Leaked Achievements Reveal Secret Mortal Kombat Fighters

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Leaked Achievements Reveal Secret Mortal Kombat Fighters

A familiar face - as well as one not quite as familiar - are hiding in Mortal Kombat, just waiting for players to find them.

A leaked list of achievements for the upcoming Mortal Kombat [http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O6E1JS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=1GRZZTYFQ9DKXEXS5KT0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846 ] reboot has revealed a pair of unlockable fighters that probably won't appear in the manual. Suffice to say, if you want to avoid spoilers, then you should stop reading around about now.

Nestled in among the awards for pulling off a fatality or beating up a few hundred people online, are the achievements "Quan-Tease" and "Cold Fusion." The first is a reward for the unlocking the villainous Quan-Chi, while the second is for unlocking Cyborg Sub-Zero. Quan-Chi has appeared in numerous Mortal Kombat games, starting with Mortal Kombat 4. Cyborg Sub-Zero is brand new however, as until now, the icy ninja has remained cybernetics free, much to the chagrin of his former masters.

Also included in the secret achievements is an award for performing every character's "hidden finishing move," and another for performing every type of "-ality" in the game, which is to say all the different types of finishing move. The series' trademark "Fatalities" are in, and it's thought that the "Brutality" finishers that first appeared in the SNES/Genesis ports of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 are in as well.

Other finishing move types in the series have included "Animality," where the fighters turn into animals and finish off their opponents, "Babalities," where the winner transforms the loser into a baby, and "Friendship," where the winner does something friendly, like give the loser a gift. It's currently unknown whether any of these moves will make an appearance in the new game, however.

Mortal Kombat comes out for Xbox 360 and PS3 on April 19th.

Source: iPlayWinner [http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/3/6/mortal-kombat-secret-achievements-list-reveal-cyber-sub-zero.html] via CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/292318/news/mortal-kombat-achievements-out-cyber-sub-zero-quan-chi/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-News-RSS]

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I was hoping one the secret characters would be the 360's exclusive special guest like PS3's Kratos. Regardless I'm fine with the secret characters.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Armored Prayer said:
I was hoping one the secret characters would be the 360's exclusive special guest like PS3's Kratos. Regardless I'm fine with the secret characters.
It would be cool if it was the chief but probably isn't.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Come on Animality and friendship; they would just make MK pure gold... laced with LSD

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
I am sooo looking forward to kicking ass and taking names in the newest installment of the MK franchise. Seeing as I grew up on this game, I'm stoked.

And I'll be damned if they just have fatalities! I know that the game is going for a more darker, serious tone with more violence, gore, etc. but it would be cool to see anything other than dimembering your opponent. I want to see Sub Zero give someone a snow cone!

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I want Friendships in the game.

But only fake Friendships.

You offer someone a hug, then it's all "PSYCH!" *decapitation*

That would be awesome.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Other finishing move types in the series have included "Animality," where the fighters turn into animals and finish off their opponents, "Babalities,"
And Controversialities, where they forget to lock your controller after the Babality and then hastily release a patch while you gleefully eviscerate infants.
And HaraKikiBugalities, where you get an incredibly funny youtube video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-egksufiao].

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Hated all those Friendships and Babalities.

They need Frienalities; Where you give the opponent a gift, then when he is distracted by the shiny thing, you rip his heart out.