Legend of Korra Book 4 Premiere Surprisingly Close

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Legend of Korra Book 4 Premiere Surprisingly Close

It's only been a few weeks since the Legend of Korra book 3 finale, but book 4 will premiere October 3.

The fourth and final season of the video on Nick.com. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/legend%20of%20korra]

This is a quick turnaround considering the previous season finished airing August 22 with the last two episodes of book 3. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/tvrecaps/korra/12150-Legend-of-Korra-Book-Three-Finale-Review-Enter-the-Void-and-Veno]

Book 4 will be called Balance. The video also reveals the title for the fourth chapter of this season will be called "The Calling."

New episodes of book 4 will air every Friday on Nick.com and the Nick app. Nick moved new Korra episodes off the air to be distributed online only [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136348-Legend-of-Korra-Moving-to-Digital-for-Last-Five-Episodes] in the middle of the third season as ratings declined.

So far, clips from both book 3 and some that haven't been in the show yet. [http://www.ibtimes.com/legend-korra-book-4-spoilers-was-season-4-kuvira-scene-accidentally-leaked-nickelodeon-1678712]

This will be the shortest break between seasons for Legend of Korra. The series creators had teased that the final season would air "soon," [http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/96792416232/korranation-get-ready-soon] but no one expected it to be this soon.

Source: Nick.com [http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/digital-short-legend-of-korra-uploader-special-announcement.html]

DeepReaver

Feb 25, 2009
Yeesh, this does not bode well. I am excited to see how it all ends but nick seems like they want to kill off avatar after having Korra under-preform and the movie bomb... Given the production woes that the series has undergone, it really seems like from the start nick wanted it all to come crashing down...

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
This is a very bitter-sweet announcement. It's great we're getting more Korra much sooner than expected. But it's absolute garbage its over so soon and that it looks like Nickelodeon is just pushing it out the door to get it over with. God forbid they support their one good show (in terms of quality, not ratings) to actually get good ratings. They pulled the same shit with Airbender when it took so long for Season 3 to air and the scheduling was just as inconsistent.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
SilverUchiha said:
This is a very bitter-sweet announcement. It's great we're getting more Korra much sooner than expected. But it's absolute garbage its over so soon and that it looks like Nickelodeon is just pushing it out the door to get it over with. God forbid they support their one good show (in terms of quality, not ratings) to actually get good ratings. They pulled the same shit with Airbender when it took so long for Season 3 to air and the scheduling was just as inconsistent.
I remember that, it's when they lost me as a viewer.

At this point I figure I'll wait till everything is done, then buy the dvd collection.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
I think we should just rejoice that all seasons of Legend of Korra are online right now. I was already re-watching season 3 but now I have to do all of them.

I will be very sad when the show ends. I don't know how the series can continue, but it was good while it lasted. The era of extended more avatar basically. I never expected to get anything after Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Like others, I'm concerned. This makes me worry about the animation quality. Will they not have the budget? And what about future Avatar series? I'd love to see more Avatar stories with future Avatars.

How would the next Fire Nation Avatar fare? Would he feel a lot of weight on his shoulders considering the legacy of Roku was failing to stop the 100 Year War?

Will the next Air Nomad Avatar be a descendant of Aang? And considering what was implied at the end of Book 3, how would the Air Nomads bring up a new Avatar?

Can there ever be a Earth Bending Avatar that could be more awesome than Toph?

What role will the Avatar play in a world where technology seems to be advancing and how will the Spirits react as things progress?

This is a series which can tell near infinite tales and has a rich world. I'd hate to see it vanish. I suppose we'll always have Aang and Korra, but I'd like to see more.

As for Season Four, I'd see Suyin as a potential villain. Her right hand man was working for Zaheer. She also gave a very odd expression when it was revealed that he was the traitor. She also stated a dislike for the Earth Queen and some people even think she had ties to Zaheer due to a very odd picture that seems to show a young Suyin riding on the shoulder of a man who could pass for Zaheer's twin.

Though, it could be anyone.

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Wow. I expected it would be sooner, but I did not expect this. I mean, it's true that it doesn't show a lot of love on Nick's part, but this was meant to be the final season anyway and it remains intact. We're still getting our Korra, just quicker and with less publicity.

Also, given the odd focus on Kuvira at the end of Book Four, we knew she'd be back. Just one more mind bending reminder that she is voiced by Zelda Williams, daughter of Robin Williams.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Glad that the book is coming out, sad that Nick has been shitting all over this series.

Hopefully the comics will continue to get released, because they've been REALLY REALLY good.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
-Dragmire- said:
SilverUchiha said:
I remember that, it's when they lost me as a viewer.

At this point I figure I'll wait till everything is done, then buy the dvd collection.
Agreed. I started watching everything online on third-party sites until recently (mostly because I didn't have my own cable when I moved out from home). But still bought the DVDs to support the show. Still having a hell of a time finding Airbender Book 3 and Korra Book 1.

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Hopefully Nick will let them make another avatar series that has an Earth bender.

buttonsandzips

Jul 12, 2014
Given the shoddy writing and low view count, it isn't surprising they want it to end. I do too; at least then no more of my hope and expectations will be shattered.

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
buttonsandzips said:
Given the shoddy writing and low view count, it isn't surprising they want it to end. I do too; at least then no more of my hope and expectations will be shattered.
Shoddy writing? You, sir, have made a sworn enemy this day.

And it's no freaking wonder view count is so low. They didn't advertise the show hardly at all and it took me by complete surprise when I found out the third season had even freaking started. By the time I found out I was already so far behind I decided to wait for reruns rather than be lost and confused. They've been trying to bury the show for a while, back even before it had low ratings.

SNCommand

Aug 29, 2011
buttonsandzips said:
I found the equalist

buttonsandzips

Jul 12, 2014
SNCommand said:
buttonsandzips said:
I found the equalist
Hey, they had genuine concerns! Shame they dropped that story line; it had potential for real world relevance.

Happiness Assassin

Oct 11, 2012
Book 4 will be called Balance. The video also reveals the title for the fourth chapter of this season will be called "The Calling."
Looks like she is off to the Deep Roads to die in glorious last stand.

But seriously, did Christmas come early this year? I am happy and all that it is coming out so soon, but why so soon?

Matey

Jun 25, 2008
buttonsandzips said:
I thought Season 3 was the best all around season of Korra yet. I agree the equalist thing from season 1 had a lot of potential but ended kinda weak with the reveal of the big bad kinda killing off the movement. Oh well. I'm looking forward to season 4.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Weee! I'm excited to hear this.

Now please keep your fingers crossed that Nickelodeon will release Season 3 and 4 on Blu-ray as well.
I live in Europe and can only watch the series via import. And I definately want to support the team that made this great series. Just release it and I'll buy it instantly.

EDIT: Oh, I just looked at Amazon. Didn't realize Season 3 will be released on December, 3rd already :D