Lawyers Seek New Trial After Jury Tweets

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
I have a strong feeling that the one Juror will now be prosecuted in an entirely different trial for attempted corruption and interruption of another trial. The court system does not look kindly whatsoever to this sort of thing. If/when such a thing happens, please post up a related news article. It's either that that will happen or the Juror will be fined very heavily.

It will probably also heavily deter others, such as forum members here, from doing the same.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
Combined said:
Of course, we don't have juries here, so.
*Reads profile*
Lithuania doesn't have juries, intresting.

I guess that's not a bad thing to do, I'd perfer to be judged by the law insted of some guy joking over my fate.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I don't see the harm in some guy trying to pass the time during a boring court session. I would rather pay a 25 dollar fine than have to go to jury duty and listen to some snob lawyers talk for three hours.

I would most likely fall asleep during the process, wake up, vote guilty and then go home and play GTA IV.

Combined

Sep 13, 2008
Knight Templar said:
Combined said:
Of course, we don't have juries here, so.
*Reads profile*
Lithuania doesn't have juries, interesting.

I guess that's not a bad thing to do, I'd prefer to be judged by the law instead of some guy joking over my fate.
That's right. I strongly believe that it should come down to evidence, rather than personal opinions about a person. That could put innocent men in jail and guilty ones back onto the street. Justice must be done, regardless of what some people think.

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
If he had sense, he wouldn't have risked getting the guilty verdict thrown out. Throwing out things during the process which reveal a bias makes it hard to tell whether he came in with the bias or not; if they can cast enough doubt on that, it's trouble. It reminds me of "12 Angry Men", in which a guilty verdict was almost assured because the jury's prejudices and preconceptions had not been properly vetted.

Not to say I don't think the company should burn for the Ponzi scheme and that the verdict wasn't accurate, but a 12M case needs to be completely transparent and not overcast by questions.

soluto

Jan 29, 2009
Check out my CARTOON and post on this story.
http://www.pcdisorder.com/2009/03/trial-by-twitter.html