Legend of Grimrock Review

suitepee7

I can smell sausage rolls
Dec 6, 2010
Pigeon_Grenade said:
suitepee7 said:
Pigeon_Grenade said:
i wonder myself, how long the game Actually is?
i'm a total newcomer to grid-based gameplay, so i might suck in comparison, but it has kept me going for about 4-5 hours, and i'm around halfway. finding and solving all the secrets adds a lot of time to it, and different playstyles will add a couple of replays.

in short, worth the money if you can get into it.
if one Replays the game, does it Randomize the Dungeon?
not to my knowledge. some of the enemies might change, but the layout can't due to the nature of the puzzles

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
Bought Grimrock on impulse as it only cost ?10 on Steam.
I've never played games like this before, but so far I have loved every minute it.

Hell, I might even pick some of the classics of the genre because of it.

The devs deserve all the success and prise they are now getting.

Cranky_Gamer

Apr 8, 2011
bobstone said:
so off-topic quick like, would you use an in-game mapper ? assuming it had a good user interface appropriate to the games mapping needs? in the case of this game it would be simplicity it self to create and use I would think since it is grid based.
For games like this I would love that feature. I'm assuming at some point the developers will expand the game with another dungeon, if that happens I'm planning on playing it in old-school mode, but personally I would prefer to be able to open a blank map book in game and draw directly to that than having to keep a stack of graph paper on hand.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I love this game. I just don't understand why every thinks you are "exploiting the enemy AI" when you are kiting a monster around a grid. It was intended to be this way, you are not exploiting it. As you go on and face more and more enemies, you don't even have this choice sometimes. At the beginning, just standing around and facing the enemies can get you killed rather easily.