Left 4 Dead "Survival Pack" DLC Coming This Spring

Kriegsherr

Jan 10, 2009
Keane Ng said:
Yog Sothoth said:
sweet, it's about freakin' time! been waiting for the other two campaigns for versus mode since the game launched.... i just hate that we have to wait for these updates on "Valve time", which seems to run outside of the normal space/time continium that the rest of us humans are confined to....
Valve Time? I prefer Miller Time.
Dude, stop, its Hammertime..

dungeonmaster

Apr 30, 2008
I played a hack of Death Toll versus and that map is NOT infected friendly, there is very few places to spawn and the areas are way to open for a boomer to be effective, though it was PERFECT for a smoker with so many ladders.

dungeonmaster

Apr 30, 2008
Kriegsherr said:
Keane Ng said:
Yog Sothoth said:
sweet, it's about freakin' time! been waiting for the other two campaigns for versus mode since the game launched.... i just hate that we have to wait for these updates on "Valve time", which seems to run outside of the normal space/time continium that the rest of us humans are confined to....
Valve Time? I prefer Miller Time.
Dude, stop, its Hammertime..
Actually its HOGGER time

whyarecarrots

Nov 19, 2008
Apparently the PCGamer column about Survival Mode gave details on the best times achieved by Valve's devs.

The average was 8 minutes, the best 9 minutes...

That's the dev's time... how are we mere mortals going to fare... (given that it can apparently throw two tanks at you at onces, probably not very well...)

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
whyarecarrots said:
Apparently the PCGamer column about Survival Mode gave details on the best times achieved by Valve's devs.

The average was 8 minutes, the best 9 minutes...

That's the dev's time... how are we mere mortals going to fare... (given that it can apparently throw two tanks at you at onces, probably not very well...)
Your average team? I'd say about 4 minutes.
Your average team with me on? 30 seconds before I incapacitate everyone by mistake *cough*.

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure whether or not my nerves can handle Survival. I'm alredy so pumped up during Versus' and Expert Campaigns that I shoot at anything that moves. In the expert campaign case that tends to be Bill. He looks like one of them, damnit!

Also, one tank is quite enough for me, thanks. I find myself quite often getting hit by the damn thing and go flying off the nearest ledge. That is, if I know where he's coming from. If I don't, which is usually the case, I get hit by a car.

Don't bring me for your zombie apocalypses people.