Leaked Portal 2 Achievement Ignites Episode 3 Rumors

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Oh my god what does this mean!?

*Flips out uncontrollably over shred of evidence about a game people stopped waiting for over 2 years ago*

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
VGC USpartan VS said:
As much as VALVe games have quality, that quality is pretty old by todays standards, I mean seriously, Source needs an update. So there is no excuse for why Episode 3 is taking so long.
In fact Episodic titles are supposed to be shorter, sold for less and take less time to make, VALVe has the first 2 but what about 3? I can't wait for their excuse to be "It's only been 4 years."
We're in year 5 going on 6.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Any mention of a ship in a Portal game makes it pretty obvious that they're making a link with Episode 3. Still not convinced Ep3 is coming out anytime soon though.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
John Funk said:
Of course, this could also just be Valve yanking everybody's collective chain as the Half-Life 2: Episode 3 team uses their cut of the Steam fortune to hold donuts-and-beer parties, while snickering to themselves at how everybody actually thinks that they're actually working on the game. Can't rule that out, no sirree.
Well of course that isn't going to happen. Critical Miss killed off Gabe Newell. It won't be long before the impact of that is truly felt.

I'm not sure if I should apologize for that last pun...

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
No you wrong, it wasn't donut and beer parties, it was Gabe Newell with his McDonald's, and Subway binge.

C'mon everyone should know that by now.

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
John Funk said:
Valve yanking everybody's collective chain as the Half-Life 2: Episode 3 team uses their cut of the Steam fortune to hold donuts-and-beer parties, while snickering to themselves at how everybody actually thinks that they're actually working on the game. Can't rule that out, no sirree.
My thoughts exactly, i bet they dont want to make it and move on to new things, which is 'fine in my book.

keep on a trollin VALV[sup]e[/sup]

wammnebu

Sep 25, 2010
Honestly some of the other achievements intrigue me more
example "the rat man's den" is that the name for the guy in back hallways of the first portal?
Portrait of a Lady: Find a hidden portrait who on earth could that be?
You Made Your Point: Refuse to solve the first test in Chapter 8 do you have to kill companion cube again?

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
If I turn out to be right about how Portal 2 ends--leading directly into Half-Life (Episode) 3--I'm going to make sure NO ONE hears the end of it. I've been saying this for several months, and I'll say it again:

Portal 2 needs to end with Chell getting thrown back in time. She wakes up on her back, much like the end of Portal, and suddenly you hear a familiar voice: "Oh my God! Are you okay?" Alyx appears and looks down at Chell (the camera). She then looks off screen: "Gordon! Over here!" Footsteps, then Gordon looks down. Cut to black.

If I'm right, I will demand a prize--preferably a job working for Valve. :)

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Reveras said:
VGC USpartan VS said:
As much as VALVe games have quality, that quality is pretty old by todays standards, I mean seriously, Source needs an update. So there is no excuse for why Episode 3 is taking so long.
In fact Episodic titles are supposed to be shorter, sold for less and take less time to make, VALVe has the first 2 but what about 3? I can't wait for their excuse to be "It's only been 4 years."
We're in year 5 going on 6.
Episode 2 came out in 2007...? It hasn't even been four years. : /

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
wammnebu said:
You Made Your Point: Refuse to solve the first test in Chapter 8 do you have to kill companion cube again?
Nuuu :(

I don't know why, but I felt damned attached to that cube.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
100 years after the events of the first game?

Sounds like Valve's release schedule.

Freemon

Nov 18, 2009
Shinx said:
I think everyone at Valve has a fetish for messing with their fans.
That and hats.

Valve pacing sure is crap but hey... they sure know how to make games. I keep playing all this regular off the shelf games over and over again and suddenly BAM! a valve game. That's really cool.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
Maybe well see a gordon freeman statue or lambda science team monument in the distance, considering quite possible he/they will save humanity at the end of the half life series.

Or maybe we'll see some repercussions of the war between the rebellion and the combine. Whatever it is, it will be VERY subtle. Like the sideshows in the offices of aperture. Or the reference in the ending song.