Leaked Premise for Alien Prequel Supposedly Explains Xenomorph Origins

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
apparently im the only one to have actually enjoyed all the alien movies....though im not counting avp in that statement.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
InterAirplay said:
goldengirl said:
InterAirplay said:
goldengirl said:
InterAirplay said:
I was only trying to understand what you meant when you made our post, because it didn't make very much sense. "LOL MIDICHLORIANS" is hardly any different from what you said, and it doesn't amount to very much.
What are you trying to say? I don't understand.

When does posting different amounts come into it? Are you smoking illegal drugs or something?
I realise at this point that I'm probably getting trolled, but I just wanted to know what you meant when you equated this prequel's origin story with that infamous bit about midichlorians from Star Wars.
Oh I see. Try to be more coherent otherwise people can't understand your messages. I don't want people like me to be in a similar predicament.

Also, Aliens isn't like Star Wars very much. Aliens has Ripely and Star Wars has a princess.

And remember friend, say no to drugs. They are bad.
Man, that sure was a load of time I completely fucking wasted attempting to get anything close to a discussion out of You. Try to be less of an obtuse git, otherwise people will just get narked off and ignore you. Honestly, you seem to be working under the assumption that you're a lot more clever than you actually are.
I think if there was any sense in his post, it was that like how the midichlorians popped up in Starwars, they were a completely unnecessary (and idiotic) addition to both the plot and the backstory of the Starwars universe as a whole. From what I gather, it was an attempt to move a way from the whole 'mysticism' aspect of how the Force was presented to a more *shudders* 'scientific' one. But that little thing is the least of the prequel trilogy's problems and not really worth dwelling on. In relation to the Alien universe, I can only imagine they're doing all this retroactive re-writing because they're afraid of treading ground already tread.

Alien is a tight sci-fi/psychological horror, there's actually little gore beyond the infamous dinner scene and much of it focuses not on the Xenomorph itself, but rather on how the crew react to their situation and off each other.

Aliens is more action bent, but again, the Xenomorphs are used sparingly in favour of character interaction. Hell one of the most intense scenes in that movie is when the Xenomorphs are entirely off camera, and we the audience only get to hear the sounds of the sentry-guns blasting away, rapidly depleting their ammo.

Alien 3 tries to recapture some of the magic of the first one, though opinion varies on whether it succeeds. It's got a lot of nice character actors, but Ripley's time on the prison colony feels aimless.

Alien 4 is where it goes totally off the wall wrong. It's barely a horror film any more. Too much screen time is devoted to the Xenomorphs themselves and Ripley has been turned into a cliché action heroine, surrounded again by dull un-interesting characters.

Alien 5... I don't know, if you have to explain all this about the Space Jockey's and the aliens, you're doing something wrong. In the first film, the lone Space Jockey was intriguing. What was this ship? A transport? A prison? A zoo? We don't know, and we don't need to know. And this I think is something they need to hold on to. I actually -like- the idea of having the Space Jockeys more involved, but rather, as an over-arching unknown rather than the progenitors of man. And that kind of irks me too, oooooh humanity is awesome, the greatest creation of aliens/god/Chulthu. Geh.

Captcha: ndnarldr AND!!!

Korak the Mad

Nov 19, 2010
Take out the Space Gods, because that is just ridiculous.

I've always wondered how did the Xenomorphs come into being, their design always seemed to be that of a weapon of sorts.

Here's a better idea, Aliens were created by the Predators to be the ulimate prey. That actually would actually seem plausible.

Edit: I just noticed that the Space Jockey looks awfully similiar to the creatures in "The Fith Element" The ones that are the guardians of the stones.

Doc Cannon

I hate custom titles.
Feb 3, 2010
This sounds quite similar to the comic Aliens: Earth War.
Sometimes you have to explain what happened before if you intend to let people understand what's going to happen later. Say, if instead of a full prequel it's a sequel with flashbacks or other kinds of past exposition (however they might be presented).

I am pretty sure everyone would love William Gibson's Alien 3 if it had been filmed (but it wasn't), and the story is so weird that if I were to summarize the script and say it's "Alien 4" most people would say it sucks serious ass.
Sometimes you just have to see something to know how good (or bad) it is.

I still have hopes for any Alien films, what are the chances of getting a second Resurrection? :D

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
Why is every sci-fi thing these days trying explain the origion of the human race through a race of aliens that have some sort of parasitic companinions?(forerunners:flood, Whoever made the marker:necromorphs)

I'm sorry Aliens that boat left the shore a long time ago....

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
alien 1 and 2 are still the best. part 2 is in my point of view even better then part 1. lol.
not sure what i should think of this movie. could be worth a watch when it comes out. i just wait and see. maybe they dont screw it up and it will be a decent story behind it.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
And here I was thinking that they had learned their lesson from AvP Requiem. Oh well, it's just another thing I'll have to add to my list of things that "never happened" like the Silent Hill movie or the Star Wars prequels. I much prefer to leave the details to my imagination, I don't need this kind of thing explained to me as it always leads to disappointment and annoyance at the stupid amount of expository dialogue required to bring idiots up to date with the plot.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Terminate421 said:
Then where do the Predators come in?
In the cannon of alien they are not confirmed to exist (The films are considered non-cannon for the alien franchise). However xenomorphs are a key part of preadator cannon are central to many elements of predator culture (the AVP films can thus be seen as cannon for one of the two franchises invovled).

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
alrekr said:
Terminate421 said:
In the cannon of alien they are not confirmed to exist (The films are considered non-cannon for the alien franchise). However xenomorphs are a key part of preadator cannon are central to many elements of predator culture (the AVP films can thus be seen as cannon for one of the two franchises invovled).
Predator 2 and the AvP games also indicate the mixed universe.

alrekr

Mar 11, 2010
Terminate421 said:
alrekr said:
Terminate421 said:
Predator 2 and the AvP games also indicate the mixed universe.
If you head read the my post I said that in the cannon of Predator there is seen to be some form of shared universe with aliens. However in the cannon for ALIEN the shared universe is not confirmed and thus not (at least yet) cannon.

The games are seen more often than not, as non-cannon