LEGO Harry Potter Game In The Works?

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
LEGO Harry Potter Game In The Works?

Listen up muggles: it looks like Harry, Hagrid, Hermione, and a hell of a lot of other Hogwarts hooligans are going to get the LEGO videogame treatment.

Details are extremely scant, but CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=202831] is reporting this week the next movie in line to get re-made in LEGO form for gaming systems is none other than the famous Harry Potter. The UK gaming site cites unnamed sources and provides no other information, but the rumor is entirely plausible.

Developer Traveller's Tales has already cranked out LEGO game versions of all the Star Wars films as well as recent LEGO titles covering Indiana Jones and Batman. It would make sense for the team to be eyeing Harry Potter for its next virtual building block adventure. Plus anything they do with a LEGO version of the game is bound to far surpass any of the horrendously mediocre Harry Potter titles already in existence. There is also some (not-unfounded) speculation Warner Bros. Interactive will publish the new LEGO game venture, since it recently handled LEGO Batman.

All of this is still very much unofficial, but it just makes so much sense. If the plan wasn't in the works before, Traveller's Tales would be foolish not to get cracking on this immediately.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
I guess travellers tales have found the philosophers stone (no pun intended :-D) of movie tie-ins. Doing the film in LEGO.

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
The HORROR! Tho if it actually becomes interesting to play it would be cool, but what will the spells look like anyway? Casting cubical spells from a cubical wand onto cubical enemies?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Jursa said:
The HORROR! Tho if it actually becomes interesting to play it would be cool, but what will the spells look like anyway? Casting cubical spells from a cubical wand onto cubical enemies?
Hmm...good point, especially since you have to say the words to make the spell work, and Lego characters can't talk.

That said, I would be all over a Harry Potter Lego game. I find that my enjoyment of Lego games is directly proportional to my fondness for the source material, which is why I played the crap out of the Star Wars games, but not so much the Indiana Jones or Batman. (Though the games are all quite good.)

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
I only played the Star Wars Lego games. I really enjoyed them, but I just never got around to playing either the Batman or Indiana Jones ones.

Fox1789

Dec 3, 2008
i cant play a game that reminds me of almost choking to death on a lego when i was 5

Jonatron

Sep 8, 2008
I'd buy it. Those lego games are awesome in a totally mysterious way. It won't top Lego Starwars though.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
Sounds better than that Lego Creator Harry Potter game I got for christmas a long time ago... I remember seeing that and thinking OMG HARRY POTTER only to find out that its basically a Lego building sim... It was extruciatingly boring and had a terrible interface. Bad game, bad. This game looks like what I really wanted, but I'm afraid I'm too old for this now.