Lego Black Ops Spills Tons of Lego Blood

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Lego Black Ops Spills Tons of Lego Blood

You might cringe more while watching these Lego people get stabbed in the neck than you did while playing Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Custard Productions does some Call of Duty: Black Ops [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101985-Guns-and-Lego-Bricks-Build-Epic-Shootout], this is what it'd look like.

Custard's one-and-a-half minute Lego Black Ops video is a brutal look at the dark side of Legos. While not flying the Lego Castle [http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Ultimate-Collectors-Millennium-Falcon/dp/B000WLW3W0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1292294385&sr=8-2], Lego people are stabbing each other in the neck, blowing off each other's heads with shotguns, and tossing grenades at anything that moves. They're a very unstable people.

Rest assured, Lego people were harmed in the making of this video. I know these are just plastic men, but something about this Lego Black Ops video is a little disturbing. Maybe it's the fact that icons of my childhood are shooting themselves in the face?

Still, Custard's animation work is really well done, and very cool. Lego Black Ops has action, suspense, humor, and plenty of gross Lego blood. Were Lego Black Ops an actual game, I would play it, but I'm not sure Lego's owners will ever want to take the property in this gory direction. Their loss.

Source: GameInformer [http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/12/13/lego-black-ops-is-gorier-than-the-game.aspx]

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
who would cringe at this?
but yeah this pretty much sums up black ops

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Saw this yesterday and it was awesome. This guy can make fantastic lego stop-motions!

Ziggy109

Feb 20, 2010
Black Ops? More like Block Ops!

... I'm not too late, am I? Did someone already make that joke?

Daniel_Rosamilia

Jan 17, 2008
This is, without a doubt, just

I went over to his channel and watched some of the other stuff he's done, and it's amazing.
I will admit, I'd like to see him do the last bit in the Russian part of World at War, where
Petrenko gets shot, then Reznov dives in and machetes the bastard and kicks him off the roof of the Reichstag.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Huh? Why would I cringe at this? This is how I played with Lego. The cops used to bust into drug deals going down and a shootout would occur, innocent bystanders would be shot, and then OH SHIT The fucking EMPIRE Strikes back.

Anyways, that was pretty awesome.

AssassinJoe

Oct 1, 2010
Ziggy109 said:
Black Ops? More like Block Ops!

... I'm not too late, am I? Did someone already make that joke?
Don't worry, no one made that joke, in fact, no one wants to make that joke, because it's a bad joke.

In fact, just for making such a bad joke, I'm going to send my evil army of robots to attsck you.

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Very, very cool. I reminded me the the good ol'times with my own legos.. except not as cool and without awesome guns accessories.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
LEGO really needs to get in on this. They've been doing franchise games lately, but none that are this action-y.

Also, I am totally jealous of his Lego arsenal. I know he made a few of the guns custom, and that's impressive even without mad stop-motion skills.

Angnor

Nov 11, 2010
The video was great, but I have to disagree with the articles conclusion. Not really a loss to not see Lego do this.

At least not quite the way this was done.