Least satisfying kill ever?

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
I remember the topic 'most satisying kill' but now I come to ask you what is your least satisfying kill?
Let me explain what I mean, I'll use Dead Space as an example:
The main theme of combat in Dead Space is of course dismemberment, and I love the limb detaching process. So much more fun than just standard shooting because you have to aim precisley and rethink ways to use weapons. Awesome.
However nothing is more frustrating for me at least when I find myself fighting the enemies blasting at them over and over and finally killing them, but without removing the limbs. Because if you fill 'em with enough rounds they will still die. The limbs are just the weak points after all. For me though it just feels really unsatisfying because it's like
'yeah this mutant claw hand reanimated corpse alien thing is dead, but I didn't kill it properly'.
It's a petty annoyance but an annoyance nonetheless.

Other options would include pathetic final boss fights or even just powerful enemies that get killed way too easily and loose their appeal very quick. The kind of thing where you think... gee that was a pretty pathetic excuse for a boss fight. Or you might think... oh man I could have killed that enemy like THAT but I had to go with the simple unimaginatvie way by just pumping them full of lead.

So I ask you waht is the least satisying kill you've ever experianced in a game?

Neosage

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2008
[small]Crushing the little bugs on the floor in games, you know the insects or rats or whatever?[/small]

Minimike3636

Mar 29, 2009
POSSIBLE SPOILER
--------------------------------

The end of Fable II, when you kill Lucien (or wait long enough for Reaver to shoot him). I was expecting some harsh death, but no matter what you do, he just stumbles backwards clumsily and falls off a platform. WTF. And prior to that, you drain his willpower/health with a music box that you somehow attained by going through a FAKE DREAM SEQUENCE. I don't know what they were thinking, but I wasn't satisfied with that ending at all... at least not until I wished for 1 million gold :D

EDIT:
Wow, two people agreed on Lucien and posted it while I was still typing my response. Oh well, my decision still stands.

Manic0892

Oct 2, 2008
The most recent one I can remember was in Far Cry 2. I missed a sniper-rifle headshot on an enemy, then threw a grenade which he ran away from, and then sprayed an entire Mac-10 clip at him, because he refused to die in the first few bursts and my aim sucked.

I ran out of ammo for the Mac-10 about two seconds later. It was weird--I got all spazzy for a second there. Usually just a few rounds with the Mac-10'll do it.

Voicuboyy

Apr 15, 2009
games in which you shoot or stab/slash someone and he dies but there is no blood and no body parts are removed, it makes me sick

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Since Fable 2 was already mentioned;

Fable 1. BEFORE the Lost Chapters. My god Jack is so easy.
Happily, they fixed that with his second coming. That fight was a lot more epic. Still slightly easy, but not AS much.

irrelevantnugget

Mar 25, 2008
Lucifer, in Painkiller. You go into demon mode/form, and err.. well.. you do something. Supposedly shoot comets back or something, but he randomly dies to me... really vague.

Amiel

Apr 15, 2009
Agreed with Lucien in Fable 2. I love the game but I shot him once in the face and he died just like that. I couldn't believe that that actually killed him.

Yu Yevon in FFX was also a disappointment for me.

... erm Le chuck in escpae from monkey island? :p

OH also Giant smith robot in Path of neo! WTF was with that idea, Lets destroy the whole point of Neos sacrifice by having him live and lets instead put in a long, boring boss fight that makes no sense in which we take away all the combat abilities you've gained and only let you use 2 buttons. dodge or do the same attack again and again ... *sigh*

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
The end of fallout3 hands down winner. Oh btw thanks for the semi-badass trench coat that i can wear for all of 5 seconds.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
The Gray prince after he fids out he's a vampire,he just mopes around at doesn't put up a fight.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Nossy said:
Lucien in Fable 2.

Most unsatisfying and un-epic kill ever.
You can even not kill him, if you wait the pirate dude (I cant remeber his name, im trying to erase the game from my memory)shoots him.

angel34

Jan 16, 2009
POSSIBLE SPOILER
--------------------------------

The Boss in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, I felt really bad after killing her.

Citrus

Apr 25, 2008
I didn't like the Hunters in Half-Life 2: Episode 2. They're these giant, crazy things that are a ***** to kill, and you'd expect some kind of explosion when you finally kill them. They just kinda topple over.

Ashbax

Jan 7, 2009
Dash and Lucien in Fable 2, Only took one shot from my Flintlock Pistol Each time.