Left Behind is Final Story DLC for The Last of Us

BlameTheWizards

Jun 1, 2009
Left Behind is Final Story DLC for The Last of Us

Multiplayer DLC will continue to be released, but the Feb. 14 add-on will be the final chapter in the game's story.

Story-based content for PS3 hit The Last of Us will conclude with the upcoming Left Behind DLC, Naughty Dog's community strategist confirmed on the European PlayStation Blog. "There's multiplayer DLC up next. We don't have any more single player DLC planned," Eric Monacelli wrote in the blog's comment section. Monacelli stated that the DLC would be of a sizable length, depending on difficulty, and that new music was being recorded for it as well.

We already know that the Feb. 14 DLC <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131297-The-Last-of-Us-Left-Behind-DLC-Will-Be-More-Playful>will feature Ellie and her best friend, Riley before the apocalyptic events of the main story and that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131568-The-Last-of-Us-Left-Behind-DLC-to-Feature-Multi-Faction-Combat>multi-faction combat will figure into the game.

How does this news sit with you, fans? Do you think Naughty Dog will give the critically-acclaimed title the send-off it deserves, or are there still more stories you want to hear told in the game's world?

Source: DualShockers

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'll definately be checking this out, but I'm a bit anxious this might upset the balance of the main game's story.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
I'll definately be checking this out, but I'm a bit anxious this might upset the balance of the main game's story.
I'm sure Naughty Dog is making sure to have a good ending for the story.

I'm sure they don't want a Mass Effect 3 ending fiasco on their hands.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Saying that this will conclude the single player story based DLC makes it sound like there was other single player DLC. Which, unless I completely missed something, there isn't.

I'll pick this up for sure. I'm a bit sad that they're only doing one story DLC and the rest is going to be multiplayer, but that's what they've done with Uncharted so it's not a big surprise. I also don't want them to drag this thing out until it gets stale either.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Wow am I glad I didn't pick up the Season Pass for this game. I have zero interest in the multiplayer crap so that saved me $5 at least :)

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
What do you mean "final" story DLC? This is the only one they are going to release!

Mik Sunrider

Dec 21, 2013
The marketing people must have their games confuse or something, final story? Right ...

I betting there will be a sequel of some kind, maybe not with Joel or Ellie but a game that does this well isn't going to be the only one.

Anyways, can't wait ... interested in how Ellie got infected. Wonder if it was Riley that bit her?

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
marioandsonic said:
Casual Shinji said:
I'm sure Naughty Dog is making sure to have a good ending for the story.

I'm sure they don't want a Mass Effect 3 ending fiasco on their hands.
It is a prequel to the main story, not a sequel. So the stories ending isn't going to change at all.

OT: Well if there was ever a reason to not buy Season Passes, this is it. The DLC sounds interesting, but like most people, I didn't get the game for it's multiplayer.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Looking forward to seeing more of Ellies past, we already know about why Joel is Joel. Its always nice to see the other side of the duo, especially seeing as El was one of the more interesting characters I encountered last year.

Feb 14th.....the same day as Lightning Returns.

I hate having 2 games on the same day that I want.to play. I guess it's time to flip a coin.

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
Mik Sunrider said:
The marketing people must have their games confuse or something, final story? Right ...

I betting there will be a sequel of some kind, maybe not with Joel or Ellie but a game that does this well isn't going to be the only one.

Anyways, can't wait ... interested in how Ellie got infected. Wonder if it was Riley that bit her?
Which is a shame - as great as it was, I really don't want them to make a sequel. The story feels complete. I don't know what else could happen to Joel or Ellie that needs to be said. They could use completely different characters, but the base setting is basically just zombies. Unless they had another great story with well-developed characters already in mind that just didn't fit into the original story. Maybe they had plenty of ideas for Riley already but there wasn't a feasible way to work that into the plot, and thus we get this instead.

As for Riley biting Ellie; I doubt that's the case. Remember Ellies conversation was Joel at the end? She mentioned that they decided to "lose their minds together", which means they likely got bit around the same time.