Leave me alone PC gamers!

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
4,202
0
0
I was once a console gamer and I think it was just that as consoles moved away from the type of things I liked, the positives of PC gaming became more apparent.
 

longboardfan

New member
Jul 27, 2011
166
0
0
I don't know how you feel. I stopped playing games except for the few games TellTale makes, when it became obvious that the only games on the market were firs person shooters and now 3rd person shooters. Nothing but boring gameplay and I'd rather just watch let's plays to get what little story exists. I like it now, I pay nothing, and I can just fast forward all the boring repetitive gameplay and just watch the cut scenes on youtube. win win I guess. Maybe sometime in the far future we'll have real games again. you know the mysterious ones that don't try to appeal to the lowest common denominator (everyone) and dumbed down controls and story and gameplay. Just look at RE6. i mean wth? Gears of Modern Army of Resident Zombies?
 

repeating integers

New member
Mar 17, 2010
3,315
0
0
Sanat said:
This is an accidental double-post. How do I delete it?
Ye can't. It remains, forever, a damning indictment of your posting skills. You'll leave to make other posts in other threads, and forget about it... but in a few years, someone will dig it out and bring it up when you're campaigning for being elected and things will really go downhill.

There's only one solution: murder. Murder everyone who could possibly have seen this comment. Since everyone in the Escapist can view this thread, and you can't delete the comment, your course of action is clear: Exterminate the Escapist Forums.
 

Joccaren

New member
Mar 29, 2011
2,600
0
0
VeneratedWulfen93 said:
The thing is I have never been subject to a condescending or judging comment while on my course. It seems to be limited to the internet. My class has 60 people in it, all gamers of as diverse a palet as you can think of and we all get on.
This is where the Greater Internet F**wad theory comes in handy. Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total F***wad.
People on the Internet complain, its one of the hazards of living here.

We just chat about games regardless but when I get online there are comments detailing ever advantage of PC gaming over and over, people complaining about Let's Play's not being on a PC or how terrible the console version is.
And when I come online there are threads spreading misinformation about PCs, calling everyone who uses them Elitists, claiming that consoles are the best platform out there and that Xbox/PS3 is better than the other, and PC because f*** you that's why.
And no, I'm not talking about this thread, though some of the things I've seen people say here have made me want to bang my head against a wall for 3 hours to escape the lack of understanding and unwillingness to learn some people show.

There are idiots who will react poorly to anything not played on PC on Ultra settings, especially on Youtube. Its worse than 4Chan, Reddit, or anywhere else on the net on Youtube. You go there, there are total f***wads everywhere. Its not just PC gamers though, its console gamers too.

"This game is great, imagine how amazing it would look on the PC" is not an inflammatory comment, its a reasonable statement; the game would look better on the PC, and said person hasn't called the game crap because its not on the PC, hasn't insulted anyone who uses consoles, hasn't decried consoles as useless, they've merely implied that a game could look better on the PC. Yet, all over Youtube, I'll see people get up in arms about the "PC Elitist" who posted said comment, and how they need to get a life and a girlfriend rather than spending $3000 on a new PC, or sitting at home all their life building and upgrading it. And then the argument starts about the advantages of PC vs Console, which inevitably leads to the listings of all the ways the PC is superior, and this is generally the half way point where you'll come across most Youtube conversations.

Both PC and Console players start these arguments. Why you only manage to observe PC players in such arguments, or only take offence to their statements, is beyond me.
 

VeneratedWulfen93

New member
Oct 3, 2011
7,060
0
0
Joccaren said:
VeneratedWulfen93 said:
The thing is I have never been subject to a condescending or judging comment while on my course. It seems to be limited to the internet. My class has 60 people in it, all gamers of as diverse a palet as you can think of and we all get on.
This is where the Greater Internet F**wad theory comes in handy. Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = Total F***wad.
People on the Internet complain, its one of the hazards of living here.

We just chat about games regardless but when I get online there are comments detailing ever advantage of PC gaming over and over, people complaining about Let's Play's not being on a PC or how terrible the console version is.
And when I come online there are threads spreading misinformation about PCs, calling everyone who uses them Elitists, claiming that consoles are the best platform out there and that Xbox/PS3 is better than the other, and PC because f*** you that's why.
And no, I'm not talking about this thread, though some of the things I've seen people say here have made me want to bang my head against a wall for 3 hours to escape the lack of understanding and unwillingness to learn some people show.

There are idiots who will react poorly to anything not played on PC on Ultra settings, especially on Youtube. Its worse than 4Chan, Reddit, or anywhere else on the net on Youtube. You go there, there are total f***wads everywhere. Its not just PC gamers though, its console gamers too.

"This game is great, imagine how amazing it would look on the PC" is not an inflammatory comment, its a reasonable statement; the game would look better on the PC, and said person hasn't called the game crap because its not on the PC, hasn't insulted anyone who uses consoles, hasn't decried consoles as useless, they've merely implied that a game could look better on the PC. Yet, all over Youtube, I'll see people get up in arms about the "PC Elitist" who posted said comment, and how they need to get a life and a girlfriend rather than spending $3000 on a new PC, or sitting at home all their life building and upgrading it. And then the argument starts about the advantages of PC vs Console, which inevitably leads to the listings of all the ways the PC is superior, and this is generally the half way point where you'll come across most Youtube conversations.

Both PC and Console players start these arguments. Why you only manage to observe PC players in such arguments, or only take offence to their statements, is beyond me.
I don't have console gamers calling me a blight on the industr for one.
 

