks like a teen.
I thought that to but on reflection I think that it was a callback to the second movie with the gyroids.

It's also unnerving as fuck fighting a teenage girl in a leotard you found in a coffin.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
My main problem is that the animation looks too shiny.
It needs to use shadows more competently to create the masterpiece of atmosphere that was...well...all of GInS.

Other than that, the designs are...good.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
Really pleased with those 8 minutes. Very interested.

Quite a bit different in appearance to old Kusanagi, but change isn't a bad thing.

(On military combat cyborgs and the new Kusanagi looking like a kid. Wouldn't you want them to be as small and agile as possible, harder to shoot and capable of blending in as just kids, as opposed to dead give-away ultra-buff cybords. Just a thought).

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
SacremPyrobolum said:
Ishigami said:
Not to mention that it makes no fucking sense to build a military grade cyborg that looks like a teen.
I thought that to but on reflection I think that it was a callback to the second movie with the gyroids.

It's also unnerving as fuck fighting a teenage girl in a leotard you found in a coffin.
Someone clearly hasn't watched/read Gunslinger Girl.

And as for GITS, being a big crazy fan of the mangas, films, animes, video games, light novels, and etc, gotta say, I just might be a bit excited about this.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
DTWolfwood said:
They really love to start the show with 2 helicopters flying towards a distant city!

Didn't even realize they were making more GitS. Looking forward to this if they have the same voice cast, English and Japanese i'd be lovin' it. :sadface:

edit: holy hell why did they give Saito a mohawk? So its a prequel?
More like complete reboot. Production I.G. have already said this has nothing to do with Stand Alone Complex. Given some of the design choices they've made they could choose to tie it into the Oshii movies easily though.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wenseph said:
She looks like a child, and she's somehow the only one who looks like a child. Everyone else looks pretty much the same. The Major looks a lot better in the anime IMO. Although, she dresses better in this. I'm still looking forward to this, since I've seen the anime and the previous movies.
Since she is a full cyborg, she doesn't exactly age right? In saying so it must be weird for the team who age gradually (hair colour change) while she just get a body grade.

I'm not really too bother with the change of artstyle and the lore being alter, I'm just glad I got GITS back in my life (watching this preview make up my day especially my crappy time in work in these two days).

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
*Watches video*

Okay, I'm in. More please? When is this coming out in english?

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Stryc9 said:
DTWolfwood said:
They really love to start the show with 2 helicopters flying towards a distant city!

Didn't even realize they were making more GitS. Looking forward to this if they have the same voice cast, English and Japanese i'd be lovin' it. :sadface:

edit: holy hell why did they give Saito a mohawk? So its a prequel?
More like complete reboot. Production I.G. have already said this has nothing to do with Stand Alone Complex. Given some of the design choices they've made they could choose to tie it into the Oshii movies easily though.
fair enough but man i didn't mine Motoko's new look but Saito looking like that is jarring lol

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Yea, that's a bit odd. Then again the only time he's ever actually shown as opposed to just mentioned in passing is in SAC. Also, Microsoft has partnered with Production I.G. to put the Surface into Arise as product placement. Here's a quite wonderful commercial for the Surface and Arise.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Just a heads up for anyone about the continuity the year of this anime is set during 2027, two years before the formation of section 9 and 3 years after the original Laughing Man incident so it seems to be flowing well so far with what we've seen and what we will come to know.

http://ghostintheshell.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_Ghost_in_the_Shell

I am however digging the Major's new look along with the rest of the cast so this is probably going to be my main anime for this year after Attack in Titan.

Ishigami

Sep 1, 2011
Shadow-Phoenix said:
Just a heads up for anyone about the continuity the year of this anime is set during 2027, two years before the formation of section 9 and 3 years after the original Laughing Man incident so it seems to be flowing well so far with what we've seen and what we will come to know.

Except that Production I.G. themselves time and again said that Gits:SAC took place in alternative universe in which for example the events of the movies never occurred.
The time line therefore pretty much means nothing at all.
Don't drag those comic continuity discussions into Anime. We really don't need that.

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
Ishigami said:
Shadow-Phoenix said:

Except that Production I.G. themselves time and again said that Gits:SAC took place in alternative universe in which for example the events of the movies never occurred.
The time line therefore pretty much means nothing at all.
Don't drag those comic continuity discussions into Anime. We really don't need that.
I didn't even know they had come out to say that SAC was an alternate universe so that's something new.

I'm going to assume the "we really don't need that" as a form of warning?, because I can't recall the ES having a flamewar over an anime/manga timeline before.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
good. was wondering when new stuff of it comes out. i guess i will get the dvd much later if not the end of the year. australia always needs so long for things to arrive here.