LEGO Rock Band Details Reveal Giant Robots

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
LEGO Rock Band Details Reveal Giant Robots

If you were wondering exactly what makes LEGO Rock Band different from Rock Band aside from the LEGO graphics, here's your answer: giant robots.

The idea of a LEGO Rock Band might not seem like much more than a more family friendly skewed take on Harmonix' band-in-a-box game, but, according to new details about the game released on its Xbox.com page [http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/l/legorockband/], it won't just be more family friendly. It'll be a bit weirder, too.

See, in Rock Band and Rock Band 2's career modes, you just take your fictional band around the world, play music, and accumulate cash. That's part of LEGO Rock Band, except instead of money you earn LEGO blocks, which you use to build new vehicles that'll take you to new venues. But that's just one part. See, in this game , you don't just play music to make money. You play it to slay giant robots.

"Play killer riffs to destroy a giant robot, summon a storm, and demolish a skyscraper using the power of rock!" the page lists, describing what it calls "LEGO-themed rock challenges."

So there, that's one thing that LEGO Rock Band does that Rock Band doesn't. Other things include a new "easier skill set option" so your mom can play drums without difficulty, the ability to customize your entire entourage, from your band to your roadies and even your manager (LEGO Albert Grossman [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Grossman] here we come). Finally, there's also a customizable "LEGO rock-den" where you can buy and furnish a place with LEGO goodies to create a LEGO MTV Cribs-worthy hangout.

(Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/destroy-giant-robots-in-lego-rock-band-wait-what--129579.phtml])

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
at first i totally dismissed the idea, but now it sounds like theres a lil more too this game then squeezing a bit more money out of dumb parents. Im intrigued

internutt

Aug 27, 2008
Interesting. Its not just another Rock Band so far. I'll wait for more information before I pass judgment.

G1eet

Mar 25, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
I'm sold.
This.
I've only played Lego Star Wars 2, but this has me hooked so far. I'm interested to see any further developments.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Heh, this looks to actually be worth a purchase. I like Lego games, and this doesn't seem to just be a silly cash-in, so I might buy it.

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
Taking out skyscrapers and giant robots with the power of rock? That sounds like something Jack Black would do for one of his movies.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
*sighs*
And just as it sounded halfway to being possibly worth a look (maybe), they wheel out the giant robots...
Shame.

Deef

Mar 11, 2009
Bored Tomatoe said:
Rockband = lame
Lego games = mildly entertaining

Lego Rock band = Mildly lame? Lamely entertaining?
Rock Band = Good for parties
Lego games = Good for children

Lego Rock Band = Good for chardies? Good for parldren? Good for nothing?

CosmicGrenade

Feb 11, 2008
Umm.... rock music that destroy things.... where have i heard that from..... The Restaurant at the End of the Universe....