LEGO City Undercover Review

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009

Police work has never been so much fun.

Read Full Article

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
This is the third or fourth review I've found so far for this and I'm really glad it's getting over-all good reviews! I can't wait to grab this one and get back into gaming on my U. Hopefully this'll mark the end of the Wii U game drought. Hopefully the Dinosaur-riding section in this game doesn't turn into the Star Destroyer segment from Force Unleashed 1 (doesn't look like that's the case though, thank goodness)

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
This is the only Wii U exclusive that I would actually like to play. Lets hope that they make a sequel or something that gets launched on other systems too.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Shoggoth2588 said:
This is the third or fourth review I've found so far for this and I'm really glad it's getting over-all good reviews! I can't wait to grab this one and get back into gaming on my U. Hopefully this'll mark the end of the Wii U game drought. Hopefully the Dinosaur-riding section in this game doesn't turn into the Star Destroyer segment from Force Unleashed 1 (doesn't look like that's the case though, thank goodness)
Yeah it's this and then a port of a 3DS game in may and then....

Well there's Pikmin 3 thats kinda "Q3" and a bunch of other stuff thats "Q3" and holiday-season....

Man my Wii U is just sat there doing not much of anything since I beat Mario Bros U.

Edit: Will probably be picking this up once the price drops below £40 and/or I get a god damn job.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Uh, are those... the Mythbusters?
http://cdn.escapistmagazine.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/443/443628.jpg

I can't unsee it now!

UberPubert

Jun 18, 2012
Huh... That enlarged pic just made me realize they had crotches.

I mean, I'm sure it'd look weird if there was just empty space there instead, but still. Lego crotches.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Capitano Segnaposto said:
SkarKrow said:
Shoggoth2588 said:

Well there's Pikmin 3 thats kinda "Q3" and a bunch of other stuff thats "Q3" and holiday-season....

Man my Wii U is just sat there doing not much of anything since I beat Mario Bros U.

Edit: Will probably be picking this up once the price drops below £40 and/or I get a god damn job.
You will have to beat New Super Mario Bros U all over again, once the Luigi DLC is out.

Well we also have Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate coming out soon too. So we will get SOME games. It would be better if some of these damned games that are coming out on other systems would of had a port.
That Luigi DLC will hopefully be awesome, fromw hat they said it's more an expansion than plain DLC, hope it's well priced.

Monster Hunter ain't really my thing sadly ):

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
josemlopes said:
This is the only Wii U exclusive that I would actually like to play. Lets hope that they make a sequel or something that gets launched on other systems too.
Indeed, I won't buy a console, but I am attracted to this one game...hoping for a multiplatform sequel as well.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
SkarKrow said:
SkarKrow said:
Shoggoth2588 said:

You will have to beat New Super Mario Bros U all over again, once the Luigi DLC is out.

Well we also have Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate coming out soon too. So we will get SOME games. It would be better if some of these damned games that are coming out on other systems would of had a port.
That Luigi DLC will hopefully be awesome, fromw hat they said it's more an expansion than plain DLC, hope it's well priced.

Monster Hunter ain't really my thing sadly ):
The Luigi DLC will be free, I believe. At least right away. I still haven't bought NSMBU. I did however get NSMB2 and if NSMBU is anything like it... I will be disappointed. So far NSMB2 kinda... sucks for a Mario game.
I found it a lot more fun than NSMB2. It felt larger and more fun, there's more stages I think and they feel bigger and more well designed, it's also a bit harder, not hard, but I finished NSMB2 with over 300 lives and NSMBU with around 80.

Felt more like Super Mario World.

Also, graphics don't make the game but it bears weight that the game is fucking GORGEOUS.

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Quaxar said:
http://cdn.escapistmagazine.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/443/443628.jpg

I can't unsee it now!
That's actually from an early mission and one of my favorite parts. You visit a prison to get info on your nemesis Rex, and the whole time it's riffing a bit on The Shawshank Redemption and Morgan Freeman's character from that film.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I WISH I could play this game, but the WiiU isn't worth it for now.

Rangarig

Dragon in disguise
Apr 19, 2010
WMDogma said:

Police work has never been so much fun.

Read Full Article
Really nice article and review, Paul. I have three questions though:

• [li]Is there any multi-player/co-op component to the game? What has really sold the LEGO games for me in the past is the jump-in/jump-out multiplayer.[/li]
    [li]Is this a system seller? Is this sooo good, that you would want to own a Wii U for it?[/li]
    [li]Is this going to remain a Wii U exclusive, or can we expect it on PC or other consoles?[/li]

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
This is the Lego game they should have made in the first place, instead of... wait... yep- every other lego game ever made.

Now bring it to PC, and then make a Lego Pirates game that has nothing do do with Pirates of the Caribbean already.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
WMDogma said:
Quaxar said:

I can't unsee it now!
That's actually from an early mission and one of my favorite parts. You visit a prison to get info on your nemesis Rex, and the whole time it's riffing a bit on The Shawshank Redemption and Morgan Freeman's character from that film.
Oh come on, that's the perfect setting for a "can you escape prison with balloons?" myth!