Learn All About How Pokémon Feed Themselves

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Learn All About How Pokémon Feed Themselves

You'd really expect Charmander to prefer his grub a bit more well-done, wouldn't you?

The vignette embedded at right comes courtesy of Dominic Harris, a gent whose parents must be simply delighted that he's best described as an internet comedian. Normally credentials like that would indicate that on pressing play, the video will greet you with tired memetic humor and poorly balanced audio. This video however, is more of a scholarly effort, designed to introduce would-be Poképhiles to the digestive habits of Nintendo's most lucrative beasties.

Alright, that's a lie. The video is basically just Mr. Harris acting out his ideas of how various 'mon must feed based on the attacks they use most commonly in the Pokémon videogames and cartoon series'. Blastoise sprays his meal with water, Charmander ignites his food, Machoke punches a salad to death, etcetera ad nauseam.

I won't claim that Harris' clip is high art; it's just not. That said, the man obviously has no budget to speak of and little editing experience, yet we admire that he makes these shortcomings somehow work to his advantage. He could've very easily shown two of these examples, then given up, assured that everyone watching now understands what he was shooting for. However, the video goes on for nearly two-and-a-half minutes. 15 seconds into the clip I was expecting it to start dragging at the one minute mark, but as time progressed and Harris' gags grew increasingly irreverent, they also became more endearing. Harris reenacts Abra vanishing from sight via what is either incredibly well-designed CGI or simply turning off the camera and stepping out of frame. It's silly, cheap and weightless, and in that light it's got a certain charm - doubly so if you find yourself watching the video after sleeping for only three hours the night before.

Source: YouTube [http://youtu.be/MoEGd7B-OA0]

ASnogarD

Jul 2, 2009
Must be american humour, well I must be half as bad as I did watch ... half of that video.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
That's pretty funny, it must be a spoof of this video:

Both endearing in their own way :)

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Yeah this didn't really work for me. I wasn't even close to laughing. The best part was when it ended, because that meant that the video wasn't running anymore.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
ASnogarD said:
Must be american humour, well I must be half as bad as I did watch ... half of that video.
no this isn't American Humor, this is just stupid. Very very stupid, which some people think is funny. I personally don't find stupid funny.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Chansey eats its babies?

ASnogarD said:
British humour would be ten minutes of him apologising awkwardly =D

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Best part was the other guy trying to pretend all of it isn't happening... "Maybe if I ignore him he'll go away."

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Phrozenflame500 said:
Sorry, but why is this news again?
I have to go with this. Either it is a slow news day or I'm missing something and this is supposed to be more news worthy than all of the other videos on Youtube that aren't particularly funny. Is he the new CEO of EA?

Sep 14, 2009
sweet jesus, the pretentiousness in here is a bit too high, no one forced you to watch that video or read the writing bit of it.

OT: I saw the other one a couple weeks back, so i understand what they were going for, but honestly i found the other one only a tiny bit funny, and this one was more of just a "hah, they are making fun of that video" and that was it.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
That video is is more stupid but less funny then attaching badgers to a rifle and calling it a bayonet.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Evil Smurf said:
That video is is more stupid but less funny then attaching badgers to a rifle and calling it a bayonet.
That would be a really effective bayonet though. Probably quite a bit heavier than a normal blade but still.
DVS BSTrD said:
"This steak is so over cooked, You'd need an HM to cut it!"
-Gordon Ramsey
There can never be enough Gordon Ramsey pokemon jokes.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
I'm seeing Pokemon: The Musical in less than a week.
From what I've heard, this video is probably better...

knight steel

Jul 6, 2009
*chuckle* The sheer ridiculousness of it got a small smile at of me-yeah it's stupid and random but that were the humor comes from :D

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
Are we reviewing Youtube videos now?

Anyway, I have a major gripe wit this video. At no point did the Poke-Impersonator actually ingest anything. Therefore I deem that as a scientific demonstration this video is without merit. And, to put a finer point on it, it is a well known fact that wild charmander and charizard do not employ flame attacks when hunting.

KarmaTheAlligator

Mar 2, 2011
Jandau said:
Best part was the other guy trying to pretend all of it isn't happening... "Maybe if I ignore him he'll go away."
I like how he got ignored at the beginning: "Want to see?", "No...", does it anyway.