Left 4 Dead 2 Content Update

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
There's a content update coming for Left 4 Dead 2 on September 24th called "The Last Stand."

Last time the game was updated was 2012, so it's been a while.

The update includes:
  • The Last Stand campaign
  • 30 brand new achievements
  • 26 new survival maps
  • 4 new scavenge maps
  • 2 new melee weapons
  • Left 4 Dead 1 infected skins with functional gore
  • New and unused survivor voice lines
  • New and improved character animations
  • Reworked gun models and animations
This is actually a community made update for the 10th anniversary of the game, but sanctioned by Valve and released as an official update.

I for one didn't realize how much I missed left 4 dead until I heard about this update last week and realized I really wanted to get my friends together to play it.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
That explains why some of my steam friends were all playing it last night, after years of not doing so.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Forgot how incompetent the AI is. Guess I'll try again tomorrow in the day. Or the weekend. Don't wanna wait for people longer.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I last played back in 2010 or so, bar a couple of games about 2013. Those in 2013 were because a Steam friend I'd played with plenty years earlier asked me to play - what seemed odd is that that Steam friend did not communicate with me by voice, and the chat was "odd" for what he was like. I think it was actually one of his sons who was using his account and wanted a teammate, so asked the friends on his dad's account.

Ezekiel

Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Country
United States
Finished the campaign yesterday. Shorter than I expected with just two acts, but felt like a proper campaign instead of another fan level. I'd take another L4D with a new cast over HL3. Just please no loot and upgrades and aim down sights shit.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Finished the campaign yesterday. Shorter than I expected with just two acts, but felt like a proper campaign instead of another fan level. I'd take another L4D with a new cast over HL3. Just please no loot and upgrades and aim down sights shit.
Yeah, I didn't expect it to only be 2 maps (and the second map just incorporate the lighthouse survival map, so not a lot of new assets, but it's pretty fun.

I wasn't a big fan of having to gather gas cans because it feels almost impossible to do with AI since they won't carry anything so that's definitely a downside of the campaign. Rather enjoyed the crane section though.