Least favorite 2011 game.

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
Wow escapists, I'm proud of you, 20 posts in and no-one has gone for the obvious Cod hate. Congrats.

Anyway, sadly, I didn't play any games that I didn't like this year. (which of course, isn't sad in the slightest, stupid Bobic) I suppose one of them must technically be a game that I liked less than the others, but I don't want to waste time thinking of it when they seemed so good. Yay 2011.

Miyam2

Nov 5, 2011
Surprisingly? Deus ex human revolution. While I loved the game at first, the boss battles were among the most annoying things I had played throughout the year.

yankeefan19

Mar 20, 2009
I'd have to say MW3 was my least favorite game of 2011. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a COD hater. I actually thought MW2 was a good game, I just could never get interested in MW3.

mattyg118

Jan 10, 2012
Sadly I will have to say Assassin's Creed Revelations. As a huge fan of the series, I was excited for a new city, the conclusion of Ezio's story, and to play as Altair again. However, after getting the platinum several days after its release I was forced to realize what a disappointing and convoluted game it really was. I hope Ubisoft decides to wait a little longer and give us another Assassin's Creed 2.

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
I'm actually very shocked, and a bit pleased to see that no one's mentioned Dragon Age 2 yet. Normally that's one of the first on threads like this. But on topic, I really didn't like Portal 2, mainly because my experience was ruined by people who just wouldn't shut the fuck up about it. Every joke was ruined, along with a lot of the secrets, and even the ending was ruined by people (like my friends) exhaustively quoting it, like "Spaaaaace" and "lemons" and shit like that.

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
I don't really know.

Deus Ex and Skyrim were both disappointing, and the latter broken, DN:F and DA2 were just bad, and many other games were 'meh'.
Absolute worst game? IDK. I got as little enjoyment out of each in the end (Except DN:F. That I got less enjoyment out of, but I expected that so it wasn't as bad)

Dec 3, 2011
Well the worst games I actually played this year were Uncharted 3 and Skyward Sword. Being a massive fan of both series, I had high expectations, and after the myriad of perfect scores for both games, I was very excited.

Sadly, I was left greatly disappointed by both. The former had a story riddled with plot holes and poor character development, while I was frustrated by the latter's restrictive world, fetch-quest structure and motion controls.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Worst game was Call of Juarez: The Cartel, by a long shot... I quite enjoyed Bound in Blood, it gave a good western feeling, and being able to play that with some friends spoke to me. Of course, as time went by it didn't look like it was gona be all that and my expectations went lower and lower, but even at their low point I was still greatly disapointed, almost disgusted, with how bad the game was. The voice acting is worse than Just Cause 2's, the driving sections are truly horrible and I barely even started on the combat before I stopped playing and uninstalled the game... The only game I recall playing being worse thant his is Sniper Ghost Warrior (which also made my "worst game list" in it's day...).

Perhaps CoD has become a crappy series of games, personally I haven't played MW3 but surely it cannot be worse than above mentioned X3.

Tiswas said:
Pretty much this for me. Also add 'Broken to the point that it's an insult that they're charging you to play this.'
I continue to wonder if I played the same game as other people... I experienced no bugs or glitches, my experience was smooth and loads of fun, more fun than I had with most games last year.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
My least favorite was Uncharted 3, I seriously regret paying full price for it. I found myself sighing and automatically looking at faqs to hurry up with the constant puzzles early in the game, I found it just made the pacing way too slow compared to uncharted 2.

Coupled in the fact that the action was frustrating in a way that made me rage. It was not difficult because it was hard, it was difficult because enemies would constantly magically appear from area's you have already just cleared which led to many cheap deaths. I like playing games on harder difficulties but for this one I did not even bother for that reason, it reminded me of playing shooters on ps1 or something.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Brink. I put some decent time into it but God, I raged in every mission I played.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Honestly,
I think it was Skyrim and I'll tell you why:
They said that the new engine would fix the chronic freezing problems that has plagued their games for a while and they lied. It actually looks like it's the exact same engine with a few slight tweaks that didn't seem to be at all effective.
So , that's my least favorite game of 2011 because it was the biggest disappointment, which is sad considering it was the same year that DNF came out...but I was kind of expecting the latter to be bad.

I only hope that Bethesda breaks with tradition and actually fixes Skyrim so that maybe it can be my favorite game of 2012. But I can't feel too optimistic. But Borderlands 2 is coming out this year isn't it?

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Most disappointing? Saints Row: The Third seems to be heading into this the more I play of it, although Arkham City is honestly in contention.

Actual worst game that I personally played from 2011? Mindjack.

What the fuck.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
For me the most disappointing was Dragon Age 2, and second place would have to be Deus Ex 3, because the experience kinda got bland and stale towards the end (plus the massive plot twist I have already worked out by the end of the first mission hub :( )

Gecko clown

Mar 28, 2011
DUKE NUKEM, derp herp.

seriously though, although definately not the worst probably Deus Ex: human revolution. Pretty much every aspect was flawed and it was fairly dull.

sizzle949

May 4, 2009
The Witcher 2, at least for me.

When I decide whether or not a game was bad, I base it off of how much fun I had. The Witcher 2 may have been well designed (according to its fans at least) but it was so boring and unintuitive I had to force myself to finish it (with the help of a couple of beer) just so I felt like I didn't waste my money. Skyrim may have had some glitches (none of which were really game breaking, at least the ones I noticed) at least it was enjoyable and drew me in.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Duke Nukem Forever, definitely. As someone who had been following its development since the first Quake 2 Engine screenshots were released, I've never been more disappointed in a game ever.

Saltychipmunk

Jan 17, 2012
Country
USA
you know I did not mind dues Exe's bosses , but then again i killed the first two with rockets (no combat perks required)
Brink was a big disappointment