Leader of Black Lives Matter of Greater Atlanta arrested for allegedly misusing funds

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

According to a release from the FBI, Page used donation money from his non-profit, "Black Lives Matter of Greater Atlanta" to pay for personal items. Some of those include a home, property, weapons, food and clothing.

Authorities said Page responded to social media inquiries in June by saying that donated funds were only used for “movement-related” expenses, not for “personal items.” But the FBI alleges that a debit card linked to the bank account was used for food, dining, entertainment, clothing, furniture, a home security system, and a home purchase, and no expenditures related to social or racial injustice efforts could be identified.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
...since when does a house count among "personal items?" 0_0

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I'm shocked. I could have never seen this coming. My faith in the movement is shattered. I need to question and re-evaluate all my beliefs. This is sarcasm.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Naughty little bastard.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Impossible. King wanted people to be judged by their character, not their skin color. That's not what's currently on vogue.
I have tried to make that argument before, here on these forums, but I was told that this was historical revisionism and that I was invoking some sort of fantasy version of MLK.

Yeah, I didn't get it either.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren