Leaked Game of Thrones Season 5 Casting Sheet Reveals Multitude of Martells

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Who I want to see implemented in the show is Victarion because he is simply a badass and would be a waste of his character if they don't introduce him.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Why are they looking for a black actor for the guy who's probably the lightest man in Dorne?

I mean if it's to diversify the cast more then I'd always thought of Obara as being darker skinned than Dornish, though not as dark as a summer islander.

But Hotah is from the Free Cities, and it's mentioned that he found the Dornish climate too hot when he first arrived there, it's kind of an odd decision to suddenly make him black.

Lord Garnaat

Apr 10, 2012
I'm very happy to hear that they're going the extra mile with the Dorne castings, because for the longest while I thought it was just matter of deciding which of the Martells they would cut. I figured that we wouldn't be getting all of the three main Sand Snakes, and that Hotah was almost certainly getting axed (no pun intended), but this is good news. I'm also very, very happy to see that they're casting one of my favorite characters, the High Sparrow, for next season as well. I was counting on it happening, but I'm just glad it's official.

I will admit, though, that the lack of Greyjoys has me worried. It's probably just a matter of them not being on this specific list, or having already been cast, but I really hope they done cut out Victarion or Euron. I've heard theories that they may consolidate them into a single character, which would be awful, and I can't help but feel that if they can have all the Sand Snakes they can spare the time and money for two much more important characters.

K12

Dec 28, 2012
GrimTuesday said:
K12 said:
DJjaffacake said:
The only one that's really a cause for concern in Trystane being aged up, considering he's betrothed to Myrcella, a child barely older than Tommen, and in the books they're of an age and get on quite well. It's sweet when they're both 10, but if one's about 12 and the other's 18...

Arianna Martell not coming up is also mildly concerning, but I'd be amazed if they cut her. That'd be like dropping Maester Aemon. Quentyn Martell also seems to be missing. I guess it's possible they've merged him and Trystane like they did with the Tyrells, but Garlan and Willas don't have as much separate relevance to the plot as Trystane and Quentyn do.
I thought that merging Trystane and Quentyn was quite a likely option for them, but it's weird for this merged character to be called Trystane rather than Quentyn, i.e. the guy who actually does some stuff.

I'm going to assume that the more significant Martells not mentioned have already been cast ages ago. Hopefully also the Greyjoys, I'd be disappointed if Balon's brothers aren't all in the show.

Also put Coldhands in the bloody show!
There is no way that they merge Trystane and Quentyn, in part because they will probably push back Quentyn's introduction to season six, in part because I feel they are advancing Dany's story very slowly.
Well you say that but Dany managed to take over the course of an afternoon. I think you're right actually and it's a good move for them to do that, the next season is going to introduce a lot of new important faces already so delaying one a bit is probably a good idea.

He might have a "hello, I'm Quentyn" style of intro but probably won't do very much.

What about Arys Oakheart? Has he been mentioned at any point in the show so far?

Kahohess

Sep 12, 2011
J Tyran said:
I am the only one who can see the guy that plays Heimdall in the Marvel movies as being the perfect fit for Hotah? He kind of nails that impassive but intimidating standing around thing that Hotah does.
Wrong, the perfect cast would be Omar Sy.