Leaked Jurassic World Story Details Confirmed

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
Leaked Jurassic World Story Details Confirmed

Director Colin Trevorrow has confirmed leaked story details about the fourth Jurassic Park film's plot, settings, and characters.

Massive spoilers ahead for Jurassic World.

After plot details were SlashFilm [http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-spoilery-details-on-jurassic-world-the-park-the-dinos-more] to confirm some of leaked details and address fan concerns. Trevorrow confirmed that Jurassic World, formerly known as Jurassic Park 4, picks up twenty-two years after the events of Jurassic Park. The story takes place on a fully functioning dinosaur park on Isla Nublar, the same island where the events of Jurassic Park occur. The park is a popular and successful tourist attraction, featuring a luxury resort, a theme park, a safari, a biological preserve, and, of course, dinosaurs.

A new dinosaur species will appear in the film, created by geneticists at the park. "This creation exists to fulfill a corporate mandate-they want something bigger, louder, with more teeth," says Trevorrow. "I know the idea of a modified dinosaur put a lot of fans on red alert, and I understand it. But we aren't doing anything here that Crichton didn't suggest in his novels. This animal is not a mutant freak."

The film stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dalla Howard. Pratt's character Owen is a former military man conducting behavioral research on velociraptors. The original leak suggested that these velociraptors were trained "good guy" dinosaurs, but Trevorrow dismissed that idea. "There's no such thing as good or bad dinosaurs. There are predators and prey," says Trevorrow. "Chris Pratt's character is doing behavioral research on the raptors. They aren't trained, they can't do tricks. He's just trying to figure out the limits of the relationship between these highly intelligent creatures and human beings. If people don't think there's potential in those ideas, maybe they won't like this movie. But I ask them to give it a chance."

Universal announced earlier this month [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123890-Universal-Delays-Jurassic-Park-4-New-Release-Date-Unkown] that Jurassic World would be delayed from its original summer 2014 release date. The film is instead scheduled to release in summer 2015.

Kyber

Oct 14, 2009
Is it wrong that I want the villain of the movie to be Dr. Ferdinand from SBR?

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i highly doubt that this movie will be any good. part 3 was just awful. part 2 wasnt better but at least watchable. even they have changed a lot that didnt occur in the book.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Ok, I admit I wasn't interested before. Now my ears are perked, doing the prairie dog alert look... Really interested. Hopefully they can flesh out these ideas on screen into a good movie. Also curious how they're going to portray the dinosaurs visually this time.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
MarlaDesat said:
Jurassice Park 4
Is that a typo or was it actually called that to try and be some kind of ice pun? Genuine question.

I haven't really followed any of the news since I expect this to be the usual awful reboot of something that was successful more than a decade ago. Hearing that a main character is 'a former military guy' does not help debunk those feelings. We just need something about government surveillance and an international conspiracy to go along with the evil corporation plot (which is acceptable for Jurassic Park). Fingers crossed the dinos won't be revealed to be aliens.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
The story takes place on a fully functioning dinosaur park on Isla Nublar, the same island where the events of Jurassic Park occur. The park is a popular and successful tourist attraction, featuring a luxury resort, a theme park, a safari, a biological preserve, and, of course, dinosaurs.
Ah yes, because that worked out so well the last time someone tried to do just that, or the other two times humans and dinosaurs got put together.

The illusion of control. Nature finds a way. Don't play god. Those were some major themes of the first movie and apparently 22 years of in-universe retrospection on those events learned us nothing.

Then again, without Weyland-Yutani levels of stupid, there would be no movie.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Metalrocks said:
i highly doubt that this movie will be any good. part 3 was just awful. part 2 wasnt better but at least watchable. even they have changed a lot that didnt occur in the book.
I disagree, 3 at least made some sense, granted the raptors were completely wrong but they were kind of wrong to begin with so... 2 on the other hand I found really boring at first then completely stupid by the end. I'm sorry but that boat scene makes no sense and that scene where the girl kicks that raptor (over-grown Deinonychus) was so, SO STUPID!

There's a lot of stupid bullshizz behind the scenes of 3 to do with Horner and his ideals but 3 sort of knew what it was doing, 2 was just all over the place.

OT: Super predator huh? I wonder if they'll put any meta jokes about upping the game in 3 when they just stuck Spinosaurus in there for no other reason then it was bigger than a Tyrannosaur. If they want a super predator they need to think smaller or at least lighter, Giganotosaurus was probably the biggest active predator ever, at least in the idea that they roamed about taking down what ever they could find.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I can make one prediction, i bet their will be an 'escape the raptors' scene at the end. All 3 movies had that. They need something different.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
"This creation exists to fulfill a corporate mandate-they want something bigger, louder, with more teeth," says Trevorrow.
So they're just like the guys that commissioned this movie?

KingWein22

Jun 4, 2010
PunkRex said:
Metalrocks said:
I disagree, 3 at least made some sense, granted the raptors were completely wrong but they were kind of wrong to begin with so... 2 on the other hand I found really boring at first then completely stupid by the end. I'm sorry but that boat scene makes no sense and that scene where the girl kicks that raptor (over-grown Deinonychus) was so, SO STUPID!

There's a lot of stupid bullshizz behind the scenes of 3 to do with Horner and his ideals but 3 sort of knew what it was doing, 2 was just all over the place.

OT: Super predator huh? I wonder if they'll put any meta jokes about upping the game in 3 when they just stuck Spinosaurus in there for no other reason then it was bigger than a Tyrannosaur. If they want a super predator they need to think smaller or at least lighter, Giganotosaurus was probably the biggest active predator ever, at least in the idea that they roamed about taking down what ever they could find.
To be fair, the people that did 3 said they wanted a new "antagonist" dinosaur instead of the T-Rex like the first two films.

