Layton 7 Coming to Mobile and 3DS, Ditches The Professor

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Layton 7 Coming to Mobile and 3DS, Ditches The Professor

Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy[/I] last year, it specifically stated it would be the last Layton game to feature the Professor.

Japanese magazine Famitsu has released a handful of screenshots of the game's Android/iOS version, but other than that, details are pretty scarce.

Source: Tiny Cartridge [http://www.famitsu.com/news/201308/26038971.html]

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
So they made a new game but are cashing in on the Layton name? If it at least looked vaguely like a Layton game I'd probably not mind but it's completely different.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
I was already suspicious about that Layton Brothers game but at least it had its charming art direction and some inkling of semblance to its roots. Plus, detective games are freaking awesome (miles edgeworth 2, I will always miss you T_T). This one looks and feels like blatant cash in.

Though it does remind me a bit of the Mother games... hrm...

I guess I'll give it a chance but for fuck's sake, enough with the fukcing zombies already.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
So it's a Layton game, without Layton? Why not call it something different?

Most of the characters in that picture look like idiots.

The pictures make it look like there's only those 7 characters in the entire game.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
So this is basically if they made a cartoony platformer set in a snowy New York and called it Max Payne? Or if they made a minigame collection featuring rabbits and call it a Rayman game...

Oh wait, they actually did that second one.

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
While not wanting to be one of the 'They changed it now it sucks' brigade, i dont really see this as a very good direction for the series.....

Layton without Layton? reminds me of those Garfield without Garfield cartoons, though i doubt this will be as funny!

Ghonzor

Jul 29, 2009
Layton is part of why I play the Layton games. Without him, I don't see my interest in the series remaining.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
CriticalMiss said:
So they made a new game but are cashing in on the Layton name? If it at least looked vaguely like a Layton game I'd probably not mind but it's completely different.
I agree with this! That is crazy! Can it really be a Layton game if he isn't in it... Then again, I suppose they made an MGS which wasn't a Stealth 'em up and that worked... in a way!

We'll see! Doesn't look as good though... I liked the old art!