Left 16 Dead Doesn't Go Very Well

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Left 16 Dead Doesn't Go Very Well

In an age of increasingly large multiplayer modes, why do Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 only offer four-player co-op? ...oh, that's why.

Now, I've been playing quite a bit of Left 4 Dead 2 these past few days, and it's safe to say that I'm enjoying it quite a bit ... but I won't say any more, lest I spoil the experience tomorrow. Crap, I've already said too much!

But in case anyone ever complains to you that the four-player co-op in the Left 4 Dead games - and the only eight-player Versus mode - is way too small, and Valve needs to get with the times because MAG is clearly going to be the best game ever, you should just show them the above video. This is what happens when you hack L4D2 to allow sixteen Survivors to all play together.

Methinks this isn't exactly how Gabe Newell intended the game to be played.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
At least you never have to worry about anyone getting pinned by a hunter.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
I wonder what would happen if a Charger came when they were all next to a window in Dead Center 1.

I imagine it would be hilarious.

Kitacular

Sep 4, 2009
Played something like this on L4D1, and the mod also multiplied the boss zombies by 4. It was insane, being charged by 3 tanks.

Lag sucked, but I had some lols

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
"Methinks this isn't exactly how Gabe Newell intended the game to be played."

And I'm sure Carmak didn't intend Quake to be a way for Newell to fund his Frappuccino habit...

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
Baron Khaine said:
Amnestic said:
At least you never have to worry about anyone getting pinned by a hunter.
In 16 player L4D, Hunter gets pinned by survivor.
Hey... That sounds like an old joke somewhere... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...

In L4D, tank smash you.
In L16D, YOU SMASH TANK!