Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Pabst

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
I was already to call you up on the whole "Terminator/Ballad of the Wind Fish" thing, but I just listened to it and WHAT THE HELL.

My childhood has been retroactively damaged.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
As somebody who has never played a Zelda game, I can honestly say that this one went straight over my head.

I'd be lying if I said it made me wish to play one though.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Legion said:
As somebody who has never played a Zelda game, I can honestly say that this one went straight over my head.

I'd be lying if I said it made me wish to play one though.
It's a pretty basic booze joke to be honest. The triforce is divided into power wisdom and courage. Zelda gets Wisdom, Ganon power, and Link Courage. And how he has the triforce of liquid courage.

ZexionSephiroth

Apr 7, 2011
Drunken Heroes are getting younger and younger...

...And more cartoony apparently.

Who knows, maybe it's circling round and becoming charming again this way?

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
I...*hic* I thwere... every... Everyday... everywhe we go... she'th always *hic* she'th always "heeeeeey lissssen, heeeeeey lissssen"... It'th like...I... I ALWEADY KNOW *****! I alweady know! *hic*
You, sir, have out-joked the joke and therefore win this thread.

snekadid

Lord of the Salt
Mar 29, 2012
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
DVS BSTrD said:
I...*hic* I thwere... every... Everyday... everywhe we go... she'th always *hic* she'th always "heeeeeey lissssen, heeeeeey lissssen"... It'th like...I... I ALWEADY KNOW *****! I alweady know! *hic*
I second this motion.

Link's awakening is a great game, I really wish that with all the re-releases they would put that one on digital distribution. What other game lets you walk a Chain chomp so that it could eat your enemies?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, Link's Awakening is definitely my favourite Zelda game.
I played that game to death on my step-dad's Gameboy, and later my Gameboy Colour.

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
LINK! You're not old enough to get into the Milk Bar, how did you get that?

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
my favorite zelda too, by virtue of being the only one i finished since i never owned a nintendo console and the ones for the ds apparently suck.

and you know what was worse than the ending? the bird you got for the 7(?) dungeon just being gone when you finish, i loved that thing

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
snekadid said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
DVS BSTrD said:
I second this motion.

Link's awakening is a great game, I really wish that with all the re-releases they would put that one on digital distribution. What other game lets you walk a Chain chomp so that it could eat your enemies?
It's on the 3DS Virtual Console store right now. They made a huge deal of it at E3 when it was the 25th anniversary of Zelda =)

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
snekadid said:
Lvl 64 Klutz said:
DVS BSTrD said:
I second this motion.

It's on the 3DS eShop for something like £5.39 or something stupid like that. Seriously why not just £5?...

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Man, I forgot what a fucked up game that was. Didn't it end up all being a dream anyway, and you woke up on a different beach and were like "guys, I had the craziest...actually fuck it, my waking life involves throwing boomerangs at pig monsters so I can rescue a princess. Never mind"

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Well I guess that make sense where he got the courage from, he was drunk most of the time!

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
I would have had less of a problem with the ending of Link's Awakening if instead of waking up clinging to a piece of debris from a shipwreck you actually did wake up from a drunken blackout. Seriously the end of that game pissed me off.