Left Behind Games Accused of Scam

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
rhizhim said:
and left behind 4?

how many fucking raptures does god plan?
Well you see, the pearly gates can only handle so many people at once before St. Peter and his crew go on strike; budget cuts and the removal of the ping pong table from the break room have not helped this. Management, in it's infinite wisdom, opted that instead of doing the rapture all at once they'd have to roll out the apocalypse in an incremental series, or the "4 Patches of the Apocalypse" as it's come to be called around the office.

Now the IT department wasn't particularly happy about this as, according to them, it would be far more efficient to just hire on some temp workers at the gates rather than have to debug existence between each patch. In a worst case scenario they say that an exploit might be created in the laws of physics and cause interstellar travel to become possible, allowing people to travel to content areas they've yet to fully implement.[footnote]Mars was supposed to be a 40 million person raid dungeon before the boss discovered Minecraft and ordered the entire planet to be rebuilt from the ground up to be his multiplayer server.[/footnote]

Then of course the rumors started up when a guy started telling people that he got an all access preview of what the update is going to be. The fan wiki quickly got filled with the most incredible hogwash; an anti-christ, rivers of fire, a 7 headed dragon that eats babies, and something about the boss killing Stan from HR. Initially management wanted the rumors put down, but PR said to let it ride because it was generating hype among the fans that was good for business. Rumblings around the office say it's only going to piss people off when they find out it's really just a routine server migration and balancing update.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
Is anybody else actually a little surprised by how high quality the game appears? Of course it looks at least a decade old and probably plays like shit, but compared to most of the games that come out of these fundamentalist Christian groups it seems surprisingly competent.

It's a shame the groups who this game is appealing towards mostly hate videogames.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
"We're Christians and we make mild-to-seriously intolerant dreck based on the work of a hateful religious douchebag! LET'S EMBEZZLE OUR WAY TO WEALTH!"

You hear that? I think it's all the generally pacific deities in all of Humanity's pantheons facepalming. Gautama Buddha's trying to drain a bottle of Drano and Jesus is hogging the sleeping pills, I think.

Not that anyone cares, right? Tim LaHaye's rich!

Seriously, though; this is disgusting.

MortisLegio

Nov 5, 2008
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Ugh...

This is one of those topics no wins.

Step 1: Stupid greedy people do stupid greedy things, using religion as a weapon.
Step 2: People point out how stupid they are
Step 3: People who don't like religion point out the use of religion as a weapon.
Step 4: People who REALLY don't like religion dog pile on the previous point.
Step 5: Religious people get highly offended at the level of Step 4.
Step 6: Religious people make same counter generalizations people in step 4 against non-religious people.
Step 7: Moderators cry themselves to sleep.
Sadly, that is how it always happens.

OT: So two guys try to make money by lying. What else is new?

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
rhizhim said:
and left behind 4?

how many fucking raptures does god plan?
The books were based on events after the Rapture. Basically, given that Tim LaHaye is a pre-tribulationist, that means he had seven years worth of material to cover.

piinyouri said:
Did anyone see the live action adaptations with that smug cad Kirk Cameron?
*Looks down shamefully* Yes I did, though not by my choice. Believe it or not, he was one of the only bearable actors in the movies...of course, it doesn't redeem the scene with him witnessing to someone by quoting the TV show he does with Ray Comfort.

OT: I read the books, and they were bad. I watched the movies, and they were insanely bad. And after all that, I still decided to play the game...It was worse. Sort of interesting to see that it got turned into a scam, though. So much for being the upright citizens bringing Christian games into a "dark" industry.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
Apparently, my faith doesn't have a bad enough reputation as it is. Thanks guys, I'm sure Jesus is real proud of you.

On the plus side, this basically means they won't be making anymore games, right?

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
MysticSlayer said:
*Looks down shamefully* Yes I did, though not by my choice. Believe it or not, he was one of the only bearable actors in the movies...of course, it doesn't redeem the scene with him witnessing to someone by quoting the TV show he does with Ray Comfort.
Oh..man. The Master's Way.
That show was SOOOO bad. Just....soooo fucking awful.
And this isn't a christian hate thing trust me, I've seen a number of christian based shows and movies that were not bad, but Master's Way should have been retitled "Ray and Kirk Badger Random People On The Street". :p

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
I'm more a fan of Left Behind 2: Electric Boogaloo than the others personally...

OT: I don't really see this as a "get pissed" event. It's more of an "Oh you guys...you cray cray" kind of event...

lycanthrope008

Aug 24, 2010
Mortis Nuncius said:
So, the company cooked their books and, in the process, their goose.

Seems justice will be served with white wine today.
Single best line I have seen so far for this post and I though this company closed after the first game

flarty

Apr 26, 2012
rhizhim said:
flarty said:
CriticalMiss said:
Christians lying for profit? Who'd have thunk it!
As George Galloway said, they believe in the profits, not the prophets.
so cristians are .... FERENGI?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/QuarkDS9.jpg
Honestly not a bad comparison.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/archbishop-of-canterbury-confesses-churchs-wonga-investments-are-very-embarrassing-says-welby-8732806.html

DataSnake

Aug 5, 2009
lacktheknack said:
Yet <link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/326.828966-A-Religiously-Charged-Review-of-Captain-Bible-in-Dome-of-Darkness>Captain Bible, an actually good piece of Christian edutainment, is washed away without sequels in the FPS flood and the parent company has been reduced to cheap knockoff Christian DVDs to survive.

There's no justice in this world.
Here's an idea: the good Captain can be a boss in the next Bayonetta or Darksiders game.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
So they couldn't even produce more than two movies based on the series, but somehow the game that earned literally nothing but ridicule and couldn't even sell copies to the books' fans (I'm not kidding; I still see copies of the two movies on DVD in Christian book stores, but never once did I see a copy of the game) managed to crank out three sequels?

Honestly, if you'd told me that earlier, I'd have suspected something was amiss even before this news broke.

OlasDAlmighty said:
Is anybody else actually a little surprised by how high quality the game appears? Of course it looks at least a decade old and probably plays like shit, but compared to most of the games that come out of these fundamentalist Christian groups it seems surprisingly competent.
Just how many others are there?