Layers of Fear Review - Art is the Struggle

Nick Monroe

Oct 8, 2015
Layers of Fear Review - Art is the Struggle

Layers of Fear makes story, gameplay, and atmosphere work together in harmony.

Read Full Article

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
I watched Markiplier play the demo of this game, and I have to say, it was extraordinarily detailed and varied for just a demo. And the game seriously does impart a sense of dread with every step you take forward, something so many "horror" games toss aside for cheap jumpscares.

The girl's bedroom, with the rotating lamp and the doll faces, seriously got to me.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Am definitely getting this game soon. From the no-commentary let's play of the early build, i decided to stop watching 10 minutes in for fear of spoiling it any further. Ok, the main voice actor sounded a little cheesy, over-acting his lines like a frustrated Vincent Price and there will be the people that assume the press kit sweetened the review process, or be too desensetised to horror to not care for the psychological aspect, but the attention to detail and thick atmosphere really show a great amount of care and love has been put into this. As a slightly broken minded user of paints myself, it may even work with establishing a stronger emotional link also. Good to see it is not a disappointment.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
have an eye on it but i still wait for it to be fully finished. steam still states it as "early access". im not not touching any early access titles until its fully finished.

Xyebane

Disembodied Floating Skull
Feb 28, 2009
Nick Monroe said:
Recommendation: People who like the setting in P.T. would love going through another reality defying house of spooky sights, but this is a must-see for psychological horror game fans.
What is P.T.?

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Xyebane said:
Nick Monroe said:
Recommendation: People who like the setting in P.T. would love going through another reality defying house of spooky sights, but this is a must-see for psychological horror game fans.
What is P.T.?
The "Playable Teaser" for Silent Hills, the now-cancelled game that Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro would've developed together.