Legend of Korra Moving to Digital for Last Five Episodes

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Legend of Korra Moving to Digital for Last Five Episodes

[a href="http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/772/772686.jpg"]

TheSYLOH

Feb 5, 2010
A show premieres almost suddenly on the Friday night death slot, after a sub-par season... and it doesn't do well...
WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

But its good that its showing up online again, I don't have cable tv.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
About as effective as Fox's scheduling. Lots of shows died not for poor ratings... sometimes. But the fact nobody knew what time it was on. No, let's focus on Sponge Bob some more, some show about a boy and a snake, and two... bird things delivering bread... THOSE ARE THE REAL SHOWS ON NICK!

epicdwarf

Apr 9, 2014
Yeah Nick screws over shows like this all the time. If a show is not named sponge-bob or is not a shitty comedy, then it ends up dead. Avatar was one of the few exceptions to this rule.
CN has also done this too. Anyone remember what happened to Symbiotic Titan?

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
dragongit said:
About as effective as Fox's scheduling. Lots of shows died not for poor ratings... sometimes. But the fact nobody knew what time it was on. No, let's focus on Sponge Bob some more, some show about a boy and a snake, and two... bird things delivering bread... THOSE ARE THE REAL SHOWS ON NICK!
That's the problem with Nickelodeon. Korra seems to be their only show that's marketed toward older audiences like teens. The rest of their shows are marketed to younger children like 6-10 year olds.

I think they might be having an identity crisis.

Captcha: What the ****? The captcha is asking for my email address.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
epicdwarf said:
Yeah Nick screws over shows like this all the time. If a show is not named sponge-bob or is not a shitty comedy, then it ends up dead. Avatar was one of the few exceptions to this rule.
That was more due to no one wanting to make toys based off of it.

OT: They treated Invader Zim the same way. Least there's a script for the series finale for Zim.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Well needless to say I'm pissed, so much for any chance of book four coming out at all. I swear Nick has done everything they can to get rid of this show short of killing the whole damn cast on it, you couldn't even catch up with the series with on-demand or anything like it either if you missed an episode. Guess it's embarrassing to have something good on their network with all the crap they have on there these days.

OT: So what sites might it show up on? Cause is if's some pay site I'm just waiting for the dvd to appear then.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
RaikuFA said:
epicdwarf said:

OT: They treated Invader Zim the same way. Least there's a script for the series finale for Zim.
I dunno why but I could totally see Japan selling Avatar Figurines or something like adult collector toys.

MasterBetty

May 21, 2009
Veldie said:
RaikuFA said:
epicdwarf said:

I dunno why but I could totally see Japan selling Avatar Figurines or something like adult collector toys.
Actually Japan isn't keen when it comes to Avatar. I'm sure the parallels between the Fire Nation and Imperialistic Japan have absolutely nothing to do with it.

On topic, this makes me very sad. I had gotten so spoiled on two episodes a week and now they are taking it away.

Countdown to SDCC panel commencing.

Supdupadog

Feb 23, 2010
At least it's not being shoved into a 4AM thing like Symbiotic Titan.

Though honestly I checked out of Korra at the start of season 2. That it hit hard times seems fitting to me after whatever the hell was going on then.

Well needless to say I'm pissed, so much for any chance of book four coming out at all.
Last I heard, Book quatro was in the renewal contract.

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
*gasp* Oh no! Please don't let this be another animated series that's cancelled without an ending. Didn't you learn anything from Samurai Jack or the new Thundercats? It seems like the stuff that features a kind of continuity isn't wanted anymore.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I said this when Book 1 came out...
KORRA NEEDS TO BE ON 'THE HUB'!

Because, the days of Nick hosting cartoons that aren't for the those under 5 or higher than 80s during the 80s...
Just don't exist anymore.

Hell, even Cartoon Network has more diverse programing than Nick does.
>_>

HOPEFULLY this means Book 4, which was suppose to be in production anyways, will be moved to another network that actually CARES about their shows.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
And thus creative vision and potential is squashed underneath the boot of Captain Business Suit. I'd hate to see this series go the way of Young Justice or the Thundercats reboot, potentially great/good shows undermined by the lack of closure.

Supposedly Season 4 is still already greenlit, but the fact that the season is 13 episodes long as opposed to say 20 doesn't paint the prettiest picture.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
But.. The third season is really really good! I've yet to dislike any of the episodes.. Even Korra herself is more likeable now.

Nick is weird.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I guess I can't fully blame them per say due to their episodes getting leak (they must of gotten butthurt alot) and what nots but still this isn't the first time when a cartoon get screwed by their network (poor Young Justice).

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Man, I hope they still get to finish what they started. I'm too invested in this show to be left hanging by funding problems.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Supdupadog said:
At least it's not being shoved into a 4AM thing like Symbiotic Titan.

Though honestly I checked out of Korra at the start of season 2. That it hit hard times seems fitting to me after whatever the hell was going on then.

Well needless to say I'm pissed, so much for any chance of book four coming out at all.
Last I heard, Book quatro was in the renewal contract.
I really hope so, still uneasy that they might try and weasel their way out of making it. It's a damn shame, season three so far has been great, way better than season two was.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Can't say that I am sad to see this show dying as I think that it has just been one massive fuck up (especially the way they have treated some of the characters from the last airbender) but I do feel for the many people who like the show. It always sucks when a show gets screwed over by their network and for what its worth fans of LoK, while I don't share your love of the show, you do have my sympathy for what it is worth.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
This is why cable is dying. Networks treat praised shows like garbage, putting them in the Friday night death slot, and relying on the archaic Neilsen ratings for all of their shows while ignoring the fact that people lap up them legally online whenever possible. I don't have cable at my tv, so I watched Book 1 and 2 from the Nick site and Book 3 from the upstairs DVR. It didn't matter either way I watched the show; the ads would be muted/ignored/insulted with foul language anyway, but the advertisers "got they're message out".

Nick has been especially on edge about this one. Female lead? "Might not work with the young boys." Older cast? "Might not work younger audience in general?" Ratings down from a slightly underwhelming second season and first six episodes leaked online in Spanish from the Latin American Nick site? "Just do 2 every week until it's over, so we can get back to being called the 24 hour Spongebob channel."

I really hope book 4 really is in the works and Nick doesn't try to weasel there way out of it. The only good I think can come of this is finding out Nick decided Korra does have a big fanbase that just watches it online instead of 7pm on Friday and decided the best direction to take it without canceling it outright was solely online. Maybe that will set a precedent for other networks like Fox to not cancel that Friday night cult show just because the latest Neilsen sweep showed low numbers, when the show's real potential is being available online.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
I'm sure CN would love to pick this up. Considering they like action shows, and they haven't had any good ones since Symbiotic Titian was cancelled.

I feel a little guilty though, I haven't been watching much TV lately, Korra included. The internet is just too tempting these days.