"Leaked" Left 4 Dead 2 Trailer Turns Up On YouTube

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
sgtshock said:
That trailer dripped with Valve's signature quality. Gotta love the subtle facial expressions, like the tiny smirk on the gambler guy when he opened the cash register. Also, I saw footage from multiple areas, including the Carnival and the bridge finale. Does this mean we get cutscenes for every campaign?
We can only hope. Seriously, a solid overarching story that connects the campaigns would be a great thing.

I can't even hear the trailer (in class right now) but the visual quality already has my interest piqued.

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
Im hoping the game will have more cutscenes and, well, a story. but thats just me, ill buy the game just to cut down a tank with a chainsaw. Groovy.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I'm with you, never bought the first game and never got into L4D just because...I'unno didn't have time or interest (or money invested) really.

But I gotta say, that is one beastly trailer.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Eatbrainz said:
Im hoping the game will have more cutscenes and, well, a story. but thats just me, ill buy the game just to cut down a tank with a chainsaw. Groovy.
Melee weapons don't work on specials....

But maybe the chainsaw will, cos the axe has the special ability to one hit a witch, nothing stopping over weapons to have abilities.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
My god that's fucking awesome.

I can't wait, the characters are growing on me and I haven't even played it yet. :D

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Caliostro said:
Abedeus said:
Who's telling you to be tied down to one game?
My wallet.

Feel free to gift me either of these on steam and I'll gladly buy the other. Otherwise, I'm making a choice here.
Well then who's forcing you to buy both of those games in the same month? ;d

Ninja Tank

May 19, 2009
didn't TF2 do this with the spy video. Cause this makes the game more awesome i was going to buy it a month later now I'm buying it first day

TheMadTypist

Sep 8, 2009
That, is one baddass video.

I'll miss Francis, Bill, Zoey, and Louis, but maybe they'll show up in some expansion content or something.

And hey! the Crotchety Old Guy genotype that originated in Bill will continue in the form of that big guy!

Also, interesting symmetry between this trailer and the start-cinematic of LFD 1, where Francis grabs Zoey when the stairs fall out from under her and the part on the carnival wheel where the girl grabs the white suited guy as the fire comes up after them.

DoctorDisaster

Apr 14, 2009
I'm Italian, I live in the south, and my name is Nick -- and yet I like these characters so much that I am having trouble deciding who to play. Dammit, Valve!

I'm also nurturing a secret hope that the unannounced game mode will feature some sort of contest between the cast of L4Ds 1 & 2. They did say it was for eight players.

(Don't tell Bill, but I'm kind of rooting for the rookies...)