2, on the other hand, was more of people (even Spielburg) pressuring Crichton to make the book so they could turn it into a movie and wanting Dr. Malcolm back (I think he died in the first book, I'll have to reread).

OT: I might take a look at it, but I'm not too excited about another movie suddenly 20+ years later.

MarlaDesat

Aug 22, 2013
CriticalMiss said:
MarlaDesat said:
Jurassice Park 4
Is that a typo or was it actually called that to try and be some kind of ice pun? Genuine question.

I haven't really followed any of the news since I expect this to be the usual awful reboot of something that was successful more than a decade ago. Hearing that a main character is 'a former military guy' does not help debunk those feelings. We just need something about government surveillance and an international conspiracy to go along with the evil corporation plot (which is acceptable for Jurassic Park). Fingers crossed the dinos won't be revealed to be aliens.
Unfortunately, just a typo. I may have ice on the brain [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134876-Antarctic-Icebergs-Caused-Huge-Sea-Level-Rise-14-600-Years-Ago] today.

Still, now I'm imagining a Jurassic Park story set on Antarctica, and part of the park breaks off on an iceberg headed straight for civilization! Let's just ignore the trouble of feeding and heating those massive creatures on a polar ice sheet...

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
"This creation exists to fulfill a corporate mandate-they want something bigger, louder, with more teeth," says Trevorrow.
Is this movie self aware?.

2015... crap, I'll have to wait a bit longer to watch this spectacular trainwreck.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
MarlaDesat said:
CriticalMiss said:
MarlaDesat said:
Jurassice Park 4

Unfortunately, just a typo. I may have ice on the brain [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/134876-Antarctic-Icebergs-Caused-Huge-Sea-Level-Rise-14-600-Years-Ago] today.

Still, now I'm imagining a Jurassic Park story set on Antarctica, and part of the park breaks off on an iceberg headed straight for civilization! Let's just ignore the trouble of feeding and heating those massive creatures on a polar ice sheet...
Someone call James Cameron and we could have a cross-over between Jurassic Park and Titanic, where a ship is hit by an iceberg crawling with dinosaurs.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's like someone came up with an idea for a dinosaur/monster movie but the studio execs didn't think it could stand on its own. So they decided to tack on an existing IP and claim it was all part of their ingenious plan.

It's been a long time since I've read/watched Jurassic Park. I wonder how well it holds up today.

KingWein22 said:
2, on the other hand, was more of people (even Spielburg) pressuring Crichton to make the book so they could turn it into a movie and wanting Dr. Malcolm back (I think he died in the first book, I'll have to reread).
Dr. Malcolm was mentioned to have died in the end of Jurassic Park but was one of the main protagonists in The Lost World. Whether that was a ret-con or not, I don't know. Dr. Malcolm just states that reports of his death were premature.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
I love Jurassic Park. Both the novel and film. It remains one of my favorite stories.

However, I had no real hope and almost no desire for this new film. Nothing about it piqued my interest; beyond once again seeing dinosaurs on film.

However, one thing from this reveal has given me an ever so small glimmer of hope. Namely, the following quote:

"There's no such thing as good or bad dinosaurs. There are predators and prey."[/i]

The idea that they're viewing the dinosaurs as wild animals and not "big bads out to getcha!" gives me some hope for the production.

Of course, that could still amount to nothing and this film may very well end up being utter shit, but who knows? Maybe we can finally see a good revival of dinos-on-film?

Until they mar it with even more sequels, of course.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
I loved the Jurassic park films, but mixing fish and dinosaurs to create some new murderbeast? Just no.
Don't care if it's within the "lore" or whatever, you're going the ways of the Dragonball Z syndrome then: introducing ever more outrageous adversaries. Heck, it sounds exactly like the scenario's of a number of bad B-horrorflicks.

There's also no need for it when there are that many interesting dinosaurs that actually existed which haven't been featured in film before.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
CriticalMiss said:
Someone call James Cameron and we could have a cross-over between Jurassic Park and Titanic, where a ship is hit by an iceberg crawling with dinosaurs.
That would literally just be Aliens on a cruise ship. I like it. Velociraptors in the vents! "They're coming out of the goddamn walls!"

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Wait... so, a bunch of your dinosaurs get loose on your island, kill a bunch of people, and the public has NO IDEA that any of that happened? And what about The Lost World, AKA Jurassic Park 2? Yeah, it was crap, but it still HAPPENED.

Also, if the dinos don't have feathers, I'm pulling any support for the film.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
How will they movie end;

1- Dinosaurs get loose and kill a bunch of people. Nah, that's how JP1 and 2 went down.
2- Radical environmentalist(s) cause havoc resulting in loose dinos and dead people. Nah, that's JP2.
3- Someone gets lost on the island and said military man goes in to rescue them. Nah, that's JP3.

Hmm, it seems there isn't much else that can be done, except...

My Prediction- The genetically engineered dino mutates in to a zombie dino which infects the whole island. You read that right; Zombie Dinosaurs.

You read it here first people.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
JP3 was practically a dinosaur-themed snuff film that tried to turn velociraptors into "noble savages". They'd have to work hard to make this installation more of a failure... but Hollywood has turned that trick before.

008Zulu said:
My Prediction- The genetically engineered dino mutates in to a zombie dino which infects the whole island. You read that right; Zombie Dinosaurs.

You read it here first people.
Dead Dino Island [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dino_Island]?

Heck, I'd go see it.