Layton Creators Working on New Ace Attorney?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well! That woud be intresting, they certainly work in the same vein of gene so I wouldnt be against it! =D

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Keep the high quality writing, and I'm sold no matter who the developer. Don't really care who makes it in Japan, as long as the localization team is still as good as ever at making jokes.

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
Always interesting to here developer x take over developer y's game. I'm also interested in seeing what can happen to this franchise. But why do I get the feeling that if this is real, it'll be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZxbi78MnQU&p=CF3E965E024E8988&playnext=1&index=16 (Please don't break.)

Hithlain

Keeper of Ying
Nov 25, 2008
I don't care who is in the game, I just want more Phoenix Wright. Seriously, I must be the only one on the face of the earth who didn't mind Apollo Justice or the Investigation games. They can't really keep churning out the same game with different cases or they would be called "boring". I mean, we call Nintendo out on doing that all the time. So why the hate? I loved both of those games and if I can get any new installment I say hell yes.

So what if it's new characters?

GrownupLawolf

Oct 29, 2009
Sorry to bust expectations, but a japanese member on Court Records (AA fanpage) has deconfirmed it.

Ash said:
JapaneseGIRL said:
http://twitter.com/jiro_ishii/status/25470241230
http://twitter.com/jiro_ishii/status/25470385809
何か勘違いが拡がってるので言っておきますが?イシイは現在『タイムトラベラーズ』しか作ってませんので。
話題にしてもらえるのは嬉しいのですが、全盛期の東スポみたいに「○○か?」で「?」が取れて一人歩きするのは困る。
Jiro Ishii denied a relation with Gyakuten Saiban.

He said, "Just so there's no confusion, I am making only "Time Traverers", now."

イシイジロウさんのTwitterでの発言は、ただの冗談だったそうです。
彼は噂が広がって困っているようです。
できたら上手に英語に翻訳してもらえませんか。
Quoting all of JapaneseGIRL's message just to make people read it, but Ishii has denied any connections to Gyakuten Saiban, it seems his message was just a joke. However, all the rumors now are kinda causing problems for him

何か勘違いが拡がってるので言っておきますが?イシイは現在『タイムトラベラーズ』しか作ってませんので。
"A misunderstanding has been spreading, so I'll just say this, but at the moment, Ishii is only working on Time Travellers"

話題にしてもらえるのは嬉しいのですが、全盛期の東スポみたいに「○○か?」で「?」が取れて一人歩きするのは困る。
"I'm happy everyone is talking about it, but like how at the heyday of the Tokyo Sports (newspaper) one sentence was understood as something else* and that going on living its own life, well, that's troublesome for me"

*I'm not familiar with Tokyo Sports personally, but it seems to be more of a tabloid / a example of yellow journalism.

So keep those expectations and rumors in check~

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Psychosocial said:
"Apollo Justice 2!"

You all know this is what it will be, and if you have any even slightly decent taste in videogames, you know this is not a good thing.
Why is it that so many people are hating on Apollo? Is it because he's not Phoenix? Because i thought the game in itself was actually really good.

OT: I'm looking forward to seeing how they make use of eachother, 'cuz both those developers make excellent games.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
Psychosocial said:
Oh and I forgot to mention two other things I hated about Apollo Justice in my previous rant post on it in this topic so I'll add them here. It feels like the courtroom has been filled with kids in this game. Sure, Edgeworth, Franziska and Phoenix are all young, might even be equally young, but they at least felt more mature than that asshat Gavin. Which brings me to my next point, this is the first, and hopefully last, game where Payne was the most interesting and best written prosecutor. Because Gavin was truly fucking ass. Not to mention, this is the only game where you only have two different prosecutors to go up against.
Alright. I'll admit, these are valid arguments. But here's my take:

Apollo felt more intelligent than Phoenix because he wasn't constantly grasping for straws. He knew the prosecution's flaws, and pointed them out very easily.

