Leaked Microsoft Video Reveals Horrible Future for PC Gaming

Digitaldreamer7

Sep 30, 2008
I'll still be using steam, but, to be honest, I Love the fact that GFW live integrates my pc achievements with my xbox360 achievements. I like being able to chat with my xbox friends while I play dawn of war 2. I wish everything was integrated like that. I don't care for casual games, but, there are people who do and they deserve this type of experience. You do understand that these casual games are very cheap to make and rake in tons of money. more money=more development. more development is good.

Angus565

Mar 21, 2009
Tell me when I can raid somebody's farm in farmville via battlefield 2.
Then maybe we'll talk.

Ashoten

Aug 29, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Leaked Microsoft Video Reveals Horrible Future for PC Gaming

The core gamer demographic gets a bit of a nod at the very end, when a guy decides to slack off at work to help out a buddy playing some Battlefield 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-2-Pc/dp/B0006SL93I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300742656&sr=8-1] by buying him a better gun and then immediately misspells "pwn3d."

via: PC Gamer [http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/20/leaked-microsofts-work-in-progress-vision-of-the-future-of-games-for-windows-live/]

All right so Im just gonna be a snarky SOB here and let you know there is now way to misspell "Poewned". Its a slang word that changes every year. In fact everyone spells it wrong because the original phrase was "Owned" or more specifically "Ooooowwwwnnnndadadadadid" as pronounced be me and my college buddies 5 years ago. So there.

emenar

Oct 23, 2009
dont let them do this :'( facebook is for facebooking, not games! anyways isnt there a topic that zynga aint performing for xbox :p so as for "all" platforms, haha to you sir!

Dammit they just wanna make it into the wii+xbox live+facebook! noooooo

Darkong

Nov 6, 2007
I can't believe that someone at Microsoft looked at Playstation Home and thought, "Yes, this is a good thing, we need to rip this off now! And while we're at it, let's mash some Second Life and pseudo Facebook into it as well."

Patton662

Apr 4, 2010
You can have your own "style" and "attitude" but as long as it doesn't offend anyone or clash with Microsoft's policies.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
hey MS! there already IS a family console its called THE WII!!!
look I don,t hate the WII or 360 but the 360 is for stuff like Halo,GOW etc. and the WII is for customizable avatars and family games
PS I hope this is a OPTION not a default (I hate it when stuff I don,t want clutters up my HDD) on windows 8/win7 SP

DaMan1500

Jul 10, 2009
I totally agree. If something isn't to my liking, then how dare anyone else on Earth enjoy it?

Valdsator

May 7, 2009
Why does Microsoft assume I want to be social all the time? Don't know about you but uhh... I like to play games by myself sometimes, without friends messaging me constantly.

dante brevity

Apr 15, 2009
I'm continually amazed by the persistent stereotype, shown in both this video from Microsoft and in the comments that follow, that "hardcore" means boy and "casual" means girl. The developers that realize that there is significant overlap on both side of that divide might end up making good games. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to include Microsoft.

Azure Knight-Zeo

Jun 7, 2010
I'm still not sure why people are throwing a hissy fit whenever "casual games" get brought up. They're trying to branch out and get those who aren't into gaming into it. The equivalent of the child's section at a book store, sure I don't go down there because I've out grown that stuff and instead look for more interesting material. Though I'd like to see more a "teen reading" equivalent for games, you know somewhere between the casual and "hard core" to help them transition more.

However trying to make veteran gamers give a damn about this system and the lame avatars isn't the best business move Microsoft...

Sephychu

Dec 13, 2009
Valve will lead, Microsoft will do the same they've been doing for some time now. Get dragged along in the dirt by Steam.

This genuinely looks horrendous.

spartan773

Nov 18, 2009
i see nothing wrong with it, sure it's aimed at the casual crowd, but hey, it doesn't look all that bad, this entire future is being focused on connectivity.