Least favorite song from you favorite band

GamerKT

Jul 27, 2009
Some cover by Rise Against. As for one of their original ones, maybe Art of Losing.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
MysticToast said:
OhJohnNo said:
MysticToast said:
OhJohnNo said:
OT: Well...Muse made Filip, I guess, which isn't that good. Other than that all their songs are brilliant IMO.
I have a hard time calling any Muse song bad, but I'd have to agree with you on that one. And I also think the rest of their stuff is amazing.
Indeed. They have a large repertoire of great songs (I always have trouble choosing my favourite).
Oh, I feel the same way. If anyone ever asks me what my favorite song by them is and I can't decide, I usually just default to the first Muse song I ever heard (which was Time is Running Out).
First one I ever heard was New Born, from this video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md04Q7ClW_A]. Then I watched their Glastonbury performance that year (2009 or 2010, I can't remember) and voila, I was hooked. So was my dad (who now thinks they are the best band in history).

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Just going to add the ever-growing stack of Pablo Honey replies. By no means a bad album, but it doesn't even begin to approach the magnificence of Radiohead's later work.

Kapri

Jul 20, 2011
Therion's Feuer Overture - Prometheus Entfesselt. The synths just sound so tacky and the song doesn't fit with the rest of the album.

Also Lustmord by Moonspell. I don't hate it and I can listen to it but it's just not one of my favorites.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
Revolutionaryloser said:
You serious?

OT: Dunno that metallica song but its possible you haven't heard Metallica's recent collaboration with Lou Reid. Its the worst thing I've ever heard. Literally the worst 30 seconds I've ever heard. (Thats all I could give it, well to be honest the first 20 seconds or so wernt bad, typical metallica, but once Lou Reid started singing that was it.)

At the moment I don't really know who my favourite band are but for the sake of argument lets say its Corrosion Of Conformity. Anything before Pepper Keenan joined the band and they became stoner metal as opposed to hardcore Trash doesn't really appeal to me.

A Weary Exile

Aug 24, 2009
Zeppelin's CODA and In Through the Out Door albums are pretty mediocre overall, but from their better albums (In this case, the Led Zeppelin album) I'd say You Shook Me is my least favorite.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
One of the songs from the original Gorillaz album. I just can't get into their style of music in that one. I love 5/4, Re-Hash, New Genius(Brother), the singles but the others I can't stand. I have no song that I don't like from Daft Punk because they're Daft Punk. Hell On/Off, 15 or so seconds of t.v. channel-switching, is so good, SNSD sampled it!

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Revolutionaryloser said:
Red Hot Chili Peppers is my favorite band, and I like Suck My Kiss. The one song of theirs Porcelain. After that, "Even You, Brutus?" because it features an inordinate amount of rap. Not unlistenable, though. But seriously, fuck Porcelain...

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
Blink 182 - What's my age again? -> I can't put my finger on why. I don't mind this song when done on their live cd, or even the instrumental version. But if I hear the radio/cd version I just don't like it one bit. This song doesn't hold up at all over time.

Green Day - Take Back (Nimrod) -> They try out a metal style song and the result is my skipping to the next song on the CD.

booker

Feb 25, 2011
A Weary Exile said:
Zeppelin's CODA and In Through the Out Door albums are pretty mediocre overall, but from their better albums (In this case, the Led Zeppelin album) I'd say You Shook Me is my least favorite.
I completely forgot about In Through The Out Door. I detest that album. CODA is alright in places, but it's a posthumous "scraps" album--the stuff they left out from their other albums--so you've gotta understand, it really wasn't meant to be "good". You Shook Me is a low point for sure.

Geez. I've been sound so negative... Presence! Now that's an underrated album. I quite enjoy it.

Marcus McLean

May 12, 2010
KingofallCosmos said:
Well, Sonic Youth never made a best song, so...

How about I turn it around? Audioslave only made one (really really) good song: Cochise.

Ok second best then. Kylie Minogue... ow that's not a band. Faith No More's "Kindergarten" is just plain boring. Surfintaxt also has a point though.
Are you kidding? Kindergarten is one of the coolest songs on Angel Dust! The rap verse in the middle kicks so much ass.

My least favourite Faith No More song is probably Home Sick Home. That track really is boring.

Least favourite Guns N' Roses song is Shotgun Blues, because it's just weak.

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Hoplon said:
Radiohead's Creep.

Fucking shit terrible song, the rest of Pablo Honey is just as bad.

Much more a fan of things like Pyramid Song or There there.
Radiohead is my favourite band as well, and likewise, the entirety of Pablo Honey is pretty bad.

But taking just from after they started being good, I'd probably say "Bloom" off of The King Of Limbs. It's just unpleasant imo. A lot of people did seem to like it, but I can't imagine why.

Jul 13, 2010
SurfinTaxt said:
Youve obviously never seen creep played live, but i will give you tht its overplayed. Also how can the bends be better than the bends?
I have actually. Seen both the 1994 Astoria and 2009 Reading performances of Creep. Still found the song rather boring both times. Also, by immediate post Pablo Honey I was referring to late 1993 and 1994 songs like The Trickster, Permanent Daylight and Lozenge of Love.

Freaky Lou said:
But taking just from after they started being good, I'd probably say "Bloom" off of The King Of Limbs. It's just unpleasant imo. A lot of people did seem to like it, but I can't imagine why.
Personally, I love Bloom, mainly because of the bass line and the horns during the bridge. They give the song a sort of floating feeling, similar to that of Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
One of my favourite bands is Portishead, so...

I guess I'll go with the only Portishead song I've heard that I disliked, and that's Silence off Third.

Ironically enough, it's lyrics are on my desktop wallpaper.

I haven't listened to much of Third however, but their first two albums are solid fucking gold, and are the most perfect albums as far as I'm concerned, mainly because there isn't a single bad song in both of them.