Sanat

New member
Apr 7, 2012
149
0
0
OhJohnNo said:
Sanat said:
This is an accidental double-post. How do I delete it?
Ye can't. It remains, forever, a damning indictment of your posting skills. You'll leave to make other posts in other threads, and forget about it... but in a few years, someone will dig it out and bring it up when you're campaigning for being elected and things will really go downhill.

There's only one solution: murder. Murder everyone who could possible have seen this comment. Since everyone oin the Escapist can view this thread, and you can't delete the comment, your course of action is clear: Exterminate the Escapist Forums.
Oh hell and high water. That was my dreaded, yet inevitable response...
I simply wanted to edit my post, but hit quote, shamefully not realising the quotation marks tearing my posting integrity asunder! Alas, for it's too late for retribution now.

The line has been crossed, the deed is done, and the time is nigh.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, and worse actions; yet you bore the bad news, and suggested worse actions, so I must perform worse actions upon you first, bad-news bearer. Such is life.
 

Spearmaster

New member
Mar 10, 2010
378
0
0
VeneratedWulfen93 said:
I guess what I'm trying to say is I feel the gaming community is against me, that somehow me owning a console makes me a stupid or bad person who isn't a gamer and I should be constantly reminded of my systems failures. Is that the plan? Beat down console gamers until they can't take it and buy PC?
Now you know how every PC gamer felt when this gen of consoles came out and console makers and game developers were proclaiming that the PC was a dead platform and was gonna fade out in a few years and every person turned fanboy that bought a new console had to try and grind it in, not just on the internet either, in real life as well, I had a heated discussion over why I bought a new video card, hearing "They are gonna stop making games for PC anyway just buy a 360 instead" from my friend...sigh, I hold no grudge but I guess some PC gamers are just returning the favor to console gamers from when the gaming community and industry was "actually" against us.
What was their plan? Try to beat down PC gamers into submission so they buy a console? Actually that was the plan, it was hatched by console makers and software publishers to try and sell more consoles and make games easier to produce to increase profit, getting you to build a PC for gaming does not really improve sales figures for any one company so I doubt there is an organized plan.
 

BleedingPride

New member
Aug 10, 2009
375
0
0
honestly, people who are like that annoy the shit outta me. suddenly they think they're better than me just because i play on consoles because i dont have the ridiculous amounts of money required to constantly keep my computer up to date on all the latest and greatest gaming hardware. i mean, you buy the console once, you can get all the games for that console. you buy a PC, you're gonna have to spend more money on upgrades. and I'm a hybrid, i play on both PC and consoles, and people like that are just plain stupid.
 

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
5,346
0
0
Hey guys several PC gamers out of millions have said something slightly irritating to me, now let's all spend 15 pages of posts moaning about PC gamers. That's in no way going to undermine any point someone may have started with.
 

RadioactiveMicrobe

New member
Mar 1, 2009
223
0
0
VeneratedWulfen93 said:
"I can't take Roosterteeth seriously when they play on console"
Well, I can't take Rooster Teeth seriously...either? Like, what?

On Topic: I prefer my console in all cases. The only way I'll play on PC is if it's exclusive.

But that's just me. For one, I always prefer a controller to mouse/keyboard. It's just what I know. Heck, when I did plug my controller in for TF2, I was doing just fine against the other players. But again; it's because it's what I'm used to.

Right now, my PC NEEDS anew video card. But in order to do that, I need more wattage. So right now, I can't afford $400+.
 

Jason Rayes

New member
Sep 5, 2012
483
0
0
My PC is my main gaming rig but I have a 360 and a PS3 for stuff I want to play that doesn't make it to PC, or makes it to PC crippled. By the time I got my PS3 it was cheaper to buy it than buy a Blu Ray player. Rather than being elitist about a certain platform, I just like games in general and will play it on whatever platform its best on.
 

Mark Benedict

New member
Nov 11, 2011
10
0
0
I am a PC gamer and have been pretty much have been my whole life. I definitely see the advantages of consoles, though. They are straight-out-of-the-box gaming setups at a lower upfront cost, ready for you and your friends to have fun. Which is what games are supposed to be about.

If that's more important to you than the challenge of building, maintaining and optimizing your setup, then nobody has any business telling you that you've made a wrong choice. You are also not required to listen to them, either. This is the internet.

I also see that consoles are more accessible. All your games use the same basic archetypes of control setups on the same controller. Even in things other than games, such as music and beer, I think that the term "accessible" has a negative connotation to those already "in the know".

Elitism is a great way to kill the thing you love.
 

Joccaren

New member
Mar 29, 2011
2,600
0
0
VeneratedWulfen93 said:
I don't have console gamers calling me a blight on the industr for one.
You do, but more in the form that you're costing Devs too much to make games for because you have 10 bajillion hardware configurations they need to program for, showing a complete and utter lack of knowledge about the subject, as opposed to being told that your system lacks the power or capabilities to allow games to advance beyond what they are now.
Seriously, go on Youtube and just mention that you play on a PC and if you're lucky, you'll get ignored. If you're unlucky you'll get a PC player that's a total prick chest banging 'with' you about how much better PCs are than consoles, and starting a flamewar. If you're more unlucky, you'll get a bunch of console players chest banging together about how bad a person you are for paying $3000 to get a PC that can't play Halo 3 or Uncharted because PCs are shit. Dependent on where on Youtube you go its generally a 60-20-20 split as to what will happen.
 

Shadowstar38

New member
Jul 20, 2011
2,204
0
0
The moral of the story here folks? Fuck off trying to tell someone your platform for games is better and just enjoy your hobby for once.

/thread
 

theonewhois3

New member
Feb 3, 2010
54
0
0
I think we all know what the real issue is here. Console gamers are just upset because they can't play dwarf fortress, be honest.