I love Phoenix, but more often than not he'd say something along the lines of "Here's the truth! I think." and everyone else says "Prove it." Phoenix points at a random piece of evidence, and it just to HAPPENS to be the one that proves it, and everyone goes along with it. I guess I liked Apollo's confidence better.

I did miss Edgeworth in AA:AJ, being the most badass mo-fo in the entire series, but Gavin (the prosecutor) put up a decent fight. Gavin (the evil guy) wasn't as well-built as other villains, and rolled over way too easily during case 1, but I still enjoyed the game.

And yeah, the whole Trucy thing was... Well... Annoying. WHAT HAPPENED TO MAYA AND PEARLS? Did Phoenix just lose track of them after the final case in T&T?

Still. I really liked the cases in Apollo Justice, I liked how well they flowed together, and the final case might take my number 2 spot at "best cases in the series." With the final one from Justice for All still forever being number 1.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Psychosocial said:
Ulquiorra4sama said:
Psychosocial said:
"Apollo Justice 2!"

You all know this is what it will be, and if you have any even slightly decent taste in videogames, you know this is not a good thing.
Why is it that so many people are hating on Apollo? Is it because he's not Phoenix? Because i thought the game in itself was actually really good.

OT: I'm looking forward to seeing how they make use of eachother, 'cuz both those developers make excellent games.
The game was piss easy, much easier than the previous games, though none of them are exactly hard to begin with, but still. The music is nowhere near the quality of that in the previous games, Guilty Love is probably the worst track in the whole series, even worse than Larry Butz theme song. The bracelet stuff is retarded, for obvious reasons. The story wasn't engaging at all, because the twist was obvious early on, due to the terrible first case. I could probably go on even longer but I can't be assed right now, so is this good enough for you?
Sure. Most the reason as to why i don't hate Apollo Justice is because it was the FIRST AA game i ever played, even before playing the Phoenix trilogy so i guess i just didn't know any better if i were to ask someone like you.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
NeutralMunchHotel said:
Psychosocial said:
"Apollo Justice 2!"

Taste in video games? Really?

OT: I enjoyed Apollo Justice and don't get all the hate for it.
It didn't have Phoenix in it.
Y'know, besides the fact that the whole story revolved around sucking him off.

Just face it. There's serious "WP:Ownership" issues with the character for fans.
Especially in America, where all 3 games were slingshotted across the Pacific within a 2-year time-frame. Yep. They certainly have any right to assume they should control the future of these games.

I even heard an idiot on GameFaqs (redundant) say it should star Phoenix because of the series's Japanese name. Apparently he was unaware that Gyakuten Saiban doesn't mean "Naruhodo and Friends Makes the Same Game 20 Times Even After The Last Game in the Trilogy Pretty Much Knocked Some Characters Out of the Running for Another Game Unless We Set the Game Years in the Future and Yet Starring the Same Exact Cast for Reasons that Would be Patently Stupid".

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
I hope its Phoenix as the main character again. I didn't like Apollo that much to be quite honest with you, even though I did enjoy playing as Miles Edgeworth in Ace attorney investigations. It would have been better though if you could actually prosecute in the courtroom (I know they did something like that in the flashback case but I was thinking more like how they had to do it in Phoenix Wright) so if they did the investigation like in Miles Edgeworth and the courtroom like in Phoenix Wright, then I would be happy. We will just have to wait and see how it all works out.

xscoot

Sep 8, 2009
FreelanceButler said:
I'd laugh if it was basically major parts of all the Phoenix Wright games put into one game, with everyone wearing top hats.

But yeah, might look into it. I've only played the second Ace Attorney game, but that was hecka' fun?
Aside from possibly Apollo Justice (lots of hate for that one), 2 was the worst game in the series. Personally I think it is; I had no problem with AJ other than the ending. Going back in time to get evidence was fairly stupid, as well as the twist with AJ's parents.