Laurel Goes Full Vigilante on Arrow

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Laurel Goes Full Vigilante on Arrow

Oliver chases after Thea, Diggle chases after an A.R.G.U.S. agent, and Laurel chases her rage in an episode that could have largely been resolved with heartfelt phone calls.

Read Full Article

Belaam

Nov 27, 2009
Well, as for Laurel
as the boxer training her is Ted Grant (aka Wildcat), who was Black Canary's martial arts trainer in the comics. I'd pretty much call it a done deal that Laurel will be the next Black Canary. Unless they go full magic and someone tosses Sara in a Lazarus Pit

I'm curious as to where the villain arc is going this season, because as is, we do have a hero bloat vs. bad guys. Though we also really should see some improvement to "Star" City. They can only do so much damage to the place before it really is a lost cause.

ron1n

Jan 28, 2013
I'm starting to feel like the show is trying to stuff wayyy too many characters into every episode. Feeling too watered down as a result.

And the idea of Laurel actually being some kind of trained fighter is just too hilarious to take seriously.

I'm actually liking Thea's transformation though. Willa Holland is pulling it off pretty convincingly. Looking forward to the inevitable showdown with her brother.

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
One thing I really dont understand is how everyone just gets so damn good at everythin after such a short amount of trainin. Roy goes from street punk who can do a little parkour and can't remotely hit a target with his bow to badass flippy ninja that can bean someone from 50 feet away after a couple months? Thea goes from average teenager to a great swordsman after only 5 months? Its really ridiculous and bugs the hell out of me. Not enough to make me stop watchin, but definitely obnoxious.

I do echo that I'm curious where they're goin with this season. The first and second season didn't take too long to establish a season wide arc, even if they didn't spend all their time on said arc. This one doesn't seem to be really settin up anythin though. Ray Palmer seems shady and they outright state that A.R.G.U.S. is really shady, but we already knew that A.R.G.U.S. is really shady after the suicide squad episode and Ray Palmer is, well Ray Palmer. Its possible they're goin to just toss that out the window, but Arrow seems pretty set on keepin things related to canon.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
shintakie10 said:
One thing I really dont understand is how everyone just gets so damn good at everythin after such a short amount of trainin. Roy goes from street punk who can do a little parkour and can't remotely hit a target with his bow to badass flippy ninja that can bean someone from 50 feet away after a couple months? Thea goes from average teenager to a great swordsman after only 5 months? Its really ridiculous and bugs the hell out of me. Not enough to make me stop watchin, but definitely obnoxious.
It's not necessarily the duration of the training, but the intensity of the training.
Granted, it's not out of the question for the two of them to have been training 24/7. After all, while they're being backed by the Merlyn and Queen fortunes it's not like either of them needed to work a job at Starbucks and only get an hour of practice a day.

Though, just look at duration of Boot Camps, it only takes 3 months to turn some punk kid into a Marine.

Hiramas

Aug 31, 2010
Well, toss out the horrible subplot and give Thea some morgen of the "Island style" backflashes of her Training with Merlin and this would have been a much better episode.
Mostly I am that kind of Person that is really into immersion and if a Charakter is obnoxious and stupid I assume that is Who the are. That was I don't have too much a Problem with Bad acting and Laurels Art stays a bit Mode interesting, though i assume they will go for a big Fallout for her because of her replacement of Alkohol with punching things. THAT is aktuelle something i would expect from a Charakter like her.

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
Ugh, I really don't want Laurel to have a bigger part. Her actress is easily the weakest. It sounds so fake whenever she is trying to be dramatic.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
I gotta say, that guy she went after must've been made out of granite or something because no normal person shakes off a whack to the back of the head with a metal pole followed another shot like it was nothing. OK Laurel's obviously not very big in the strength department but still it doesn't take much for a POed person with a metal weapon like that to take a bigger target down, especially with the element of surprise and when they go straight for the head first. TV is TV I guess, but imo that part could've been done better and more realistically while telling the same story.